The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 10:02 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
I have a 2013 Mondeo with a heated windscreen and it is in the mottled area, been using for 3 years, no issues at all.
Perfect, mines a 2012 tit x mondeo, so that puts my mind at rest.
Do you find they save much time? Or is it mainly to save faffing about with cash or cards at the tolls.

Sorry to hear about your off. That really sucks ????

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 11:51 Quote
boostmad wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
I have a 2013 Mondeo with a heated windscreen and it is in the mottled area, been using for 3 years, no issues at all.
Perfect, mines a 2012 tit x mondeo, so that puts my mind at rest.
Do you find they save much time? Or is it mainly to save faffing about with cash or cards at the tolls.

Sorry to hear about your off. That really sucks ????
it does save time and hassle, but the best thing is driving through at 20kph and wondering if the barrier will open!! who says the adrenaline is only on the track?

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 17:12 Quote
Anyone done the 80km PDS Enduro route? Worth the day out is it?

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 23:58 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
Anyone done the 80km PDS Enduro route? Worth the day out is it?

I did the event a few years ago and it was a good laugh, bit of a pub crawl around the area. Don't know if I'd do it outside of the event.

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 13:01 Quote
Dropped my Scott Voltage off at the lbs for a little pre morzine recrease service , got the call today “ need new head , bb , pedal and ( this was the killer ) all pivot bearings plus hairline crack in bottom chain guard ! £340 nearly crashed the van ! Lol
Told him to calm down and just do head and pivots . Didn’t need that !

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 10:45 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Dropped my Scott Voltage off at the lbs for a little pre morzine recrease service , got the call today “ need new head , bb , pedal and ( this was the killer ) all pivot bearings plus hairline crack in bottom chain guard ! £340 nearly crashed the van ! Lol
Told him to calm down and just do head and pivots . Didn’t need that !

You should be able to do all that yourself...for a fraction of the cost

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
Ive never done any pivot bearings before and didn’t want to try a week before the trip ! He did them with the head bearings plus hub service and a grease up for £240 so was ok with that !
Drive out a week today ......hope weather stays good

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 0:19 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Ive never done any pivot bearings before and didn’t want to try a week before the trip ! He did them with the head bearings plus hub service and a grease up for £240 so was ok with that !
Drive out a week today ......hope weather stays good

Im out the same week. Checked the extended weather forecast and it wasnt looking good with thunderstorms and rain most days, hoping its wrong.

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 3:44 Quote
Weather lovely at the moment. ..
Can be changeable!

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 13:27 Quote
Just checked and looks good daytime and poss light rain in evenings all week so perfect !

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 14:46 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Just checked and looks good daytime and poss light rain in evenings all week so perfect !

pretty big change from the one i looked at this morning. Yours sounds much better though so im going with that one

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 7:54 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
Absolutely gutted, had an OTB yesterday and broke my collarbone, looking at 4-6 weeks recovery time or 16-24 weeks if surgery. I go to Morzine in 5 weeks!!! anyone been through this? is 5 weeks too optimistic? I have a possibility of delaying my trip for another 3 weeks, so 8 weeks, is that enough time to get closer to100%?

I'm hoping for good news as I don't want cancel but I also don't want to go and be in pain and not enjoy it.
Just come back from the hospital, all healing up nicely so no surgery needed. I am just about to get my Morzine trip pushed back another 4 weeks so hopefully I should be healed up and get some of my fitness back in time.

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 9:44 Quote
I'm going a lot later this year 21st august to 2nd September, what are the trails like? are they beat up? how big are the braking bumps etc? which areas are better?

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 13:15 Quote
I’m there Saturday eve for a week if anyone’s up for a ride or a beer !

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 4:47 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
I’m there Saturday eve for a week if anyone’s up for a ride or a beer !

I was out for Crankworx..back in uk for a week but out again next Monday for the summer.so Ill be up for it Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020048
Mobile Version of Website