Powered by Outside

Keep Snook informed about the live feed...World Champs thread!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Keep Snook informed about the live feed...World Champs thread!
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 14:33 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
This season was meh

I think the battle between the two Gs was pretty rad, Slugger's suprise win and T Mo's run today were pretty spacial.

I think next season has the potential to be epic, with the return of Barel and Hill, Peat back on form and Minnaar and Gee as fast as ever. Hopefully Gwin, Blinki, Brendog, Cole and Beumont will up their pace too. I just hope there are no injurys for the big dogs.

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 14:35 Quote
You're kidding me.

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 14:36 Quote
not a surprise peaty had an off season. in the film seasons he says that each time he won the overall the year after was pretty poor so maybe it was the same with the world champs? will be good if he hits good form again!

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 14:51 Quote
Wow, so I went out tonight. I just got home and went on the UCI site and loaded up the first set of DH results I could find.

I see Greg first Gee second and I'm gutted.

Then I find out that was the Timed Practice results.

So stoked Sam won. To come back after his injury it shows how much talent and drive he really has.

I'm overwhelmed for Stevie Smith too. He's such a cool guy and he deserved that too.

Another few results, Danny Hart in 8th. What a year for him. To come from coming 3rd in the Junior Worlds last year to coming 8th in senior this year is such a performance.

Also, Ruardih Cunningham, 19th. That will shut up all the doubters. Everyone said Miami should have been picked over him, and he came 19th. Sick result. Stoked for Needles too.

Matt Simmonds was on for a good run at the first split then it looks like he crashed.
Looks like Leov also had problems after being 4th at the first split then finishing a bit down the order.

I think i'd be right in saying this is the first time there's not been a Brit on the podium for quite a few years?

Also, I think this season has been the best for a long long time. Coming that far down to the wire in the last race. Lots of competition for the 3rd spot too.

Although, next year promises to be even better. Bring on PMB!

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 15:06 Quote
Summed it up nicely there Tim. I actually really enjoyed this season too, the fight to the end was just superb.

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 15:10 Quote
timlake wrote:
Bring on PMB!

Never thought I'd hear you say that.

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 15:12 Quote
Haha, bring on PMB as in it's the start of a new and exciting season. Not it's gonna be a fun race cos we all know Greg's gonna smoke everyone. Hopefully I'll be there to see it, maybe not. But next season is gonna be rad.

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 15:17 Quote
Dialled-for-life wrote:
JamesOliver wrote:
YESSSSSS Steve Peat didnt win Big Grin
Why?

Well his time wasnt as fast as Sam Hills which is why he didnt win, I'd of thought that was obvious... Wink

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 15:46 Quote
shame to see the weather playing such a big part but well done to sam none the less, but a bigger well done to T Mo for destroying the field in the womens

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 at 3:26 Quote
was there some controvesy because of a change in weather for the last few riders having worse conditions to race in?

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 at 3:33 Quote
JamesOliver wrote:
Dialled-for-life wrote:
JamesOliver wrote:
YESSSSSS Steve Peat didnt win Big Grin
Why?

Well his time wasnt as fast as Sam Hills which is why he didnt win, I'd of thought that was obvious... Wink
I just meant why the happy face?

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 at 3:41 Quote
Dialled-for-life wrote:
JamesOliver wrote:
Dialled-for-life wrote:
Why?

I just meant why the happy face?

He probally isn't a fan of Steve Peat,that's why his happy that Peat didn't win

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 at 4:18 Quote
rob-k wrote:
was there some controvesy because of a change in weather for the last few riders having worse conditions to race in?

stevie smith was the last rider to have decent conditions, it got gradually worse from there and by the time it got to gwin you could see they couldn't get the same speed on the top section, the conditions were particularly bad by the time minnaar, gee and peaty got down. personally i think minnaars time was outstanding considering. Still credit must go to sam as that's just the way racing goes sometimes.

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 at 7:36 Quote
timlake wrote:
Matt Simmonds was on for a good run at the first split then it looks like he crashed.
Looks like Leov also had problems after being 4th at the first split then finishing a bit down the order.

Leov crashed at the same place as Simmonds did.

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 at 8:20 Quote
Yeah just seen the crash video on Freecaster. Some mad slams!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023331
Mobile Version of Website