best shock on a dh bike?

PB Forum :: Downhill
best shock on a dh bike?
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 9:23 Quote
After riding the vivid this week for a bit I can say it is a much better feeling shock then the DHX for DH use. It is kinda like a dumbed down Cane Creek. It uses the saem Twin Tube technology as the Cane Creek but in a mass produced environment. The twin tube design allows for a much more active rear suspension, and the beginning and ending stroke rebound is pure genius, much like cane creeks speed sensitive rebound. For an all mountain bike the DHX would probably be better, they are notoriously overdamped (kinda the opposite of FOx's forks) so they pedal like a dream, mostly due to their initial stiffness. Twin Tube technology is the future of MTB shocks, I wont be suprised if Fox comes out with one in the next year or two, they will pretty much have to to compete performance wise with Rockshox. Fox set the bar with the DHX, Rockshox just took it to a new level with the vivid (it only took them 4 years of brainstorming)

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 8:43 Quote
This sounds more intresting and it's the revolution in coil shock suspension.Still it's now used in the MX world by WP suspension only but i think it would be the next big thing to enter the Bicycle suspension if it been adapted from WP.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.wpsuspension.com/company/bilder/wptrax.jpg

FL
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 10:05 Quote
spliffonator wrote:
Personally i'd say best is 5th Element. My friend has Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5, 9.5" of travel, shivers and the shock is insane
wtf! mate are u insane?? i have a 9.5 and the 5th is not too nice, too old and harsh. dhx or double barrel mate

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 3:17 Quote
samgf1993 wrote:
ashperry wrote:
mtblife wrote:
the millyard racing shock...Ministry of Defence engineerd! then Cane Creek.. thats my personal opinion. my Race bike runs a 2007 Vanilla R with PUSH internals and TF Tuned regular, makes for a perfect no nonsense simple race shock!
yeh matty, my fox vanilla R might not be t-f tuned but there are one of the best!
ash u tit, i betif sum1 changed ur shock to an air 1 u wouldnt even notice.
ok sam, whatever u say! lolMoon

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 10:22 Quote
tomcolesdarkangel06 wrote:
spliffonator wrote:
Personally i'd say best is 5th Element. My friend has Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5, 9.5" of travel, shivers and the shock is insane
wtf! mate are u insane?? i have a 9.5 and the 5th is not too nice, too old and harsh. dhx or double barrel mate

He has kept his is sweet order, got it custom tuned and it is sweet.

FL
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
Yeh and so is mine. spent 250 quid keepin it sweet and it still gets owned by the dhx5. which is what i intend to get.

Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 17:49 Quote
robyboulianne wrote:
i have a shockwave 9.5 with manitou 4 way and it work very great Smile
if i chage what is the best ?
for my fork i check for fox 40 2009 in black but i dont know what is the best in 888wc
boxxer wc or fox 40
Do you have the money lying around to buy one of those?

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
Fox are hands down amazing forks. Love them. As for shocks, I've heard great reviews from both the Cane Creek Double Barrel and the new Rock Shox Vivid, or you could go with the trusty Fox DHX. The only sad part is they all get schooled compared to a Curnutt.

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 6:07 Quote
does anybody know how does the bos feels

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 6:50 Quote
my Avalanche shock has been ace.

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 6:50 Quote
Fox Van R wiv Steel sprng !11!!!11!!111!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031034
Mobile Version of Website