Upgrades for 2011 Kona Shred

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Upgrades for 2011 Kona Shred
Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 9:43 Quote
mgolland45 wrote:
coffeycake96 wrote:
mgolland45 wrote:
hes inspired me, im gonna go throw my snafu mayweathers in the trash and buy some gravity motos like on the shred (i assume)

why are you hating on me when you have a santa cruz bullit too? and mine is more expensive.

first of all you said you didnt care about expensive parts, now saying youres is better than mine, second o all i now have a scott voltage fr

EDIT: sorry marquis didnt see he hes on break, consider it dropped

Coffecake has no clue and is on a break,so unless you want a coffee break then i suggest you just drop it and walk away.

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 10:00 Quote
For the OP i'd suggest changing bars/stem/grips to suit your preference (i've never been happy with a single stock bar/stem/grips) then spending whatevers left on a tool kit. Preferably parktool if you can afford it.

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 10:15 Quote
Nobble wrote:
For the OP i'd suggest changing bars/stem/grips to suit your preference (i've never been happy with a single stock bar/stem/grips) then spending whatevers left on a tool kit. Preferably parktool if you can afford it.

This but pedals too.

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 10:19 Quote
marquis wrote:
Nobble wrote:

This but pedals too.
Ahh yes, definetly pedals.

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 10:21 Quote
marquis wrote:
muddigger wrote:
marquis wrote:

No need to resort to name calling to get your point across.
theyre just being immature. the only reason i posted this thread was to get multiple opinions on how to solve my dillema (new bike, extra money, no broken parts). only about 10% of comments on this thread have given me any advice (good or bad). im done w/ this

Most of the posts made no sense to be honest,hanleys first post was legit but coffeecake evidently has no clue on stuff,pro mtb dh riders use mtb cranks because that's what they are paid to use,most dj bikes i have seen use bmx cranks as they are stronger and cheaper than an equivalent mtb crank,for the cash buy tools and the odd spare part i,e mech and the consumables like cables and what not along with maybe brake pads and or tyres,getting tools to fix your own bike is a step in the right direction too.

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 10:26 Quote
hanley wrote:
marquis wrote:
muddigger wrote:
theyre just being immature. the only reason i posted this thread was to get multiple opinions on how to solve my dillema (new bike, extra money, no broken parts). only about 10% of comments on this thread have given me any advice (good or bad). im done w/ this

Most of the posts made no sense to be honest,hanleys first post was legit but coffeecake evidently has no clue on stuff,pro mtb dh riders use mtb cranks because that's what they are paid to use,most dj bikes i have seen use bmx cranks as they are stronger and cheaper than an equivalent mtb crank,for the cash buy tools and the odd spare part i,e mech and the consumables like cables and what not along with maybe brake pads and or tyres,getting tools to fix your own bike is a step in the right direction too.

Credit where credit is due.Salute

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 10:29 Quote
marquis wrote:
mgolland45 wrote:
coffeycake96 wrote:

why are you hating on me when you have a santa cruz bullit too? and mine is more expensive.

first of all you said you didnt care about expensive parts, now saying youres is better than mine, second o all i now have a scott voltage fr

EDIT: sorry marquis didnt see he hes on break, consider it dropped

Coffecake has no clue and is on a break,so unless you want a coffee break then i suggest you just drop it and walk away.

ayeaye cap'm

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 13:36 Quote
MY POSTS MADE SENSE! Blank Stare

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 13:38 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
MY POSTS MADE SENSE! Blank Stare

Ok you can has brownie point too.

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 13:39 Quote
k, that's all i needed... i shutup nao

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 16:47 Quote
Marquis...

did my post (page 6, post 9) not make sense?

cause... well... check this out:
photo

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 17:59 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
Marquis...

photo
this is why u dont want wide cranks (aka bmx cranks)

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 18:00 Quote
muddigger wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
Marquis...

photo
They arent wider?

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 19:03 Quote
muddigger wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
Marquis...

photo
Page 6, post number 9, READ IT! Facepalm

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 1:56 Quote
Yes and have to agree although in reality you can't measure every single rock gap,but he is right bmx are a set width due to the standardization of stuff,most aluminum cranks are off set to clear the wider chainstays that mtb have,also external bb wouldn't add an inch all around as older square taper cranks had a gap inbetween the crank itself and the bb,newer external bb and cranks the crank is in most cases butted up against the outer edge of the bb.

Kona used to make steel cranks as they are stronger than there aluminum counter part.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/images/shop/pimage_320_1140044780.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bustabikes.com/images/2K5_Crank_BulgeIsis_300.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026443
Mobile Version of Website