Moose Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moose Mountain Thread
Posted: May 11, 2012 at 15:48 Quote
Hey,

So what is the plan for tom at moose mountian.. Still not def for me as i am heading back in to work again tonight............. Is it just trail building some riding also. ?

I kind of know how to get there but not 100%

Thanks

Luke

Posted: May 11, 2012 at 20:54 Quote
The plan is show up at Ing's mine at 1030 am for greatness.

Bring boots and gloves and maybe a snack. MMBTS supplies tools and a BBQ after.

There might be riding, but the gate is not open yet so you can pedal up.

See MMBTS website write-up for more

Posted: May 12, 2012 at 8:00 Quote
Come support the trails

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 8:59 Quote
Yo Moose heads!

We did not make it out Saturday but fully into doing some work.

I tried to sign up on the sight...but for some weird reason i could not download the PDF.
Anyways im sure il figure it out, cheap laptop...

If anyone wants to ride, my work can leave me with open days any day of the week. My vehicle can carry 3 at the moment. 4 maybe 5 by next week, adding a rack on top.

403 688 6003
Patrick

O+
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 6:43 Quote
The road opens today, please be careful as there asre still plenty of ruts and big rocks and it is very easy to flat. Not really recomended for vehicle with little ground clearance past the 2k point.

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 10:31 Quote
stoked to go riding this afternoon

O+
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 10:46 Quote
Van made it up shuttle road once..... And I'm not sending her up again.

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 10:49 Quote
is it really that bad how will a ford escape handle it?

O+
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 10:58 Quote
Car? I'd say no....

SUVs will some vans will and trucks deffs will

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 16:22 Quote
I have yet to ride moose, and want to! My question is, if a trail is still under maintenance is it marked as so, and advised not to ride. Or open to interpretation?

Cheers

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 16:56 Quote
Would a Ford Ranger be ok for the shuttle road?

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 17:56 Quote
Crav3n wrote:
I have yet to ride moose, and want to! My question is, if a trail is still under maintenance is it marked as so, and advised not to ride. Or open to interpretation?

Cheers

It's quite difficult to end up somewhere you shouldn't be. Stunts that are under construction would require you to get off of you bike and remove obstructions that were clearly put there on purpose.

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 18:11 Quote
Crav3n wrote:

Cheers
You'll love the trails at Moose Mountain, if you are ready for them. Check out the map and trail descriptions at http://www.mmbts.com

Become a member and support the trails and come out to trail days to help with the maintenance. Be aware that the trails are just maintained by volunteers and conditions may change suddenly, like after every wind storm. Even intermediate trails have expert only Technical Trail Features (gap jumps) and you should check the TTF's before riding.

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 18:15 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
Crav3n wrote:

Cheers

It's quite difficult to end up somewhere you shouldn't be. Stunts that are under construction would require you to get off of you bike and remove obstructions that were clearly put there on purpose.

Fair enough. But I was more concerned whether the trail builders would want anyone on the trails until its completed.

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 18:18 Quote
Like I said, it's quite difficult to end up somewhere you aren't supposed to beBeer

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.047224
Mobile Version of Website