Powered by Outside

Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
O+ FL
Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 15:47 Quote
leigh2612 wrote:
Hi guys,
With monarch + and the v4, what pressures and spacers are you guys running?
I'm about 85kg kitted up, running nearly 300psi with no spacers....still seems to sit into the travel quite a bit.
Thanks in advance!

I'm your weight geared up. With no spacers I was pushing 310 for 25% sag, with two spacers I have it at 270.

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 16:03 Quote
leigh2612 wrote:
Hi guys,
With monarch + and the v4, what pressures and spacers are you guys running?
I'm about 85kg kitted up, running nearly 300psi with no spacers....still seems to sit into the travel quite a bit.
Thanks in advance!
Hi Leigh , I'm the same wait and you 3 bands in the shock , forget about psi just set sag 25/30%( 30% is good for me ) ! Should be nice and smooth on little bumps and will take heavy hit well . Less bands means you'll need more air to get the sag right . Try 3 you'll love it !

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 17:10 Quote
Cheers guys...bands should be here soon, fingers crossed. Ta!

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 23:59 Quote
Are you guys putting the bands in the same spot? In my monarch plus debonair I've got all mine together but I've read you should have some in positive and some in negative? I'm not 100% sure where they go for that though?

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 0:15 Quote
300psi, probably as many volume spacers as Novyparts could get in, but then I have a custom piston and shims... For 110kg. Might try 305, but my Fox digital shock pump doesn't go beyond 300 ...

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 10:18 Quote
PoeticThreeD wrote:
Silliker269 wrote:
Thought you fellas might be interested in this , Im trying to get more details now if it was a special spring or anything
photo
The guys at CC said that nothing would fit based on the frame dimensions they had for the V4. Definitely interested to see if this works!

Yeah Im actually looking at the Fox DHX2 with the SLS spring as it is slightly smaller in diameter to your typical shock spring. Hopefully Fox will respond to my emails asking about the OD. If its lets then 2" I think were in the money

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 15:37 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:
Are you guys putting the bands in the same spot? In my monarch plus debonair I've got all mine together but I've read you should have some in positive and some in negative? I'm not 100% sure where they go for that though?
Hi ninj4bee , I tried in both but didn't feel good ( couldn't get the sag unless huge psi ) ! A lot of conflicting views on this , but I went with 3 in the positive ( top part of chamber ) and that's been the best all round ! Get the rebound right aswell or will mess things up !

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 15:44 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Ninj4Bee wrote:
Hi ninj4bee , I tried in both but didn't feel good ( couldn't get the sag unless huge psi ) ! A lot of conflicting views on this , but I went with 3 in the positive ( top part of chamber ) and that's been the best all round ! Get the rebound right aswell or will mess things up !

Agreed, the debonair is already a super sensitive shock you should not need to shim the negative air for any reason.

Posted: Jan 29, 2016 at 8:05 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
Ninj4Bee wrote:

Agreed, the debonair is already a super sensitive shock you should not need to shim the negative air for any reason.

Thanks guys, I'm not sure now where i put mine, I might have to take a photo and post it on here to make sure I'm in the right spot, I've got a horrible feeling I might of added 2 to the negative?!

What symptoms would that cause does anyone know? Anybody found any images on the net that show the correct placement?

Cheers guys

Posted: Jan 29, 2016 at 10:37 Quote
If your holding to shock and pull the air chamber DOWN to take it off , put the bands at the very top ( the end with the lockout knob ) . Slide the chamber up til it clicks , replace Oring then back on bike , get your sag and rebound sorted ( pump the shock a few times when doing the sag ) ! Go ride !!

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 10:13 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
If your holding to shock and pull the air chamber DOWN to take it off , put the bands at the very top ( the end with the lockout knob ) . Slide the chamber up til it clicks , replace Oring then back on bike , get your sag and rebound sorted ( pump the shock a few times when doing the sag ) ! Go ride !!

Awesome thanks man!

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 7:17 Quote
Hi there, interesting post with the cane creek shock!!

Just a quick question:

I Bought a new meta am v4 frame without a rear axle. Now I really want to build this thing as fast as possible to go outside to shred trails! The mild winter shouts for some winter riding!

I thought the X12 Syntace axle would fit, as i do not need a quick release lever. Now I see it doesnt fit through the hole where the rear derailleur hanger sits, it is too thick (drilling has the same diameter as the rest of the axle.

So is there any other axle I can use (possibly without quick release lever) other than the expensive & recommended Rockshox Maxle Ultimate??
I really do not want to spend more than 50€ on a stupid rear axle, now I am very confused as I thought 12x142 axles were standardized!

Thanks r0b

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 8:01 Quote
r0bb wrote:
Hi there, interesting post with the cane creek shock!!

Just a quick question:

I Bought a new meta am v4 frame without a rear axle. Now I really want to build this thing as fast as possible to go outside to shred trails! The mild winter shouts for some winter riding!

I thought the X12 Syntace axle would fit, as i do not need a quick release lever. Now I see it doesnt fit through the hole where the rear derailleur hanger sits, it is too thick (drilling has the same diameter as the rest of the axle.

So is there any other axle I can use (possibly without quick release lever) other than the expensive & recommended Rockshox Maxle Ultimate??
I really do not want to spend more than 50€ on a stupid rear axle, now I am very confused as I thought 12x142 axles were standardized!

Thanks r0b

I'm using the one from Novyparts, but it's 59€ ...
http://www.novyparts.com/produits-novyparts-suspensions-vtt/axe-de-roue/axe-roues-novyparts-vtt.html

And no, 142x12 is standardized from the hub point of view, but the axles definitely aren't (on the Novyparts page I can see 5 different axles for 142x12, and there could be more! Big Grin )

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 10:47 Quote
Silliker269 wrote:
Thought you fellas might be interested in this , Im trying to get more details now if it was a special spring or anything
photo

Yeah thank you !

Then a Fox DHX2 should fit too... hell yeah, i will order one!

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 11:15 Quote
Helldancer wrote:
Silliker269 wrote:
photo

Yeah thank you !

Then a Fox DHX2 should fit too... hell yeah, i will order one!

Yeah I emailed FOX , they confirmed the SLS Spring is (2.5-2.75” stroke: 400 lbs/in) is 50mm or 1.9685 inches.
From my measurements that should fit , even with the 4% growth in diameter when it is compressed

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.044675
Mobile Version of Website