Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 14:07 Quote
Quick review after the first few rides on local trails, this thing is bloody brilliant! I honestly was a bit worried it wouldn't be as fun/playful as the capra but it's even better in that regard. Climbs and corners so much better than the capra, makes the flatter tighter stuff so much fun again.

Big wheels keep on rolling thats for sure Big Grin can't wait to try it on faster trail centre stuff

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 5:54 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:
Quick review after the first few rides on local trails, this thing is bloody brilliant! I honestly was a bit worried it wouldn't be as fun/playful as the capra but it's even better in that regard. Climbs and corners so much better than the capra, makes the flatter tighter stuff so much fun again.

Big wheels keep on rolling thats for sure Big Grin can't wait to try it on faster trail centre stuff

Good to hear, the Jeffsy has made my Capra redundant and even clumsy in comparison, no more pedal strikes in flat corners and you can pop and throw the thing about easily, I think i've been converted to the dark side.

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 6:21 Quote
Can someone with a large Jeffsy CF pro one with fox forks please let me know what the actual wheelbase measurement is

Thanks

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 6:38 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
RockNRolla92 wrote:

Good to hear, the Jeffsy has made my Capra redundant and even clumsy in comparison, no more pedal strikes in flat corners and you can pop and throw the thing about easily, I think i've been converted to the dark side.

Interesting u say that. On Saturday I mentioned to a couple of the dudes up at my local dh trails that I was thinking of getting a Jeffsy next year. I was very quickly told not to get one and to get the Capra because It has 650B wheels as opposed to the 29 and a more "throwable", fun character!

Do u think YT are going to change their bikes next year?

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 9:44 Quote
alanme wrote:
Can someone with a large Jeffsy CF pro one with fox forks please let me know what the actual wheelbase measurement is

Thanks

1195mm

And if you change the fork for a 150mm 51mm offset pike roughly add on another 12mm

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 9:53 Quote
sam14thomas wrote:
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
RockNRolla92 wrote:

Interesting u say that. On Saturday I mentioned to a couple of the dudes up at my local dh trails that I was thinking of getting a Jeffsy next year. I was very quickly told not to get one and to get the Capra because It has 650B wheels as opposed to the 29 and a more "throwable", fun character!

Honestly it depends what you want to do with it and what you prefer riding. Try both if possible, if you can't try a jeffsy look for a demo of one of the new school 29ers like the process 111/ smuggler etc the jeffsy has more travel but they have similar handling style

Not sure anyone can know what they are going to do next year but I imagine they will just refine what they have, maybe swap components here and there.

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 9:55 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
alanme wrote:

Thanks

1195mm

And if you change the fork for a 150mm 51mm offset pike roughly add on another 12mm

Tha'ts 20mm more than they have in the geometry chart

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 10:02 Quote
alanme wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:
alanme wrote:

Thanks

1195mm

Tha'ts 20mm more than they have in the geometry chart

Could you measure the front center as well please, just checked the lads medium, and it is 1156, near enough as quoted in the charts

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 11:10 Quote
sam14thomas wrote:
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
RockNRolla92 wrote:

I have both a capra and jeffsy. Jeffsy is very nimble. Due to the slightly steeper HA, I find it more 'chuckable' than the Capra! With a 150mm fork on the jeffsy, slackening it off to about 66 degrees, I'm finding the jeff faster on everything but the proper DH graded stuff

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 12:37 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
sam14thomas wrote:
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:

I have both a capra and jeffsy. Jeffsy is very nimble. Due to the slightly steeper HA, I find it more 'chuckable' than the Capra! With a 150mm fork on the jeffsy, slackening it off to about 66 degrees, I'm finding the jeff faster on everything but the proper DH graded stuff

Sweet!! Thanks for the replies guys!!!

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 12:44 Quote
Can you raise the Pike on the Jeffsy to 150mm or does it need to be swapped out altogether?

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 13:18 Quote
Ahhhh hope my CF comp 1 XL hurries up. Ordered in May, said available June 29th but got email week ago saying may be delayed a month. But the order page still says June 29th so holding out hope.

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 13:53 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN I live in Bathgate any chance of a sit on your bike to check size, my lad has the Medium "RocknRolla92, not sure if it's quite big enough

Posted: Jun 23, 2016 at 0:44 Quote
Hi guys,

I'm hoping one of you who already has their bike can help me out with a question.

My AL1 is due for shipment next week. In the meantime I'm thinking of getting some better wheels built up.

The YT website says the rear hub is 12x148 thru axle but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Jeffsy wasn't built with the new boost standard. Can someone confirm the hub sizes and that they are both thru axle?

TIA

Posted: Jun 23, 2016 at 0:48 Quote
mtb-mann wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm hoping one of you who already has their bike can help me out with a question.

My AL1 is due for shipment next week. In the meantime I'm thinking of getting some better wheels built up.

The YT website says the rear hub is 12x148 thru axle but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Jeffsy wasn't built with the new boost standard. Can someone confirm the hub sizes and that they are both thru axle?

TIA
It's 12x148 and 15x 100. What don't you like about the stock wheels?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034877
Mobile Version of Website