Powered by Outside

Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 19:23 Quote
JamesXT wrote:
Check Casey Brown’s insta, Trek sponsored rider running a 170mm 29” Rockshox Zeb on a ‘secret’ bike. New Slash confirmed surely.

170 on a slash is not a new thing, a couple EWS riders have been doing this for awhile.
same with running mullet on a remedy.
probably 170 f and 150 rear, tweaked front of frame to suit, cant see anything more based on the bikes we've seen so far.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 21:31 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
JamesXT wrote:
Check Casey Brown’s insta, Trek sponsored rider running a 170mm 29” Rockshox Zeb on a ‘secret’ bike. New Slash confirmed surely.

170 on a slash is not a new thing, a couple EWS riders have been doing this for awhile.
probably 170 f and 150 rear, tweaked front of frame to suit, cant see anything more based on the bikes we've seen so far.

Why would she describe a current generation Slash/Remedy as secret though?

2021 Fuel, Remedy and Rail all visible online but no Slash at all. Obviously something coming.

Hoping the Slash will share similar geo to the Rail but with 10mm extra travel and half a degree slacker HA. That would be sweet. Nice that they have lowered the top tube-seat tube join on the Rail too. Makes the larger sizes look way better.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 2:32 Quote
JamesXT wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
JamesXT wrote:

2021 Fuel, Remedy and Rail all visible online but no Slash at all. Obviously something coming.

Hoping the Slash will share similar geo to the Rail but with 10mm extra travel and half a degree slacker HA. That would be sweet. Nice that they have lowered the top tube-seat tube join on the Rail too. Makes the larger sizes look way better.

Katey Winston also confirmed on instagram that the new Slash is on it’s way. Introduction very soon..
100% it will be this month! ;-)

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 19:04 Quote
JamesXT wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
JamesXT wrote:

why on earth would you hope the Enduro rig gets similar specs than the E bike? Stop smoking crack M8

We only need some extra Reach will small variance in stack if the geometry gods decide thats better for racing

Beside that, Updated everything in terms of equipment. Rainbow Cassete, Rainbow Chain, Carbon absolutely everywhere.

XT brakes should go straight to XTR for high end maybe or Magura MT7?

38 FOX or 38 Sram?

ohLINS coil would be groundbraking for me, ive heard so much shit about it being on another level.

Honestly i dont know what else, Hopefully there is a Super high end that equals the AXS 2020 or improves it spec wise without counting suspension that is a must

HAIL JAH

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 22:59 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
JamesXT wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

why on earth would you hope the Enduro rig gets similar specs than the E bike? Stop smoking crack M8

We only need some extra Reach will small variance in stack if the geometry gods decide thats better for racing

Haha I’m guessing you haven’t looked at the Rail geo...

https://www.geometrygeeks.bike/compare/trek-rail-2020-xl-21-5-lo,trek-slash-alloy-2019-21-5in-low/

It’s not perfect but it’s by far Trek’s most progressive mtb...

FL
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 15:23 Quote
we should see something very soon,

spare parts went up on dexter this morning...

Trek 2021 Slash 29 Carbon Seatstay

but no bikes....yet

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 19:27 Quote
dreggsy1971 wrote:

but no bikes....yet

You crazy MF send me that link please!

Cant wait to conplete my quiver of bikes. 1 ebike 180/180, dirt jump sabbath devinci, upcoming slash 9.9 axs
????????????????????????????????????????????????????

FL
Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 22:12 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
dreggsy1971 wrote:

but no bikes....yet

You crazy MF send me that link please!

Cant wait to conplete my quiver of bikes. 1 ebike 180/180, dirt jump sabbath devinci, upcoming slash 9.9 axs
????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Dexter is the distributor site for Trek so only bike shop people can see it.

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 2:39 Quote
Colourways for the seat/chainstays are Carbon Blue Smoke and Trek Factory Orange. Looks like the 2021 Road bikes are using the same

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bikes/road-bikes/gravel-bikes/checkpoint/checkpoint-sl/checkpoint-sl-6/p/32559/

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/gb/en_GB/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road-bikes/domane/domane-al/domane-al-5-disc/p/33086/

FL
Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 5:51 Quote
Matkin wrote:
Colourways for the seat/chainstays are Carbon Blue Smoke and Trek Factory Orange. Looks like the 2021 Road bikes are using the same

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bikes/road-bikes/gravel-bikes/checkpoint/checkpoint-sl/checkpoint-sl-6/p/32559/

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/gb/en_GB/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road-bikes/domane/domane-al/domane-al-5-disc/p/33086/

The blue is nice, reminds me of the TFR Color scheme, and I like the metallic orange. However I feel like nothing will ever top the factory red 9.9 of 2017

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 6:05 Quote
arthur-dpy wrote:
Matkin wrote:

The blue is nice, reminds me of the TFR Color scheme, and I like the metallic orange. However I feel like nothing will ever top the factory red 9.9 of 2017

Factory was ugly, my opinion.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 8:31 Quote
Factory Red was nice but the paint quality was shit

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
its-all-about-bikes wrote:
Factory Red was nice but the paint quality was shit

It chips on all of them.

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 0:05 Quote
Metalic orange is awfull

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
If you zoom in on Hattie Harnden's lates IG post, she is definitely running something different for a shock than an RS Superdeluxe. It almost looks like an upside-down Fox float X2, but it wouldn't be a Fox. Maybe something new coming from RS on the new bike?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036639
Mobile Version of Website