Alpine Trail XR

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
Alpine Trail XR
Posted: May 6, 2024 at 17:51 Quote
joshuaphillips wrote:
mjscyclery wrote:
Well dang. There was talk of a new AT breaking cover at Sea Otter but apparently that was wishful thinking.

Hang in there.

I'm assuming there'll be an Alpine Trail XR with AXS out soon? A specific Google search shows some pictures and renders...

If I said yes I would be in violation of the embargo so I can't confirm that.

FL
Posted: May 6, 2024 at 20:45 Quote
dai1983 wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:
dai1983 wrote:

Also would like to know what they are like as they are a decent price in the UK currently. Other option would be a Merida one sixty 500.

Like Deore 4 pots so I sure about the TRP brakes on the blue XR.

Worldly different in quality, with the Merida being so much nicer - The Merida stuff is Some of the nicest quality you can get.
Sure the Headset routing can be a pain once every 12 months for 5minutes..........

Cheers for the reply. Why do you say that?

I'm currently torn between a 160 500 or getting a 140 500 and buy a 170mm fork and shock for bigger days as they are the same frame and build kit. Two bikes in one if you get what I mean

the Alloy quality, fit & finish, QC etc is very nice on Merida bikes, especially their new stuff.

FL
Posted: May 15, 2024 at 6:06 Quote
It's here lads.

A few thoughts on first glance:

Makes sense to move up in travel and distinguish itself more from the Rift Zone.

4 bar is interesting and getting more popular overall.

Downtube storage is a great addition, as is transmission compatibility.

The water bottle situation is a bit frustrating, but nothing new from the previous gen AT.

Posted: May 15, 2024 at 7:17 Quote
We have an XR version in the shop. I’ve actually had it sitting on the floor for a week. It’s kind of surprising that only a few have picked up on it. I suppose if I had the pink one, everybody would be asking about it but we got the silver one and it just kind of blends in which I love.

Posted: May 16, 2024 at 5:21 Quote
Stoked to see it!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025996
Mobile Version of Website