Powered by Outside

Sponsorship insight for all you lazy kids.

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sponsorship insight for all you lazy kids.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 16:30 Quote
well, im 13 and i race dh and i only have my 1st ds, a specalized bighit gromhit, no upgrades or any thing, i race for fun and the rush of hitting a kicker at fullspeed, so not all 13 year olds are snotty, i had to pay for my bike, it took 3 yeaes of buying nothing else for myself and saving up, so all of the kids that are like 13-14 with $2500-$8000 bikes, man, ride for fun, not to have the nicest bike on the hill!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 9:52 Quote
Well they said it all, i'm so happy to hear it from someone else. I'm 30 and started racing seriously 2 year ago because i couldn't afford it. I got recognition by a racing team last year and like they said, it's worth it. All these kids need to understand that, with a sponsorship comes the obligation to work and to improve. Also being cocky doesn't really give your team a good image. No good for business, cause in the end, it's all about money.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
get a life some of us " Lazy Kids " have been riding longer if peepel have money for the bike of the Dreams let them

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
KonaShred2-4 wrote:
Get A Life Some Of Us " Lazy Kids " Have Been Riding Longer If Peepl Have Money For The Bike Of The Dreams Let Them
Do you have to capitalize the first letter of every word, dig up old threads, incorrectly spell people and act like another of the spoiled kids who think the world revolves around them?

I get the feeling you haven't read the thread and/or understand what it is about.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 15:04 Quote
KonaShred2-4 wrote:
get a life some of us " Lazy Kids " have been riding longer if peepel have money for the bike of the Dreams let them
sorry and yes im dislexic Smile

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 15:04 Quote
Yeh you dont have to sit around moneing about them just get out and ride

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 15:07 Quote
Get out and ride at 23:15? Sure... Rolleyes

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
yeh well in other words get a life you have made a thread about people being jelous of those with money so what if there spoiled does not make any difference in you life what so ever

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 15:16 Quote
For a start I didn't make this thread.

There is a big difference to people who pay their way and people who get life handed to them on a silver plate. I don't agree that someone who probably has little to no dedication to this sport should be handed a £3000+ bike just because his parents can afford it, if you want to get far in this sport it takes dedication.

bigquotesThis sport takes 90% dedication and 10% skill- Darren Berrecloth

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
For a start I didn't make this thread.

There is a big difference to people who pay their way and people who get life handed to them on a silver plate. I don't agree that someone who probably has little to no dedication to this sport should be handed a £3000+ bike just because his parents can afford it, if you want to get far in this sport it takes dedication.

bigquotesThis sport takes 90% dedication and 10% skill- Darren Berrecloth
Dedication
thats not saving up for a decent bike
thats riding eitch is fair enough
and he probly got it as you say "left handed To Him "

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
Left handed to him? I wrote that they get life handed to them.

Dedication is saving for a bike, dedication is spending every spare second on a bike to better yourself and your riding ability, dedication is not buying a big fancy house but staying close to the mountains in a small cabin so you can ride the hills everyday.

Dedication is NOT doing nothing but asking your parents to fund your bike.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
Left handed to him? I wrote that they get life handed to them.

Dedication is saving for a bike, dedication is spending every spare second on a bike to better yourself and your riding ability, dedication is not buying a big fancy house but staying close to the mountains in a small cabin so you can ride the hills everyday.

Dedication is NOT doing nothing but asking your parents to fund your bike.

Its not what you ride its how you ride
so you tellin me if you were thertin and one of you parents said they woul give you £2500 to sepnd on a bike youd say no ?

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
I would say no, instead I would like to earn my way. I worked to make every penny I spent on my bike and if I didn't the bike wouldn't feel like it really was mine. Money what I get for nothing is like money stolen, I don't deserve either.

You are portraying yourself as a spoiled kid to me by the way you are trying to justify yourself.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
KonaShred2-4 wrote:
yeh well in other words get a life you have made a thread about people being jelous of those with money so what if there spoiled does not make any difference in you life what so ever

How bout' reading the article I linked to. You clearly don't have a clue what this thread is even talking about.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
I would say no, instead I would like to earn my way. I worked to make every penny I spent on my bike and if I didn't the bike wouldn't feel like it really was mine. Money what I get for nothing is like money stolen, I don't deserve either.

You are portraying yourself as a spoiled kid to me by the way you are trying to justify yourself.
im no spoiled kid my mum bort my bike with is a budget bike and ive saved for everything ive put on it
im just sayin just leave themget on with there lives its not our problem

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031307
Mobile Version of Website