Powered by Outside

Clicky hubs, suggestions??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Clicky hubs, suggestions??
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
pinityoufairy wrote:
hope pro 2s are all the same internally.

how loud the click is depends on how much grease you put inside the mechanism. you can thus adjust it between antisocially loud and silent.

and they come in lovely colours.

i have gold, it's beautiful.

and they are cnced by hope themselves, so are top notch quality.

buy one!
The Hope Pro 2 SS/trials has bigger springs/pawls etc and has 2 offset rows of 2 for 48 engagement points. There's also no way to make these hubs silent, they're loud no matter what you do to them.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 14:35 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
pinityoufairy wrote:

how loud the click is depends on how much grease you put inside the mechanism. you can thus adjust it between antisocially loud and silent.

buy one!
The Hope Pro 2 SS/trials has bigger springs/pawls etc and has 2 offset rows of 2 for 48 engagement points. There's also no way to make these hubs silent, they're loud no matter what you do to them.

ok sorry i was just trying to sound knowledgeable. i accept the fail

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 4:54 Quote
Just thought I'd add that one of my mates has Chris King's front and back. His rear hub isn't actually that loud! For some reason its pretty much silent at rolling speeds...

He told me that instead of the standard pawl system the Chris Kings use something else, and I think it has a clutch system or something??

Instead of clicking the Chris Kings tend to buzz/whirr when your wheel starts to spin fast. It sounds like an aeroplane or something at times! Pretty sick noise

Chris Kings are reliable, scream "big money" and sound sweet.. But I don't think they've got that superloud clicky noise you want! Go for a pro II trials if I were you Smile

Personally I don't like superclickly anyway, when riding street normal passers-by just think your bike is broke or something! Razz

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 8:09 Quote
Rhys49 wrote:
Ringle FTW
yea +1 i got a lawhill and there louudd

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 3:19 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
pinityoufairy wrote:

buy one!

I dont know about the internals of the 2 hubs, But one of my mates has a pro2 and its a hell of alot louder than my other mates SS Pro2.

+ I also know a guy who has made his pro2 silent... so it is possible

And BTW my vote would go to Profile MTB as they are Loud as hell (louder than Pro2s Ive heard) Come in awesome colours + are super rare!

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 3:21 Quote
2 of my mates have pro 2's and one has more engagements than the other and the one with more engagements is louder, but my sun ringle has more and is not as loud, but personally i think it sounds nicer due to the more clicks it makes Smile

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 3:25 Quote
Hmmm

Maybe its because the normal pro2 has been on his bike about half a year longer, I duno.

But for Loud I'd go Profile MTB, then probably Pro2

Just get what you can afford tbh, and dont buy something purely because of the noise.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 3:27 Quote
DJDude93 wrote:
Hmmm

Maybe its because the normal pro2 has been on his bike about half a year longer, I duno.

But for Loud I'd go Profile MTB, then probably Pro2

Just get what you can afford tbh, and dont buy something purely because of the noise.

isnt their different engagements of pro2's because my mates who rides them one has the qr one and the other has the through-axel version. The qr one is louder and i think they got them around the same time.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 3:29 Quote
Im sure all Pro2s have 24 Engagements, except the SS/Trials version, which has 48.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 3:35 Quote
DJDude93 wrote:
Im sure all Pro2s have 24 Engagements, except the SS/Trials version, which has 48.
ahh kk, its probs one has more grease on the pawls or something like that Smile

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 3:40 Quote
pinityoufairy wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
pinityoufairy wrote:

buy one!

ok sorry i was just trying to sound knowledgeable. i accept the fail

You can make them silent, my mate had to put alot of grease in them but it worked.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 3:47 Quote
"CLICK CLICK CLICK"
Louder is cooler in todays world.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 3:52 Quote
you can alwasy trick the hub. my mate did it on his deemaxes (wich are prety load allready) wat you do is take the free hub of and ad extra springs or something. he did something like that n it sounds sik now

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 3:54 Quote
if you stretch the pawl springs will it make a hub louder ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024316
Mobile Version of Website