Powered by Outside

Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 21:47 Quote
erik74 wrote:
xt-shreder wrote:
jason222bike wrote:

Why wouldn't you trust it? Bodo has done 12 + foot drops to flat with them.
then id trust it
haha, id trust em...for trials, otherwise, id be scared.
Why? Trails is really rough on parts. 12+ foot drop to flat, supposedly, and you would be scared to ride some DJs? I don't know about your dirt jumps or parks but typically you want everything to be smooth. I sure IF it can handle 12+ foot drops, it would be able to do the average decently built dirt jump line.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 21:48 Quote
light usually means weak, i just wouldnt feel comfortable on one that light, for trials it would be good, but for dj/street or even park, especially if your gonna jump it, i would just like somthing a bit more solid

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 21:48 Quote
bigquotesWhy? Trails is really rough on parts. 12+ foot drop to flat, supposedly, and you would be scared to ride some DJs? I don't know about your dirt jumps or parks but typically you want everything to be smooth. I sure IF it can handle 12+ foot drops, it would be able to do the average decently built dirt jump line.
Good points here.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 21:53 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
yeah, if its 900g it probably isnt a great dj and street fork
by the way, the rebate pakr made me make the same face as in my avatar

bigquoteshaha, id trust em...for trials, otherwise, id be scared.
Care to explain why?
theyre a trials fork. just like an XC fork, i trust it for except, but otherwise, id be scared. DH on an XC fork cant be very safe.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 21:54 Quote
erik74 wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
yeah, if its 900g it probably isnt a great dj and street fork
by the way, the rebate pakr made me make the same face as in my avatar

Care to explain why?
theyre a trials fork. just like an XC fork, i trust it for except, but otherwise, id be scared. DH on an XC fork cant be very safe.
So, you're comparing this fork to an XC fork, and comparing trials > DJ to XC> DH?

Anyone other than me disagree?

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
erik74 wrote:
jason222bike wrote:

Care to explain why?
So, you're comparing this fork to an XC fork, and comparing trials > DJ to XC> DH?

ok, lets forget this, and ill say this:

damn that thing must be strong, but i wouldnt trust my wrists

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 21:58 Quote
erik74 wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
erik74 wrote:

I disagree again! lol

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:05 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
erik74 wrote:
jason222bike wrote:

Care to explain why?

Hes saying that its a trials fork, so it should be used mainly for trials, and hes saying an xc fork should be used for xc not for dh cus it wouldnt be very safe

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:07 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
erik74 wrote:
jason222bike wrote:

I disagree again! lol
if your serious, i mean i know id get a stress fracture, i hopped an old rigid mtb once, and my writs were sore for the next couple days. it was high-ish then a drop to flats (1 1/2 feet). had to hop a curb to get to the bottom.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:12 Quote
erik74 wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
erik74 wrote:

I disagree again! lol
if your serious, i mean i know id get a stress fracture, i hopped an old rigid mtb once, and my writs were sore for the next couple days. it was high-ish then a drop to flats (1 1/2 feet). had to hop a curb to get to the bottom.
Sounds like you landed like a sack of shit then! Takes some getting used to, you'll have to learn to not rely on the suspension to correct your mistakes.

I'd never go back to suspension. I've owned 6 different forks. 3 were suspension, and 3 were rigid. I was far more abusive on the rigid forks, but havent broken one yet. I broke 2 of my suspension forks.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:14 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
erik74 wrote:
jason222bike wrote:

I disagree again! lol
Sounds like you landed like a sack of shit then! Takes some getting used to, you'll have to learn to not rely on the suspension to correct your mistakes.

I'd never go back to suspension. I've owned 6 different forks. 3 were suspension, and 3 were rigid. I was far more abusive on the rigid forks, but havent broken one yet. I broke 2 of my suspension forks.

how many wrists have you fractured practing? lol

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:15 Quote
daaneel wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
erik74 wrote:

how many wrists have you fractured practing? lol
ya, i ride suspension, so it was pretty bad

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:16 Quote
daaneel wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
erik74 wrote:

how many wrists have you fractured practicing? lol
Never. I've never even pulled my wrists.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:17 Quote
did you practice alot before u got rigid forks or do you have really strong wrists and how hard do you jump?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021507
Mobile Version of Website