Powered by Outside

140mm-160mm slopestyle/freeride frame.

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
140mm-160mm slopestyle/freeride frame.
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 14:31 Quote
Well it does so don't worry about it.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 14:32 Quote
The point in the trek comment was to stop the obvious soliciting that goes on from the banshee retards in these forums he told me that the faux bar was the best for Slopestyle and I simply said no and that the Floating suspension acts much better on slopestyle type hits than any faux bar ever would. I didn't mean for the kid asking to buy a Trek.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
samnation wrote:
The point in the trek comment was to stop the obvious soliciting that goes on from the banshee retards in these forums he told me that the faux bar was the best for Slopestyle and I simply said no and that the Floating suspension acts much better on slopestyle type hits than any faux bar ever would. I didn't mean for the kid asking to buy a Trek.

lol are you also refering to hamsteadheathbandit,funny when people slag of people and not actually know there background.

faux bar for slopestyle is all that is needed anything else is just a new suspension system hype i,e treks new abp.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
samnation wrote:

Please ride first both bikes then come back, because there is no point of arguing when you don't have any idea how banshee works. Secondly there is no need for using enormous suspension designs on slopestyle bikes and Banshee did more than enough when it comes to susp. quality, that's why I'd rather call Wildcard a freeride frame, if you want to ride slopestyle which is mostly Dirt Jumping get a Rampant with 4" of VF4P travel and weight of 7.2lbs... And why do you call other people 'banshee retards', chill out man...

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
marquis wrote:
samnation wrote:

lol are you also refering to hamsteadheathbandit,funny when people slag of people and not actually know there background.

faux bar for slopestyle is all that is needed anything else is just a new suspension system hype i,e treks new abp.

Between him and Kieth the Soliciting of banshee is out of hand if I went around telling everyone that they should buy a transition I'd be out. So how come they can do it.

To the other guy who tried to start slagging on me I have ridden both a floating suspension bike and a faux bar and the floater was twice as smooth.

As for the derogatory term I used I'm not sorry when keith is deliberately a jerk to me I'll be a jerk to him.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 15:04 Quote
grow up.
hampstead bandit is more heavily envolved in the mountainbiking scene than most of us could ever be and happens to work at esher shore freeborn selling banshee in the uk. Hes allowed an opinion, and its probably alot more valid than yours given his experience and background.
stop bitching over the internet seriously....

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 15:05 Quote
to Samnation: Pivot placement, you know that it makes a 'little difference'? And yes, I was suprised it does after changing my frame from Stinky to Wildcard; both faux bar frames, similiar design, even the shock was almost the same! How mad was I when I found out that WC is soooo plush and it actually works, Stinky had problems with that... You have ridden Kona faux bar right? Smile Smile Smile DON'T EVEN COMPARE.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 15:07 Quote
a1n2d3r4z5e6j7 wrote:
Pivot placement, you know that it makes a 'little difference'? And yes, I was suprised it does after changing my frame from Stinky to Wildcard; both faux bar frames, similiar design, even the shock was almost the same! How mad was I when I found out that WC is soooo plush and it actually works, Stinky had problems with that... You have ridden Kona faux bar right? Smile Smile Smile DON'T EVEN COMPARE.

I've ridden a kona and others. they all feel like single pivots as long as you guys keep trying to catch me I'll refute. And all I am saying is that this is not the place to sell bikes. I'm not bitching and I'm not whining.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
i agree with you about the sales related bias....but once you understand why it makes sense

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:
i agree with you about the sales related bias....but once you understand why it makes sense

I already knew he was the distributor but that doesn't give him the right to distribute on a website where its restricted.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 2:24 Quote
samnation wrote:
dabomb666 wrote:

I already knew he was the distributor but that doesn't give him the right to distribute on a website where its restricted.
lol, the Banshee hype is getting out of hand I agree, its nice that the owners/designers/riders of a company take the time to become part of the online mtb community, but it can't be escaped that it is an excellent way to hype your products up - which other company would be getting online reviews of their prototype products already? (Banshee Legend) its ridiculous, BUT, you fail to have noticed Trek are doing exactly the same thing, why hate one and not the other when they are both guilty of the same scam?

The FACT of the matter is, Trek do not currently make a slopestyle frame, so they should not be mentioned to prospective buyers!

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 2:30 Quote
samnation wrote:

As for the derogatory term I used I'm not sorry when keith is deliberately a jerk to me I'll be a jerk to him.

Wow, when was I ever jerk to you? I haven't even posted in this thread! I always try and keep to the facts and keep things very impersonal. Sorry if I ever typed anything that you found offensive for any reason.

However, going around calling people who you don't know 'retards', is a pretty stupid thing to come out with, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and those opinions will always vary. This is meant to be a mountain biking forum where a community can discuss things in a friendly manner, chill out.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 2:50 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
its nice that the owners/designers/riders of a company take the time to become part of the online mtb community, but it can't be escaped that it is an excellent way to hype your products up

Yup, its true. I do sometimes hype up my designs. I do try to just keep to the facts and try not to sounds like a sales person. Normally I will make it obvious that i work for banshee and will state that saying that I am obviously biased. But yeah, I'm sure I have hyped things up. I agree that I shouldn't have, sorry.

My main reason for visiting boards is just to answer questions about my designs, in a simple matter of fact way to try and help people out.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 3:23 Quote
builttoride wrote:
ctd07 wrote:
its nice that the owners/designers/riders of a company take the time to become part of the online mtb community, but it can't be escaped that it is an excellent way to hype your products up

Yup, its true. I do sometimes hype up my designs. I do try to just keep to the facts and try not to sounds like a sales person. Normally I will make it obvious that i work for banshee and will state that saying that I am obviously biased. But yeah, I'm sure I have hyped things up. I agree that I shouldn't have, sorry.

My main reason for visiting boards is just to answer questions about my designs, in a simple matter of fact way to try and help people out.
I don't see anyone from Trek apologizing here... props to banshee!tup

P.s. finally got to ride my new Wildcard for the first time on some singletrack dh trails yesterday (all the jump spots are flooded) - I've never ridden a bike that feels sooooo stable and allows you to nail corners exactly how you see the pros doin' it. There's gotta be something to the hype! You might wanna dial in the bottom out resistance on the dhx air shocks that come with the frame though, it did tend to sink through its travel way too easily before I sorted it out.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 3:23 Quote
so would my norco be good for it then?
maybe with a bigger fork or something.
e.g. pike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022360
Mobile Version of Website