Bighit Vs. Stinky Pro's and Con's

PB Forum :: Downhill
Bighit Vs. Stinky Pro's and Con's
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
downhillseeker wrote:
Yet again, you fail to comprehend waht I am saying....

Raleigh and Schwinn were good at what they did and still are. Making main stream bikes for little kids.

Research and find out who owns Schwinn and Raleigh. You'll be surprised.

If you go back a few years, they both made a few rather nice bikes. They were top end back in the day, as you were suggesting kona was, but they have since gone down hill. Yes, it may be a bit drastic compared to a downfall that Kona may have had (I know little to nothing of their old old bikes), but it is still a fair comparison.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to tell me who owns Schwinn and Raleigh.

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 7:55 Quote
In my opinion any bighit thats not 09 or 010 is not good. The frame is just ugly. I ride a 2009 specialized bighit fsr 3. And it is an amazing bike regardless of what anybody says. Dont talk if u havent even riden the bike. It is more a dh bike then a fr bike. you can definitely run a dual crown on it. I will be racing the same frame this year along with all of our team riders and we will have Boxxer WCs up front. The bikes ride really great and they are light!! My Demo was 36.8 last year and this bike should be at least 1.5 lbs lighter. Like I said the I9 wheels don't come with it but I have the DT 1750 white wheelset that has bladed spokes that will come on the bike. I just really like the 09 bighits they are bombproof. Do u ever hear of a bighit snapping???? So what if the geo isnt exactly dh. If ur not racing world cups or anything this bike is great. If you build it up as a freeride build it rides like an sx trail with more travel. So a 09 bighit is a great bike. Dont bother getting a demo if u dont need one. The bighit will be plenty, the 09 bighits are totally 100 percent different than any previous one.

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 9:48 Quote
04 Bighits are amazing for what they are. I dislike the newer ones although the very newest shape looks much nicer. I've owned an stinky and a stab and my 04 bighit rode better that both. Obviously its personal opinion and 04 bighits are a bit old now...

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 10:09 Quote
haydendmorrison wrote:
04 Bighits are amazing for what they are. I dislike the newer ones although the very newest shape looks much nicer. I've owned an stinky and a stab and my 04 bighit rode better that both. Obviously its personal opinion and 04 bighits are a bit old now...
yes thats true 04 is very old

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 12:31 Quote
i had an 07 bighit with a totem and a dhx 5 coil on the back and it was bombproof and rode smooth

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 12:31 Quote
then i bought an empire 5

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 18:48 Quote
1 the only reason someone sees more cracked stinkys is cause there is so many of them out there 2 for everyone who says stinkies dont ride as good because of weight its cause there main buyers r kids like kids and teens like me gettin into the sport so sacrifice wieght for durability 3 konas are made to get your moneys worth also i no alot of people whos first bike is or was a stinky 4 the reason there warranty is only 2 years is because there so durable they dont need a lifetime warranty 5 spesh is good but i think a $2000 stinky is the same as $2400 bighit but i do think spesh makes the better top of the line bikes like the demo is better than the stab but for $1000 more

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 2:12 Quote
KonaStinkyKid100 wrote:
4 the reason there warranty is only 2 years is because there so durable they dont need a lifetime warranty

Hahaha whatever mate. Just because the new Demo has a lifetime warranty doesn't mean it's weak. Kona have a 2 year warranty because it's a fairly reasonable amount of time for an average warranty. Spesh just has an outstanding one.

I have a suspision the Bighit will ride better but I'd buy the one with the best stock spec or you'll need/want to change stuff straight away.

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 2:30 Quote
stinky - lighter, under certain components, cheaper
bighit - i think better strength/more huckable

my over view - both bikes i think are highly underestimated, exspecially by people who havent tried one, and if u have tried one and absoloutley hate it, u prob tried the worse model ever created.

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 7:52 Quote
Nah, the stinky and stab I had weren't all that great and they had nothing stock on, everything upgraded. The stab felt nice and plush but I just got on better with my old bighit, although the new ones aren't really the same bike as the 04 one

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 11:03 Quote
ambrogino wrote:
stinky - lighter, under certain components, cheaper
bighit - i think better strength/more huckable

my over view - both bikes i think are highly underestimated, exspecially by people who havent tried one, and if u have tried one and absoloutley hate it, u prob tried the worse model ever created.

stinky deluxe: 41.3
bighit fsr III: 39.66

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 21:23 Quote
really ??? Eek

i was told continuously that the stinky was lighter, sorry guys

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 21:26 Quote
big hit is sex. so much better then a smelly

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 22:34 Quote
i rode a stinky for a long time and i never had one problem with it, i loved how it felt, i could huck the shit out of it, and it would never break or feel bad

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 23:00 Quote
ambrogino wrote:
really ???
i was told continuously that the stinky was lighter, sorry guys

And there's the problem with listening to most people on Pinkbike, they know nothing, they listen to other people that know nothing, and then regurgitate this combined nothingness as fact.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029789
Mobile Version of Website