Powered by Outside

Sea Otter Classic (DH)(DS)

PB Forum :: USA - West
Sea Otter Classic (DH)(DS)
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:
i do recomend having some grippy pedals, you wil need them badly. the section after the log step down is wwwaaayyyy bumpy and my feet came off and nutted it.

You just have to pick your lines better. I ran it on a Cowan DS last year and did fine on that section. This year I'll probably run it on my Fly rather than my 4X, but my dad will have the killer setup of a Foes FXR that'll weigh about 35lbs.

FL
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
o my bad. lolo when you guys were talking about the rings i never thought of the fact of the rings on the crank. haha. whatever. did the guy that one have a v-10 or something or did he have a 10 inch fork?

i was also just wondering if it is too late to sign up for the DH? is there a dealine?

FL
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
norcofreerider8 wrote:
i do recomend having some grippy pedals, you wil need them badly. the section after the log step down is wwwaaayyyy bumpy and my feet came off and nutted it.

You just have to pick your lines better. I ran it on a Cowan DS last year and did fine on that section. This year I'll probably run it on my Fly rather than my 4X, but my dad will have the killer setup of a Foes FXR that'll weigh about 35lbs.
does that section have loose rocks or no?

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
its just like sand with some grass and a ton i mean a ton of braking bumps.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:54 Quote
last years what incredibly muddy if u didn't go to it

FL
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
is it too late to sign up for the dh? what is the deadline?

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
ill be there sportin it for Canada in the 15-18 cat. weird why don't they just have U17 category for everyone instead of a JR sport/Beginner/Ex. why rank everyone separetly? we don't do that here in Canada in our races very often.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
taylorironhorse wrote:
is it too late to sign up for the dh? what is the deadline?

not to late. just the registration fee goes up. but i would do it soon cuase it fills up sumtimes

FL
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
Its my first year going down it should be fun. I'm bring both bike though my sunday and and the specialized endruo. and ill be racing expert 19-24 it should be fun.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 22:18 Quote
mp-rider wrote:
ill be there sportin it for Canada in the 15-18 cat. weird why don't they just have U17 category for everyone instead of a JR sport/Beginner/Ex. why rank everyone separetly? we don't do that here in Canada in our races very often.

that way you race and get placed against other people in your skill level.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
so then people around your skill level...... how bout age? because a 15 year old will have a tough time racing a whole bunch of 18 year olds. just saying that itd make sense to have a JR X, Junior begginer, Then U17 and U15 as categories. but thats just my oppinion.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
they split it up amongst age groups, but I think the jr ex is 15-18.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 16:33 Quote
you have to sign up in advance?

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
nolanremlinger1 wrote:
yup

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
mountnick wrote:
nolanremlinger1 wrote:
yup

how much in advance cuz im gonna go this year

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028862
Mobile Version of Website