Good way to build up my downhill skills

PB Forum :: Downhill
Good way to build up my downhill skills
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 9:48 Quote
flymore wrote:
a definition of scrubbing please... i know roughly what it is but cant tell the diff between squashing a jump and scrubbing/ difference in technique???

look at james stewart videos

most scrubs on a downhill bike are nothing like a scrub anyway.. but it sounds cooler then 'i totally squashed that jump' or 'see that whip!?'

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 9:50 Quote
Go and throw yourself down a savage track.

Then do it again.

Keep doing this until you can do it Dirty well.

And i mean SAVAGE.

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 11:18 Quote
scrubbing is pre-jumping a jump. it existed before james stewart. you dont need to table over it. That is a bubba scrub. that is what he "invented"

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
That's more what i thought it was Smile
Glad to clear that up makes sense now Razz

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
always look ahead, never stair at trees or you will hit them, buy a lap timer to time your runs and see if a new line is faster or not, if you get a bit of balance thibk death grip not braks as increacing your momentum will make you more stable! ride, ride, ride eat! ride, eat, eat, ride ride, gym, xc (for fitness and stamina) and then ride some more.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 12:08 Quote
DHaidanUK wrote:
always look ahead, never stair at trees or you will hit them, buy a lap timer to time your runs and see if a new line is faster or not, if you get a bit of balance thibk death grip not braks as increacing your momentum will make you more stable! ride, ride, ride eat! ride, eat, eat, ride ride, gym, xc (for fitness and stamina) and then ride some more.
for all you american riders replace gym with hamburger and xc with beer.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 12:09 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
DHaidanUK wrote:
yeh and it should be Tea and Flapjack for any true British rider!lol

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
that sounds good right about now

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 12:13 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
FlyingFish wrote:
DHaidanUK wrote:
yeh and it should be Tea and Flapjack for any true British rider!lol
f*ck yes!

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 12:26 Quote
Pfft you all missed the most vital ingredient.

SCONES Smile lol

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
rolto1822 wrote:

SCONES Smile lol
oooh, that there's a bit of a regional slant on the matter for sure!

I'm definitely in agreement though!

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
rolto1822 wrote:

SCONES Smile lol
oooh, that there's a bit of a regional slant on the matter for sure!

I'm definitely in agreement though!

lol Fair enough Razz I'm actually not a huge fan of scones myself. More of a coffee and biscuit kinda person Smile

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 15:14 Quote
when u wanna slow down through roots rocks and other obstacles dont!
the faster you go the more smooth it will be.

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 16:13 Quote
Don't get out of control, but get into the zone where you are going faster than you are comfortable with, but can still stop. Ride on steeper, more technical trails and learn to use the flow of the uneven terrain to your advantage.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.053032
Mobile Version of Website