Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

whats the farthest you can manual

PB Forum :: Beginners
whats the farthest you can manual
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:40 Quote
i cant do em for shit maybe 5 to ten ffet

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:40 Quote
yeah...manuals arn't all that tough...I once did a manual near 600 feet...divide that by the average parking lot space (9 feet according to buddy^) and you get 67 parking spaces. lol Sounds about right.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
a whole wal mart psrkinglot eh? i can do about 2 to 3 parking space

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:45 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
yeah...manuals arn't all that tough...I once did a manual near 600 feet...divide that by the average parking lot space (9 feet according to buddy^) and you get 67 parking spaces. lol Sounds about right.

It depends how you get into the manuel. Pulling it up the old fashioned way is more likely (for me at least) to destabalize easily although i still go prety darn far. But my favorite way to do it, (im not sure if this is cheating) but is to do half a pedal stroke, pulling the front wheel up like a wheelie and ride it in a manuel from there. I find thats its alot easier and i can do it going super fast and go for like ever.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:45 Quote
I can only manual like 90 feet on my new bike...bb height is too damn high.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
bigquotesIt depends how you get into the manuel. Pulling it up the old fashioned way is more likely (for me at least) to destabalize easily although i still go prety darn far. But my favorite way to do it, (im not sure if this is cheating) but is to do half a pedal stroke, pulling the front wheel up like a wheelie and ride it in a manuel from there. I find thats its alot easier and i can do it going super fast and go for like ever.
No such thing as cheating! lol

Sometimes if I'm slowing down too much I'll start pedaling while on the rear wheel.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
ONLY 90 feet ?!?!? thats pretty far to me.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
jason222bike wrote:

What bike is it? On my hitman, its fairly easy to do but the chainstays are crazy short and its mad easy to flip. On my dh bike, i couldn't do it at all(suspension compressed)

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
bigquotesIt depends how you get into the manuel. Pulling it up the old fashioned way is more likely (for me at least) to destabalize easily although i still go prety darn far. But my favorite way to do it, (im not sure if this is cheating) but is to do half a pedal stroke, pulling the front wheel up like a wheelie and ride it in a manuel from there. I find thats its alot easier and i can do it going super fast and go for like ever.
No such thing as cheating! lol

Sometimes if I'm slowing down too much I'll start pedaling while on the rear wheel.

Good. I had a whole bunch of people call me a cheater. Now i can show them I'm notWhip

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
Philly-bnb wrote:
I can manual as far as I can rollback and they haven't invented a measurement that can measure my rollbacks yet

i forgot they invented lightyears nvm

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 20:14 Quote
i dont think there is cheating, but i feel better if i get though a manual without brakes or pedals, cause then i know i did it so perfect it didnt need adjustments. I prolly got that attitude cause my friend is a stickler( *ahem* saskskier *cough cough*)

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
beaker1 wrote:
i dont think there is cheating, but i feel better if i get though a manual without brakes or pedals, cause then i know i did it so perfect it didnt need adjustments. I prolly got that attitude cause my friend is a stickler( *ahem* saskskier *cough cough*)

I have the same feeling sometimes but brakes are really important for learning and at high speeds. One of my mates used to pay me out for using my brake so much but now I can manual for ages without it.

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
bigquotesWhat bike is it?
DOB magnesium. I could manual my echo like a crazy man though.

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
bigquotesWhat bike is it?
DOB magnesium. I could manual my echo like a crazy man though.

Ahah, i didn't notice you rode trials man. Thats preety sicktup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022973
Mobile Version of Website