Trek Session 10

PB Forum :: Downhill
Trek Session 10
Posted: Feb 15, 2022 at 19:47 Quote
kuejku wrote:
Thanks a lot!

What sag are you running with the 450lbs spring?
I ordered a 350lbs spring, hopefully it will work... Normally I'd prefer to wait until the bike is all built up and then order a couple of different springs to test out, but it is going to take at least a few more weeks and in this market, I am not sure whether or not those will be available anymore - the 350 I got was the last one I could find in here... crazy.

When I bought the Session 10 back in ~2011 I remember I was able to get 35% sag with a 250 spring, but I was just a hair over 170lbs back then.

I have never measured the "sag" i Just dial things up to a position that gives me enough bounce that I deem appropriate for my weight at the time, did the same with the 350lb spring for my son..... he is happy enough with the rear end suspension at his weight...... not very technical... but it works......LOL..... what are you weighing in at with full DH gear on?

Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 5:03 Quote
also have a look on here https://www.facebook.com/groups/thevintagedownhillpage

lad on there helped me to locate a rear brake adapter to replace the broken one on my Sess 10...

Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 2:15 Quote
Davyg57 wrote:
I have never measured the "sag" i Just dial things up to a position that gives me enough bounce that I deem appropriate for my weight at the time, did the same with the 350lb spring for my son..... he is happy enough with the rear end suspension at his weight...... not very technical... but it works......LOL..... what are you weighing in at with full DH gear on?

Ahh, ok Big Grin
I prefer going the more technical route Smile I will give this 350lbs a try and see what happens, judging by the SAG I had on the 250lbs, the 350 should be ok (I want it around 30%). Unfortunately I have to find something within the EU, this CC Valt spring would be super expensive after import taxes and shipping. I paid less than 30 Euro for the Rock Shox 350lbs spring. It is super heavy (~700g) and barely fits the Revox... but it has to stay until I either find a used Ti spring or get an air shock.

Davyg57 wrote:

lad on there helped me to locate a rear brake adapter to replace the broken one on my Sess 10...

Thanks! Did you have the 'older' style brake adapter or the upgraded, burlier one? My Session 10 came with the upgraded one, not sure if they break as often as those older adapters...

Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 4:53 Quote
kuejku wrote:
Davyg57 wrote:

Ahh, ok Big Grin
I prefer going the more technical route Smile I will give this 350lbs a try and see what happens, judging by the SAG I had on the 250lbs, the 350 should be ok (I want it around 30%). Unfortunately I have to find something within the EU, this CC Valt spring would be super expensive after import taxes and shipping. I paid less than 30 Euro for the Rock Shox 350lbs spring. It is super heavy (~700g) and barely fits the Revox... but it has to stay until I either find a used Ti spring or get an air shock.

Davyg57 wrote:

Thanks! Did you have the 'older' style brake adapter or the upgraded, burlier one? My Session 10 came with the upgraded one, not sure if they break as often as those older adapters...

I managed to procure the updated burlier one.... should outlast my DH shenanigans.... am getting pretty long in the tooth for this lark nowadays.... still gonna be hitting Fort William this year with my youngest Lad...

Posted: Mar 29, 2022 at 3:04 Quote
Alright, so I started building it up. Still need some brakes and some minor stuff like a shift cable, but all other parts are ready. I'm posting a little teaser, can't wait to see how it rides with a 27.5 front wheel :-)
Trek Session 10 Manitou Revox Instrinsic shock Marzocchi 380 C2R2 Ti

Posted: Mar 29, 2022 at 3:43 Quote
looking the biz there bud...... Smile

kuejku wrote:
Alright, so I started building it up. Still need some brakes and some minor stuff like a shift cable, but all other parts are ready. I'm posting a little teaser, can't wait to see how it rides with a 27.5 front wheel :-)
Trek Session 10 Manitou Revox Instrinsic shock Marzocchi 380 C2R2 Ti

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 4:04 Quote
Davyg57 wrote:
looking the biz there bud...... Smile
Thanks! Smile

So I've finally built it up, photos below Smile
Comes out the 350lbs rear spring is perfect for me (190lbs all geared up) - I get 30% SAG with no preload and compression fully open.

Trek Session 10 - 27.5 26 mullet Marzocchi 380 C2R2Ti Manitou Revox shock

Trek Session 10 - 27.5 26 mullet Marzocchi 380 C2R2Ti Manitou Revox shock

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 14:35 Quote
You need to get that beast running fort bill DH track...lol

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 2:39 Quote
Davyg57 wrote:
You need to get that beast running fort bill DH track...lol

I'd love to, but unfortunately I live like... 1200 miles away Razz
But I have some proper DH tracks nearby anyway Smile Can see the mountains out of my balcony and the nearest lift accessed bike park is ~45mins away Smile

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 4:36 Quote
I have had my 2007 Trek Session 10 for 11 years now, and I could never get it to fit on to a Thule 591 Proride... so I had to purchase a Thule outride 561 , which meant I had to always change front adaptors for 9mm QR.-15MM OR 20MM front axles...and always had to remove the front wheel which was a right PITA at times...I purchased two 2nd hand Prorides yesterday and fitted them to the roof bars, but I decided "sod it" I am gonna alter things at the front securing plate to see if I can actually fit the Trek to the bloody thing.....well after about an hour of taking the rack off the car and sliding the front plate back and forth I hit upon a sweet spot..... and the Trek does indeed fit now and is solid...but I will still use a reusable zip tie just to be safe....no more buggering about with front wheels off and on.....happy days.... just need to get the DH rigs prepped for Fort Bill meetup next month....

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 18:47 Quote
The old Trek in action on Saturday July 2nd 2022 up at the Fort William Downhill World cup.....my lad had a really nasty off about 100m further on down the track after this pic was taken...he ended up at A+E when we arrived back home... ribs were pretty badly bruised and he had paper stitches to a gash in his arm.... he was lucky to walk away from the accident...

my lad riding the rock garden on the 2007 Trek Session 10 with 2001 Marzocchi Shiver DC forks
my lad riding the rock garden on the 2007 Trek Session 10, with 2001 Marzocchi Shiver DC forks

stopped to check on my lad after he had a nasty off on the DH track at The fort
stopped to check on my lad after he had a nasty off on the DH track at The fort

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 18:12 Quote
Hope he’s back up to speed and recovered soon!

Posted: Jul 9, 2022 at 8:18 Quote
cjm330 wrote:
Hope he’s back up to speed and recovered soon!

he was doing OK until he violently sneezed today.... then he felt his ribs separating.... OUCH....:-O

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020146
Mobile Version of Website