Ottawa area

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Ottawa area
Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 7:15 Quote
Welcome Erik, I've heard rumours that MSM is having insurance issues throuh Velo Quebec. Hopefully they get it sorted as it's a fun place to ride. Check out Capital MTB on youtube. He posts all his rides on Strava and it will be a great way to learn about the local spots. OMBA, Giant Orleans, and I think Expedition Wakefield all have weekly rides which is a great way to meet people. Not sure how Covid will impact that. What part of town are you in?

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 10:59 Quote
erik74 wrote:
Hey all, just moved to Ottawa in November, don’t know a soul here that rides. I’ve heard about OMBA and will have to check out their Facebook page but I figured I’d check out ol’ pinkbike forums in case there’s any excitement here. Definitely interested in meeting some people, as much as is reasonable to do, out on the trails this spring/summer.

New to the area as well! I'm hoping to get in on my first season at Fortune. I found Carlington pump track is also really great for meeting fellow riders once it thaws out. Came to Ottawa in the fall and had a lot of fun evenings sessioning and running train laps.

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 13:23 Quote
Venturebikes wrote:
erik74 wrote:
Hey all, just moved to Ottawa in November, don’t know a soul here that rides. I’ve heard about OMBA and will have to check out their Facebook page but I figured I’d check out ol’ pinkbike forums in case there’s any excitement here. Definitely interested in meeting some people, as much as is reasonable to do, out on the trails this spring/summer.

New to the area as well! I'm hoping to get in on my first season at Fortune. I found Carlington pump track is also really great for meeting fellow riders once it thaws out. Came to Ottawa in the fall and had a lot of fun evenings sessioning and running train laps.

i was in the same boat as you when i moved here a few years ago from north van.

you are gonna love fortune, skyline has an amazing dh trail network that I never get bored of and the community here is the friendliest ive encountered. you guys both have a great season ahead of you!

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 18:49 Quote
bishskate wrote:
Welcome Erik, I've heard rumours that MSM is having insurance issues throuh Velo Quebec. Hopefully they get it sorted as it's a fun place to ride. Check out Capital MTB on youtube. He posts all his rides on Strava and it will be a great way to learn about the local spots. OMBA, Giant Orleans, and I think Expedition Wakefield all have weekly rides which is a great way to meet people. Not sure how Covid will impact that. What part of town are you in?

Thanks! Good to know about MSM. And I’ll definitely check out Capital MTB. Weekly rides would also be fantastic, though as you say, I guess we’ll see if they can continue or not. I’m in Vanier - I think I’m driving to trails no matter what!

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
From Vanier, Gatineau and Fortune are the closest and probably most convenient.

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 4:40 Quote
Kudos to the builders of that DJ spot. I don't want to blow it up since I didn't build it, but there are 3 main jumps on one line and a bunch of rollers into a sharkfin, to a double on the other line. Both are fresh and super hard packed. Send me a PM if you're building anything else there, would love to help out, or just have a session. Cheers

Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 11:21 Quote
Hey all,

Just wondering the current word on Centrum trails - Saw some significant development for units going in there but wasn't sure if it affected them. Its pretty far for me so I haven't been able to check anything out yet in person. Hope all is well there

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 11:30 Quote
Haven't been there, but saw a few pictures my friend took. Most of the jumps are still intact (although need work from the winter), but they're like 10-20 feet from fresh clearcut, so their days seem numbered. I doubt anyone will put in the effort to rejuvenate them now.

Posted: Apr 11, 2022 at 19:13 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
I doubt anyone will put in the effort to rejuvenate them now.

yeah noone will dont go

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 11:54 Quote
Hi all!

I'll be visiting Ottawa 7/21-8/2 and would like to rent a decent/good mtb for several days. I've checked with phatmoose and fullcycle and MEC and neither rent bikes. Do you have any suggestions of shops to I could check with? I'll be staying in the Westboro area and aiming to hit Carlington pump track as well as some trails in the area. I'm not familiar with Ottawa hardly at all.....Open to tips!

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
vplow wrote:
Hi all!

I'll be visiting Ottawa 7/21-8/2 and would like to rent a decent/good mtb for several days. I've checked with phatmoose and fullcycle and MEC and neither rent bikes. Do you have any suggestions of shops to I could check with? I'll be staying in the Westboro area and aiming to hit Carlington pump track as well as some trails in the area. I'm not familiar with Ottawa hardly at all.....Open to tips!

Jeezus, I have absolutely no idea where to rent a nice mountain bike in Ottawa (!). I guess with the pandemic demand, everyone got out of renting?

I know theyardottawa.com rents bmx and dj bike, but I would assume it's only for their indoor bike course, and wouldn't be for Carlington. I've rented a fatbike before from www.cycosport.ca, but no idea what quality of mtb they might rent.

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 13:14 Quote
Camp fortune is apparently renting bikes and I would check with full cycle. I am in Chelsea and could lend out a 24 inch rigid steel bike. If you like tech and or steep I would check out camp fortune. Lifts are running wed,Thurs and weekend right now. Some good xc as well if you like tech

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 13:37 Quote
As others have said, The Yard and Camp Fortune are renting bikes. There's a place downtown (?) that has a fleet of Giant bikes they seem to be renting as well.

Nomades du Parc in Chelsea is also renting out bikes.

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 16:55 Quote
Thats funny about Fullcycle saying they don't rent. They opened up at Camp Fortune this summer and have a full rental fleet. Maybe you just can't keep it overnight or something.

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 17:09 Quote
crazy-canuck wrote:
Thats funny about Fullcycle saying they don't rent. They opened up at Camp Fortune this summer and have a full rental fleet. Maybe you just can't keep it overnight or something.

Thank you for the ideas everyone-- I really appreciate it and you've given me some ideas to persue.

You're right about Fullcycle; they DO rent, just not in Ottawa..only at Camp Fortune and you can't take those bikes off premises.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012605
Mobile Version of Website