Powered by Outside

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 14, 2022 at 17:13 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
I can't stand mountainbikers. I mostly ride by myself. I don't bring a mirror.
It's wild how true this is for me, but for both road and mountain riders. Something about two wheels just seems to draw a high douchebag ratio.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2022 at 17:23 Quote
d-man wrote:
Congrats Jake, feels good to know a somebody!

I'd like to know a somebody... If you introduce me to them I'll try to be cool

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 17:40 Quote
That is so cool Jake, great job !

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 19:55 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
the fame and fortune has already gone to my head Heelie... went downtown and bought a latte...

sipped at it with my pinky out just to feel extra fancy

thinking of going down to the 7-Eleven, getting a big gulp and some of those heat lamp potato wedges wearing a fur coat Pimp

did you go to the beanpod? that place is awesome. congrats on the well deserved photo spreads. now go clean up their dog poo and then take a shit on their car hood.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2022 at 20:10 Quote
beanpod is upper crust... might need to get me some little trees to freshalize the fur coat before they'll let me in

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 5:57 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
leverfingers wrote:
It's wild how true this is for me, but for both road and mountain riders. Something about two wheels just seems to draw a high douchebag ratio.

agreed.... I don't know who the exact f*ck some of these people think they are. Makes me want to find their parents and punch them in the face for raising such a f*ckwad....

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 6:06 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
On a brighter note... I got published in a killer local mag called the Fernie Fix with a piece on Creating Lifelong Passion for Riding Bikes... and a cool mag in Slovakia has just purchased one of my old Going Full Nomad chapters, so I guess I'm soon to be published in Europe Eek

dude...! Excellent piece Jake. Very cool mag too. Congrats my man...!! Salute

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 7:07 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Many pursuits are best conducted solo. The vast low IQ mindless shuffling mumbling herd destroy everything, eventually. They flock to the things their betters seek, without knowing why or for what meaning and purpose. Impersonators, imitators. Empty vessels, husks, meat sacks, shells of human beings. The lack of self awareness is the reason you see the behaviour described earlier. They know the what...park truck, suck energy drink, ride bike, ugg ugg, good....but not the why or the broader context.

/

Lined this up to watch:

O+
Posted: May 15, 2022 at 7:52 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
leverfingers wrote:

I am a cyclist.. So obviously I was never the redneck to roll coal on road bikers. But I just about did yesterday.

The road to my parents is 2 lane, but there is a 15ft paved turn lane on either side and then a dedicated 15ft wide bike path.. So it's easy to be 20ft+ off the side of the road on you own dedicated safe space while riding..

Coming up the hill towing my machine behind the dually.. At the top of the hill there are 2 triathlon nerds climbing their bikes in their clip on aero bars and pointy helmets.. Laying in their aero bars climbing at 4-5mph.

They are double wide on the road with at least 3ft between them.. This is with the empty bike path 20ft to their right.

I have cars oncoming and its around a curve, so I am not sticking myself and the machine into the oncoming lane. I stay in my lane and back off so that the truck is burning cleaner and not even hazing any smoke, but I am sure the straight pipe still was obnoxious. I am sure the dually and equipment trailer were within 3ft of them.

Of course they are pissed off and flip me off as I go by.. If my kids were not in the car, I would have stopped and had a discussion with them.

f*cking sausage suit wannabes. If you are going to play on the road, at least climb the hill at 10+mph like a real athlete and dont be pissed off when your acting like an asshat and someone calls you on your shit.

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 8:17 Quote
The road home from work is fairly narrow and twisty, we have a local group of "cyclists" that feel the need to take group/evening rides in the spring/summer ( now ) and for gods sake these asshats can't ride single file to save their lives and literally it will come down to that one day. I have had numerous encounters with them and on coming traffic, just lucky one of them has not become a hood ornament.

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
You all might like the “rules of the road” here.

Smaller yields to bigger.
Slower yields to faster.
Simples.
The end.

No vision zero.
Common sense.

Crosswalks exist to suggest where to cross. One must wait until the road is clear.
It’s initially an unnerving experience approaching a crosswalk at speed with random non vehicular things present lingering on the sidewalk.

There are bike lanes, marked, respected and used appropriately.

Do not slow! You will get rear ended! Mess with the order of things and you will get messed up. Annoying multimasked shuffling old gringos ramble across the road getting honked at because they think the crosswalk offers them virtue and protection.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2022 at 9:01 Quote
gnarbar wrote:

Common sense.

I got this far and knew it was not going to work here.

Common sense is an exceedingly rare trait right behind hard work..

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 9:04 Quote
Common sense is not so common anymore. Hard work now equals working hard to get out of work..

O+
Posted: May 15, 2022 at 9:27 Quote
gnarbar wrote:

Smaller yields to bigger.
Slower yields to faster.
Simples.
The end.

No vision zero.
Common sense.

Crosswalks exist to suggest where to cross. One must wait until the road is clear.
It’s initially an unnerving experience approaching a crosswalk at speed with random non vehicular things present lingering on the sidewalk.

There are bike lanes, marked, respected and used appropriately.

Do not slow! You will get rear ended! Mess with the order of things and you will get messed up. Annoying multimasked shuffling old gringos ramble across the road getting honked at because they think the crosswalk offers them virtue and protection.
This is the way it should be, I made the mistake of going downtown yesterday afternoon. f*cking tourist families wondering around and crossing the street at a snails pace. Then another group decides they are gonna cross just before the first family steps off the road. FFS, how about wait for 10 seconds so I can go through the intersection.
Nope, all about them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.045994
Mobile Version of Website