2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 1:54 Quote
Mine is about 16.5kg

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 5:48 Quote
makripper wrote:
jaame wrote:
They should make an alloy enduro.
I considered a alu spire before putting my name on Enduro. They medium spire gx is allegedly almost 37 lbs. I'd imagine the Enduro would be close to 40.

My S works with empty swat is 29.5lbs

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 7:01 Quote
FrostyMugKiller wrote:
makripper wrote:
jaame wrote:
I considered a alu spire before putting my name on Enduro. They medium spire gx is allegedly almost 37 lbs. I'd imagine the Enduro would be close to 40.

that's sick! Apparently the stock 2022 comp is 32 in s3. I'll swap for carbon rims and a couple other upgrades

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
FrostyMugKiller wrote:
makripper wrote:
jaame wrote:

Build spec?

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 4:06 Quote
That’s interesting about the headset shims. I need to look closely but I get a. Lot of noise from it and remedied with Teflon tape but I have to redo it every four to five rides. The tapered tension wedge thingy part of the headset assembly is chewed up however which makes me think it may not be receiving adequate tension

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 16:19 Quote
2021 S works frameset S3
Fox 38
Fox x2
Fox 150mm Transfer post
X01 axs full drivetrain
Shimano Saint Brakes
Roval traverse sl wheelset/ Michelin wild endure f/r
Deity Carbon bars
Deity copper head 50mm stem
Deity Tmac pedals.
Spec Power Saddle Ti
That is all I can remember off the top of my head

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 23:30 Quote
FrostyMugKiller wrote:
2021 S wokrs frameset
Fox 38
Fox x2
Fox 150mm Transfer post
X01 axs full drivetrain
Shimano Saint Brakes
Deity Carbon bars
Deity Tmac pedals.

Whoa… how is it so light?

My S5 with cushcore and DH casing tires is 37lbs. Minus ~3lbs for the above and it would still be 34lbs.

Zeb ultimate 180mm
Float DX2 (EXT Arma off to service)
Nobl TR41 w/ DT240s
X01 AXS
Eewings
Bike Yoke 213mm
Deity Speedway
Deity Copperhead
TRP DHR-EVO w/ 223mm rotors
Ergon enduro w/ titanium rails
Crank bros Mallet DH

Maybe pedals and brakes weighing it down, but probably not by 4.5lbs(?).

Or maybe the bathroom scale I weighed it on is way off in which case I’m actually 20lbs lighter LOL.

Let’s just say that’s the answer.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 23:36 Quote
1stevenml wrote:
That’s interesting about the headset shims. I need to look closely but I get a. Lot of noise from it and remedied with Teflon tape but I have to redo it every four to five rides. The tapered tension wedge thingy part of the headset assembly is chewed up however which makes me think it may not be receiving adequate tension

Battled 3 (THREE!) squeaky enduro headsets / head tubes so far. Teflon tape works but only for a little while.

For number 4 I went with the new CK dropset 5 headset and no noises. Dunno if it’s the headset or the head tube but worth a shot.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 23:38 Quote
jawa wrote:
DHhack wrote:
makripper wrote:
You guys are scaring me haha

My dealer told me to check the head tube every month or two. Small shop and they’ve seen one break this year.

I have a 2021 frame and my headtube broke too (crack in the carbon layup for the integrated headset bearing seat) Lead time on a warranty frame is around 3-4 months. Luckily I have another trail bike I can ride.

Same failure on my upper headset bearing seat.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 23:40 Quote
spendtimebehindbars wrote:
Scratch that... Pour one out for another 2020 frame Madder
photo
photo

spendtimebehindbars wrote:
Join the club. Mine loosens every 5 rides or so. Clean and regrease gets it back tight. Some have had success with the Chris King Dropset 5. One guy used plumbing tape. It has been discussed a few times in this thread... have a read through.

jorgebernardino wrote:
Hi! My Enduro Elite 2020 is playing on headset. Bearing not fitted exactly into frame. I didn't notice any cracks, but sent it to Specialized. The problem persists from the purchase. I am waiting the answer.

WTF specialized come ON

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 23:43 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
daaamn i have to say this bike is really sick. Use it for everything and its perfect to that. But now i wanna change back to an aluminium frame. Currently i dont have the bike because of a cracked headtube..... couldnt even sayy bye to the park seasonFrown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown

who has a broken frame too and how was the warranty?

5 months and had to fight specialized see my thread.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 23:49 Quote
jaame wrote:
Every time I go out on my Enduro I’m just blown away by how good it is.

This and then it cracks.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 4:19 Quote
I have a 2022 s-works enduro frameset on order. Hoping specialized corrected this headset issue. I guess time will tell.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 4:44 Quote
FrostyMugKiller wrote:
2021 S wokrs frameset
Fox 38
Fox x2
Fox 150mm Transfer post
X01 axs full drivetrain
Shimano Saint Brakes
Deity Carbon bars
Deity Tmac pedals.

Sorry, without photos, I don't buy it. I built up a Med. S-works for a friend. Lyrik ultimate, XTR drivetrain, Next R crank, I9 wheels with EXO tires, MT7s, WAO bar and stem and it weighed in at 31.7. here's an itemized list with the actual weight of the complete.
photo

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 10:17 Quote
I'm not one of those "weigh is irrelevant" guys but imo if you're trying to build a 30lb enduro by putting xc cranks and exo tires on it you're getting the wrong bike.

My S5 with a 38, coil, DD tires, and zero carbon besides the frame is ~36lbs. Not surprising as my S5 frame is barely lighter than my last alloy enduro bike frame. The bike is quite efficient so it hides the weight well

When I want to ride something light and zippy I take out my stumpy which is comfortably under 30lbs. If I could only have one to split the difference I'd be on a sentinel or evo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.959484
Mobile Version of Website