Powered by Outside

YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 10:57 Quote
wow i ran 40psi i felt like i was just been pinged off rocks and roots and i'm 82kg its mad how one persons setup is anothers nightmare .

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 12:16 Quote
dhstone wrote:
Or maybe it just was bad luck Attention some times shit happens

The wheel was already well hammered, it did well to last as long as it did.

noddy12 wrote:
wow i ran 40psi i felt like i was just been pinged off rocks and roots and i'm 82kg its mad how one persons setup is anothers nightmare .

I wish I could run lower pressures like all the light weight guys but I love my pizza too much. lol
Lower than 40 = dented rims. Cry

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 13:12 Quote
Does the 2014 Tues's have heli tape in the frame?

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 13:20 Quote
GuilhermeGouveia wrote:
Not sure, but looks like it have an integrated bash guard on the down tube!

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 13:43 Quote
GuilhermeGouveia wrote:

no it does not but id recommend some, first ride today and my knee pads have scratched the top tube from catching them when i pedalled!

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 13:52 Quote
damn Confused

think i'll buy a roll of heli tape and cover it all up.

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 13:57 Quote
GuilhermeGouveia wrote:
damn Confused

think i'll buy a roll of heli tape and cover it all up.

yeah im gonna get some for top tube and back left chainstay as my foot brushed it and left a black mark of the green detailing

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 13:59 Quote
[/Quote]

yeah im gonna get some for top tube and back left chainstay as my foot brushed it and left a black mark of the green detailing[/Quote]

If you are looking, these guys are great. They have cut one specifically for the frame and they can fit it for you as well if you need.

http://www.invisiframe.co.uk/YT-INDUSTRIES/TUES

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 14:00 Quote
I heli taped my Wicked from new and it's still looking great 18 months later, worth the hassle I reckon

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 23:44 Quote
noddy12 wrote:

So set your suspension up to compensate for you tyres. You have three suspensions, body, tyres, shock/fork they should all transition smoothly into each other.

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 0:54 Quote
I run my tires tubeless at approx 25-30 psi. i just make sure ym suspension is tuned in nicely and stay loose on the bike.

but then sometimes you cant help it and your going to smash one in, all depends massively on your technique. all personal preferences at the end of the day and i choose to run mine lower to aid in traction and rolling speed.

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 3:23 Quote
sq225917 wrote:
noddy12 wrote:

So set your suspension up to compensate for you tyres. You have three suspensions, body, tyres, shock/fork they should all transition smoothly into each other.

He's got a point! I run 40psi in my tyres but suspension relatively soft but very progressive.
Works for me but everyone's different

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 3:32 Quote
LTD Tues has arrived.

First impressions of the build quality is good, certainly no worse than I've had from the big brands. Although the HT badge is a little off centre.

My HSR adjuster on the fork was jammed tight though. After a quick disassembly and some work with a socket, I have it freed up and fixed now.

I've only had time to sit on it and have a quick bounce, so no ride impressions yet but the size large frame certainly doesn't feel massive for me at 5'10".

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 3:59 Quote
jimferno wrote:
LTD Tues has arrived.

First impressions of the build quality is good, certainly no worse than I've had from the big brands. Although the HT badge is a little off centre.

My HSR adjuster on the fork was jammed tight though. After a quick disassembly and some work with a socket, I have it freed up and fixed now.

I've only had time to sit on it and have a quick bounce, so no ride impressions yet but the size large frame certainly doesn't feel massive for me at 5'10".

Im 5'11" and went for the medium? feels brilliant though, i like a flickable bike, and as our height is the on the border of medium to large, i chose smaller.

I feel the paint work will scratch relatively easy so ive got an invisiframe set in matte. Rode mine last sunday and was awesome, straight out the box. going to fiddle with the sus this weekend, hopefully no problems with it like you had. They did forget to send me my pedals with the bike though, no questions asked and 3 days later they turned up! Excellent customer service!

Bikes beautiful though aint she!?

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 4:11 Quote
I don't think pictures really do the bike justice, I have it stood next to my Demo at the moment and the YT puts it to shame. It's a very nice looking bike. Little touches like the internal cable routing on the seat stay would fool you into thinking this was a premium priced frame.

It's a shame regarding the matte paint, it really could've done with a clear coat over the top for protection & for that reason alone I'm probably going to order an InvisiFrame kit for it.

I could easily have made do with the medium frame at my height but I wanted a longer/bigger bike than my medium Demo.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015291
Mobile Version of Website