YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 8:00 Quote
squr3l wrote:
I run 28-32psi tubeless on Continental Kaiser 2.5s and have no problems whatsoever. When I go up to even 35psi I feel like a lose considerable traction on loose terrain and the ride quality gets rougher.

And here's a little pic of my 2013 Pro. Just got my fork rebuilt, replaced the scratched stanchion, etc. Feels great.

photo
Those tires look great, I am planing to get a set of those for morzine, how do you feel on them for downhill / freeride ?

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 10:15 Quote
jimferno wrote:
This thread needs more pics;

YT Tues LTD
Get some more pictures up, great looking bike

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 10:22 Quote
dhstone wrote:
squr3l wrote:
I run 28-32psi tubeless on Continental Kaiser 2.5s and have no problems whatsoever. When I go up to even 35psi I feel like a lose considerable traction on loose terrain and the ride quality gets rougher.

And here's a little pic of my 2013 Pro. Just got my fork rebuilt, replaced the scratched stanchion, etc. Feels great.

photo
Those tires look great, I am planing to get a set of those for morzine, how do you feel on them for downhill / freeride ?

I love them. They wear slower than Maxxis Minions but perform just as well or better. And just realized they're actually 2.4s but they're the same size as most 2.5s.

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 10:41 Quote
squr3l wrote:
dhstone wrote:
squr3l wrote:

photo

I love them. They wear slower than Maxxis Minions but perform just as well or better. And just realized they're actually 2.4s but they're the same size as most 2.5s.
I used to love maxxis tires, but since I tried the rubber queen in black chilly compound I really can't see me going back to maxxis again, but only on the black chilly compound because once I had tried the normal compound and they were rubbish, infact I was surprized how different the two compound's are

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 13:02 Quote
tvrtuscons wrote:
radatabs wrote:
Uk boys don't buy heli tape go to b and q and get a roll of heavy duty outdoor tape, enough for 2-3 bikes £6 a roll. We use it in the shop all the time

Nice find!
Is it this stuff... http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/decorating-supplies/painting-decorating-tools/tape/-specificproducttype-adhesive_tape/B-and-Q-Heavy-Duty-All-Weather-Clear-Repair-Tape-BQ49-Clear-W-50mm-x-L-10m-9254491
How thick is it and does stick the the frame well?

Exactly the stuff mate, its about 1mm thick and on my last frame which was fairly rounded it stuck for 14months, the new frames its been stuck for like 7months but I'm going to re apply it now but £2.50 every 6 months ain't bad and it stops most of the scratches

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 3:26 Quote
radatabs wrote:
tvrtuscons wrote:
radatabs wrote:
Uk boys don't buy heli tape go to b and q and get a roll of heavy duty outdoor tape, enough for 2-3 bikes £6 a roll. We use it in the shop all the time

Nice find!
Is it this stuff... http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/decorating-supplies/painting-decorating-tools/tape/-specificproducttype-adhesive_tape/B-and-Q-Heavy-Duty-All-Weather-Clear-Repair-Tape-BQ49-Clear-W-50mm-x-L-10m-9254491

Exactly the stuff mate, its about 1mm thick and on my last frame which was fairly rounded it stuck for 14months, the new frames its been stuck for like 7months but I'm going to re apply it now but £2.50 every 6 months ain't bad and it stops most of the scratches

Went into B&Q yesterday to look for it... Found it and it's crap, proper thin, wouldn't be much different to using cellotape! Also not wide enough, you'd have to uses several pieces to cover the downtube on a Tues.

Ordered an InvisiFrame kit instead.

Also, for anyone with a LTD Tues with the Marz Moto shock, what spring came installed and how do you feel on it?
I expected to get a 400-450lb spring on mine but it came with a 250!

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 3:56 Quote
jimferno wrote:
radatabs wrote:
tvrtuscons wrote:

Nice find!

Went into B&Q yesterday to look for it... Found it and it's crap, proper thin, wouldn't be much different to using cellotape! Also not wide enough, you'd have to uses several pieces to cover the downtube on a Tues.

Also, for anyone with a LTD Tues with the Marz Moto shock, what spring came installed and how do you feel on it?

I also ordered an InvisiFrame. Did you got for Matt or gloss? Most other solutions I've tried are too thin IMO as well.

How heavy are you? I put down 70kg wonder what I'll get. (Picking up bike from UK next week)

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 4:19 Quote
I'm 100kg... The fork came with appropriate spring, the hardest available, but the shock with a 250 has really thrown me off.

I'll be honest though, I've sat on the bike and had a bounce and it doesn't feel overly soft, need to measure up the sag.

I went for the matte finish to match the paint on the LTD.

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 4:23 Quote
jimferno wrote:
radatabs wrote:
tvrtuscons wrote:

Nice find!

Like I said I don't ride a tues and you have to use a few pieces however it does work well, proof is in the pudding and over 500 bikes and no ones complained

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 4:31 Quote
jimferno wrote:
I'm 100kg... The fork came with appropriate spring, the hardest available, but the shock with a 250 has really thrown me off.

I'll be honest though, I've sat on the bike and had a bounce and it doesn't feel overly soft, need to measure up the sag.

I went for the matte finish to match the paint on the LTD.

I noticed that too. On my current bike I have a Vivid R2C with 300lbs spring but on the Tues it comes with a 225lbs. Maybe because of the hydraulics of the shock it may not need a so higher spring rate ?

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 5:20 Quote
I know I should require a softer spring than my Demo because of the longer shock/lower leverage ratio on the Tues but a 250lb spring should still be incredibly soft for me.

I'll measure up the sag tonight and see just exactly what I'm getting...

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 9:44 Quote
Just shy of 12 months old and it's still an awesome bike

photo

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 23:37 Quote
liam8 wrote:
Just shy of 12 months old and it's still an awesome bike

photo
What size is that frame?

Posted: Apr 13, 2014 at 1:22 Quote
Yesterday I tried the new set up with the new wide range cassette 11t,40t in the back and the 32t narrow wide ring in front, and it works amazingly, I'm so happy with it, I think it's one of my best investments ever on a bike Big Grin

Posted: Apr 13, 2014 at 5:29 Quote
So yesterday, on its 3rd ride from new my Large 2013 Wicked 650B failed.

Upon compression on a smooth landing the rear derailleur went through the rear wheel taking out a few spokes on its way and wrapped itself round the chainstay.

Damage report:

- Derailleur destroyed
- Rear hanger sheared in half
- Damaged gear cable
- Twisted chain
- 2 damaged spokes
- Damaged hub possibly from where spokes pulled through.
- Rim seems to be ok
- Deeply scratched chainstay

Personaly I think this shouldn't have happened, especially since it was it's 3rd ride on a pretty tame trail. What do you think my chances are of getting this warranted?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017043
Mobile Version of Website