San Luis Obispo Riders

PB Forum :: USA - West
San Luis Obispo Riders
Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 17:15 Quote
JMslo wrote:
There isn't a huge shuttle "culture" just because there isn't a lot of shuttling spots. You can shuttle the grade but that really limits you to a few trails. Most people ride trail bikes and get rowdy on them. Or they have a DH bike for the few true DH trails. Where have you been hiking/scoping?

I've done the few major hikes in and around town. Madonna, Bishop etc.

But the terrain has so much potential around the area that it seems crazy not to have a ton of amazing trails. Which I'm sure more than one person has ID'd decades before my arrival, haha...and certainly developed.

This winter's going to be a bit tight for me on schedule, so it'll likely be spring time before I invest in a (new) bike. Should give me some time to get to know some of the local scene.

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 20:48 Quote
The terrain is awesome and the potential is huge but unfortunately you can't just build a trail wherever you want. Doesn't work like that.

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 20:56 Quote
JMslo wrote:
The terrain is awesome and the potential is huge but unfortunately you can't just build a trail wherever you want. Doesn't work like that.

Well I mean you could technically build wherever you want, but it's just a matter of time until you get caught or get in troubleWink Doesn't mean you should do it though, in my hometown I have seen much a lot of progress made towards great legal trails by a few guys that feel like riding a hiking trail or doing their own thing on private land

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 at 15:45 Quote
JMslo wrote:

I think I've picked up on that fact Wink

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 19:14 Quote
A futile attempt to resurrect this thread. Disappointed about the loss of the Costco Jumps and partial closure of PolyCyn. Ride smart out there and be respectful of other trail users.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
krisrayner wrote:
A futile attempt to resurrect this thread. Disappointed about the loss of the Costco Jumps and partial closure of PolyCyn. Ride smart out there and be respectful of other trail users.

Wait what happened to Costco jumps?

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 20:47 Quote
SpartanSoulja wrote:
krisrayner wrote:

Bulldozed

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 19:08 Quote
JMslo wrote:
SpartanSoulja wrote:
krisrayner wrote:

Bulldozed

The city does seem pretty receptive to the idea of a city sanctioned bike park in the Laguna Park area!

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 18:16 Quote
Planning a surf/bike trip in February and wonder what are the must ride trails in san Luis Obispo area. Coming by myself and I'm respectful of the trails and other users. Thanks

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
Planning a surf/bike trip in February and wonder what are the must ride trails in san Luis Obispo area. Coming by myself and I'm respectful of the trails and other users. Thanks

Check out rock garden at Madonna and morning glory on west cuesta ridge. Easy to find trails and gives you a taste of some of the "flowy", rock trails SLO has

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
bikrboij wrote:
ybsurf wrote:

Check out rock garden at Madonna and morning glory on west cuesta ridge. Easy to find trails and gives you a taste of some of the "flowy", rock trails SLO has
Great thanks for the info.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 18:37 Quote
ybsurf wrote:

If there’s been recent rain the city trails will be closed or too muddy. Montana de Oro state park in Los Osos is good most anytime it’s been wet (part of East Boundary the only exception)

Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 1:58 Quote
ybsurf wrote:

Also, The Pismo Preserve in Pismo Beach offers some great views and is actually "flowy"

Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 13:21 Quote
SLO people--are you still here?
it's raining.
i dipped off the paved bike path to discover why trails are closed here when it rains...gravel bike went six feet before i was grabbed by peanut butter. I get it.
where can I ride this week? just the montana de oro trails?

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 13:48 Quote
East Cuesta fire road is an option. Stay off the west side though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018527
Mobile Version of Website