Are Superstar Components good?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Are Superstar Components good?
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 6:48 Quote
shreddingberms wrote:
Okay Marquis would you rather the axle snapped or the pedal body bent?
Thats what, 7 quid versus 43 quid?
Hmm I know what i would want

You ride an mtb so stuff is going to break,sure as shit i would rather the body go than the axle.

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 6:56 Quote
If you're have no experience in using superstar parts, dont comment (this should go for everyone). This thread is just like the mafia group with the hate for the parts oh and that thread got shut down. Is it going to happen this one too ?

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 6:57 Quote
marquis wrote:
SwintOrSlude wrote:
I love my Nanos, but read this for a mag lite with Ti axle:

http://all-mountain-next.blogspot.com/2010/07/review-superstar-components-mag-lite.html

Okay, this is a mag lite, not a nano, but the 2 axles seem to be pretty much the same as far as I can see on the superstar website (pedal spares section)

Mag axles: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/popup_image.php?pID=254

Nano axles: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/popup_image.php?pID=255

Just saying it is not impossible Wink

Thought you were on his side ?

and the axle had a.....

The Bad:
-Axle had a catastrophic failure
I'm not on any side, I'm just happy to buy good components cheaper, don't care about the brand though.

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 7:59 Quote
I have bought alot of stuff off Superstar over the past two years. I love everything i have gotten off them so far which included 2 wheelsets, 2 sets of Nano Techs, 3 headsets, 10mm axle, seatpost clamp and both ther chain devices, XC and DH and around 15 sets of brake pads and i still have not had one problem with any of their products(apart from the Kevlar pads which i found took ages to bed in). I have ridden their DH wheelset with Trizoid 150/12 hub all this year and it is still running absolutely true with NO adjustment all year. I have saved hundreds of euro by buying off them and will continue to buy from them again and again.
Marquis, what is your problem with a company that puts out products that are cheaper than all other companies, have products that work brilliantly and are made with high quality materials and processes.Why should i bother to pay €140 for a e13 LG1 when i have a €60 Plasma that has not dropped a chain in over a year? Ill admit, if i was loaded and could afford it id have top of the line, hand made parts on all my bikes like paying €40 for a chromag seatclamp, but as i live in the real world, like many other people. untill then though ill just spend €15 on a clamp that does the same thing and weights HALF as much.
And if your going to cling onto your snapped axle story for the rest of your argument please just stop, out of the thousands of pedals sold a few broke, boo hoo. I see your running a set of 66 Marzo bombers even though thousands of their forks have broken in the past few years, mine included, and yet your not dissing them and refusing to buy them?

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 9:01 Quote
Daire wrote:
I have bought alot of stuff off Superstar over the past two years. I love everything i have gotten off them so far which included 2 wheelsets, 2 sets of Nano Techs, 3 headsets, 10mm axle, seatpost clamp and both ther chain devices, XC and DH and around 15 sets of brake pads and i still have not had one problem with any of their products(apart from the Kevlar pads which i found took ages to bed in). I have ridden their DH wheelset with Trizoid 150/12 hub all this year and it is still running absolutely true with NO adjustment all year. I have saved hundreds of euro by buying off them and will continue to buy from them again and again.
Marquis, what is your problem with a company that puts out products that are cheaper than all other companies, have products that work brilliantly and are made with high quality materials and processes.Why should i bother to pay €140 for a e13 LG1 when i have a €60 Plasma that has not dropped a chain in over a year? Ill admit, if i was loaded and could afford it id have top of the line, hand made parts on all my bikes like paying €40 for a chromag seatclamp, but as i live in the real world, like many other people. untill then though ill just spend €15 on a clamp that does the same thing and weights HALF as much.
And if your going to cling onto your snapped axle story for the rest of your argument please just stop, out of the thousands of pedals sold a few broke, boo hoo. I see your running a set of 66 Marzo bombers even though thousands of their forks have broken in the past few years, mine included, and yet your not dissing them and refusing to buy them?

+1 I totally agree

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 9:09 Quote
SwintOrSlude wrote:
I love my Nanos, but read this for a mag lite with Ti axle:

http://all-mountain-next.blogspot.com/2010/07/review-superstar-components-mag-lite.html

Okay, this is a mag lite, not a nano, but the 2 axles seem to be pretty much the same as far as I can see on the superstar website (pedal spares section)

Mag axles: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/popup_image.php?pID=254

Nano axles: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/popup_image.php?pID=255

Just saying it is not impossible Wink

Look closer, those spindles are different.

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 9:12 Quote
superstar are fantastic, marquis stop trolling and get out

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 9:17 Quote
shreddingberms wrote:
Why?

So you do a drop/jump and the axle snaps it ain't gonna be pretty,pedal body will only smash if you hit a rock hard enough.

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 10:12 Quote
marquis wrote:
shreddingberms wrote:
Why?

So you do a drop/jump and the axle snaps it ain't gonna be pretty,pedal body will only smash if you hit a rock hard enough.

Hello so far we have had 3 ti axle issues on the lightweight mag pedal only, to put this in perspective we have sent out 800+ sets of ti axles. Ill have to dig out the specifics on that case but it looks like a materials fault. Unfortunately short of X-raying every part it is just an unfortunate problem which rarely happens and we would jump on if it happend more than once. We no doubt resolved that issue by replacing the axles/pedals or offering a full refund if they prefered.

Ti axles are a weight weenie option and i wouldnt reccomend doing drops or hucking on them!

As for steel snapping we currently have a 100% record of no issues on both nano and mag. Balance that up with 10,000+ pedals sold.

Any questions please fire them over, Neil

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 10:18 Quote
I dont see anyone slating superstar apart from someone who hasnt used them lol kinda answers itself really.

P.s check my sexy superstar wheels in my pic :-D

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 11:08 Quote
marquis wrote:
rokor wrote:
Greenwood102 wrote:
I dunno but they look insane! But really i'd look at some straitline pedals you can get them for the same price. Theyre alot better.

You just said you don't know anything about them, and then went to the conclusion that straitline is better? Umhm...

Superstar are quite new,i always go to what i know rather than be a guinea pig for an up and coming new company.

My first post was way back in may 2010,since then i have seen numerous complaints,maybe people just need to stop the brand whoring.

Then again they are cheap mediocre parts and people will eventually learn,so i'm done it's your money waste it how you will.

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 11:31 Quote
Marquis please go try superstar before you bash it..

Neil love your products and prices, keep up the good work!

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 11:32 Quote
Jesus Christ your a stubborn old thing ain't yeah. Must be great to never admit your never any bit wrong about anything. Merry Christmas dude.

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 11:47 Quote
Ive just been convinced to buy a superstar wheelset.

Come at me marquis!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040577
Mobile Version of Website