RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.

PB Forum :: Downhill
RATE MY RIDE DH - Rate the bike posted above you.
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:32 Quote
Nice bike Rokan. Them Sessions are slowly growing on me. I'll give you an 8.

Side note. How are you liking the DHR2 up front?

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:33 Quote
Rokan14 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Gets an 8 for me. Find it visually appealing. Loses a couple points for Zee mech and x0 cranks (Without a DM ring), and no guide (I know its a preference thing)

Try replacing a Saint mech every couple rides. It gets expensive. There isn't a big enough gap difference in performance for me to justify it. X01 cranks are my thing. Would it help if i told you i had a ceramic BB? As to my whole chain guide situation, after taking that photo, i almost instantly put a MRP G3 guide on.
1. I replace my SAINt 2 times a year...
2. I'm okay with x0 cranks, I'll whine and moan about them what bothers me is NO DIRECT MOUNT RING.
3. Good.

To me a 10/10 needs to be WC specced.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:35 Quote
robd420 wrote:

It's grippy. Very grippy infact. That said, it deteriorates very quickly. Not so much of a problem on the front, but the rear gets trashed. I also like a tire that has zero roll on it, and so far i haven't experienced any. Mind you, i do run 30 psi in my Minions though.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:42 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Rokan14 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Gets an 8 for me. Find it visually appealing. Loses a couple points for Zee mech and x0 cranks (Without a DM ring), and no guide (I know its a preference thing)

Try replacing a Saint mech every couple rides. It gets expensive. There isn't a big enough gap difference in performance for me to justify it. X01 cranks are my thing. Would it help if i told you i had a ceramic BB? As to my whole chain guide situation, after taking that photo, i almost instantly put a MRP G3 guide on.
1. I replace my SAINt 2 times a year...
2. I'm okay with x0 cranks, I'll whine and moan about them what bothers me is NO DIRECT MOUNT RING.
3. Good.

To me a 10/10 needs to be WC specced.

1. Lucky you.
2. I would, but i'd rather spend the money on my next Session.
3. Exactly my thoughts.

My bike rides better than most WC specced bikes. Just sayin'.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:43 Quote
Again You are out a DM ring and a rear mech for a 10 for me.. I'l seriously send you a ring if I have to.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:44 Quote
Rokan14 wrote:
@redrider522

I passionately dislike boxxer's. They perform like a load of dog shit unless modified, and they are way too thin for my liking. That said, i could see how you might think a black fork could look good on it. To that i'd have to say, the black chrome finish on the RV1 alongside the bronze ish sanctions look amazing in person. Pictures can't do it justice.

how does that fork ride? do you plan on putting on another one on your next session?

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:44 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Again You are out a DM ring and a rear mech for a 10 for me.. I'l seriously send you a ring if I have to.

Please, be my guest. I'll send you a polishing kit if i have to.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:48 Quote
redrider522 wrote:
Rokan14 wrote:
@redrider522

I passionately dislike boxxer's. They perform like a load of dog shit unless modified, and they are way too thin for my liking. That said, i could see how you might think a black fork could look good on it. To that i'd have to say, the black chrome finish on the RV1 alongside the bronze ish sanctions look amazing in person. Pictures can't do it justice.

how does that fork ride? do you plan on putting on another one on your next session?

Mine's custom, so obviously much better than what you can buy off the shelf. That said, i'll most likely be getting a blacked out BOS for my next build. Only becuase it'll match my next paint job more appropriately. The RV1 is a great all round fork. I'd choose it over RS and any Fox 40 thats 2015 and older.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:49 Quote
I'd send you one if you revoke your polished comments... I've polished soo much aluminum on my project car I really dont want to do so ever again.

Rokan14 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Please, be my guest. I'll send you a polishing kit if i have to.

Razz Agreed

Rokan14 wrote:
robd420 wrote:

It's grippy. Very grippy infact. That said, it deteriorates very quickly. Not so much of a problem on the front, but the rear gets trashed. I also like a tire that has zero roll on it, and so far i haven't experienced any. Mind you, i do run 30 psi in my Minions though.

Thanks for your input bud.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:50 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
I'd send you one if you revoke your polished comments... I've polished soo much aluminum on my project car I really dont want to do so ever again.

You send me one, i'll buy you a dremel polish kit.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:50 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
I can't imagine how long it would take to polish that stuff. It's hard enough just to get it rawed correctly, let alone polished correctly. I will never ever raw another bike. lol

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:55 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
I can't imagine how long it would take to polish that stuff. It's hard enough just to get it rawed correctly, let alone polished correctly. I will never ever raw another bike. lol

Only becuase you used some spray on tan, paint remover... You get the industrial stuff, and that thing will come off no problem. No mess, no scrapping.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:56 Quote
Rokan14 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

You send me one, i'll buy you a dremel polish kit.
Already have one

photo
photo
photo

NO MORE.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019892
Mobile Version of Website