thru axels

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 0:10 Quote
^^ thanks for explaning for me Smile

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 0:55 Quote
ya qr suck its like a wet nooddle Thumbs Down

20 mm is much better for agresive moves, if you just ride xc qr will be fine

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 1:32 Quote
QR is alright for the rear, upfront you definitely want to go 20mm, if not solid axle 9mm..

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 2:09 Quote
fortyninepercent wrote:
QR is alright for the rear, upfront you definitely want to go 20mm, if not solid axle 9mm..

I love my 20mm axle, however i have a QR on my rear, and I love that too. YET to see any forms of problems with it and ive had it for 2 years. How is force put on the axle though ? It would have to be really brittle to snap woudlnt it, considering its your hub which sits in the drop outs and the QR clamps from either side.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 2:54 Quote
I think a strong hub can help with it, I've never heard of breaking quick releases, only bending the hell out of them. I run a 440 in the rear and it seems to be doing just as good as my solid axle was. Taking it off/making adjustments on the fly is much easier as well. Running a solid quick release also helps, I prefer the steel shimanos versus a lot of flimsy aluminum models.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 4:52 Quote
I'd run a bolted rear axle just for the re-assurance.

20mm front is pretty much a must!

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 7:20 Quote
my rear qr used to be so lose and my wheel would pop out every once a while. Then i switched to a solid axle and everything is better 10X

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
foxytoe wrote:
my rear qr used to be so lose and my wheel would pop out every once a while. Then i switched to a solid axle and everything is better 10X
That's because either a) you didn't tighten it, or b) you bought the wrong size qr axle/hub

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 13:27 Quote
A) you are wrong
b) it's a stock hub

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 14:47 Quote
Probably a poor quality skewer. Obviously a nutted 10mm will be more idiot proof.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
foxytoe wrote:
A) you are wrong
b) it's a stock hub

a) no he isnt
b) Then it wasnt the QR axle... it was most likely the low quality hub

QR is really reliable unless you have low quality components. It works perfectly!

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 18:00 Quote
jallan wrote:
foxytoe wrote:
A) you are wrong
b) it's a stock hub

a) no he isnt

QR is really reliable unless you have low quality components. It works perfectly!
thank you. i've never had a wheel fall off, nor have i heard of that happening due to the quick release

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
jallan wrote:
foxytoe wrote:
A) you are wrong
b) it's a stock hub

a) no he isnt

thank you. i've never had a wheel fall off, nor have i heard of that happening due to the quick release

Chill Big Grin

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 21:45 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
jallan wrote:
foxytoe wrote:
A) you are wrong
b) it's a stock hub

a) no he isnt

Haha I was mountain biking with a friend and his quick release was loose, so when he took one of the drops his front wheel fell off. LOL

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 22:38 Quote
ninjavillian wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
jallan wrote:

a) no he isnt

Haha I was mountain biking with a friend and his quick release was loose, so when he took one of the drops his front wheel fell off. LOL
Yeah, but that was his fault for not tightening it, not the quick release's

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023406
Mobile Version of Website