Upgrade to premium?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Upgrade to premium?
Mod
Posted: May 26, 2010 at 18:40 Quote
chunkiemonkie wrote:
yeah well mostly when im looking for stuff on the buysell, i look for the sellers that live closest to where i live. mostly vancouver and vancouver island.

You can still use the search function and narrow your buy/sell focus in the terms of country, state/province/territory, city. If my idea is implemented, it will just show the premium members' ads first (the premium members that have ads advertised in these specific countries, states/provinces, and city that your search criteria is focused on) and then, all of the other ads from the free users will appear underneath them. It shouldn't affect anything.

radek wrote:
sniperbob02 wrote:
sorbet wrote:
Laurie, you are not paying for your plus, so why does it matter that much to you?
I am planning on getting the road trip card, but I don't want the stupid PLUS thing displayed. Its just a dick measuring tool, and says oh hey guys, look I paid to use this site.
+1

Well if you think about it, the plus can mean that "you have a card". Which is something that you said that you wanted.
The roadtrip card is cool, I just don't think its necessary to have the red box with plus in it displayed.

chunkiemonkie wrote:
yeah well mostly when im looking for stuff on the buysell, i look for the sellers that live closest to where i live. mostly vancouver and vancouver island.
yeah maybe haddid a wahy to put the add like aving the choice to put the lower price first or the date ... something like that. not saying only for membership ones (could be if you say so thought Razz but it could be real great to have that option

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 19:53 Quote
the thing is, this shouldnt turn into a battle of someone is better then the other on this site. right now, everyone is equal except the MODS, but there not many of them. I dont care if someone is paying for it, but i think for sure lose the little PLUS logo beside the name, it will just instigate. theres no need for the fight, but trust me, theres kids who will start shit out of nothing. and as for the buysell, i say the farthest you should go is to highlight the persons add, make it stand out. This was a great idea, but if you keep adding features that the PLUS people can have, soon it will turn into private forums, private profiles, private videos, etc. who knows, maybe even a whole 1/2 of the site for paying subscribers

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:03 Quote
ericvan wrote:
the thing is, this shouldnt turn into a battle of someone is better then the other on this site. right now, everyone is equal except the MODS, but there not many of them. I dont care if someone is paying for it, but i think for sure lose the little PLUS logo beside the name, it will just instigate. theres no need for the fight, but trust me, theres kids who will start shit out of nothing. and as for the buysell, i say the farthest you should go is to highlight the persons add, make it stand out. This was a great idea, but if you keep adding features that the PLUS people can have, soon it will turn into private forums, private profiles, private videos, etc. who knows, maybe even a whole 1/2 of the site for paying subscribers
agreed

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:25 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
chunkiemonkie wrote:

You can still use the search function and narrow your buy/sell focus in the terms of country, state/province/territory, city. If my idea is implemented, it will just show the premium members' ads first (the premium members that have ads advertised in these specific countries, states/provinces, and city that your search criteria is focused on) and then, all of the other ads from the free users will appear underneath them. It shouldn't affect anything.
you mean aside from the fact that it would be f-ing annoying?

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:27 Quote
im just fine with what is available now, i really only want the card anyways

Mod
Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:28 Quote
Ebay seems to do a good job at promoting peoples' ads and people are not deterred from shopping there. I'm not saying reinvent the wheel here but there are definitely attributes and aspects we can take from other sites and adopt them on Pinkbike.

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:29 Quote
ericvan wrote:

Thats where this is going to it looks... A paid site... maybe with paywalled content as well... Can't wait to see a little icon next to an 'article' saying PLUS members only..

beta testing isn't a "perk" for the consumer, its good for the developer.. Don't want to pay to beta test the new dashboard with missing buttons...

Not going to pay $30 to watch videos when there is no proof that they will even stream reliably... As it is now hit play get a few seconds of video then buffering gg... vimeo youtube mpora etc don't do that.

Easy enough to hide ads with an adblocker for your browser of choice...

Does being a PLUS member limit the display of the advertisements that you call "articles"? If I have to pay I don't want any ads..

If Plus members get special highlighting or toplisted ads or it means that all Buy and Sell members are legit then what about non plus members? Are they all scammers?

Why not give Plus members auto renewing ads and leave it at that?

The discount are a good thing if you are in the area of the discounts but why tie it to the site so directly?...

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:29 Quote
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but what does it mean when it says MOD below people's headshots?

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:30 Quote
Premium is a sick idea but quite frankly i seems like a waste of cash to upgrade ever year
just my opinion

and im stoked that PINKBIKE will stay freeSalute

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:30 Quote
does getting premium stop you from getting suspended all the time?

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:31 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Ebay seems to do a good job at promoting peoples' ads and people are not deterred from shopping there. I'm not saying reinvent the wheel here but there are definitely attributes and aspects we can take from other sites and adopt them on Pinkbike.

Ebay is an online auction and sales site....

Is that what Pinkbike is?

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:31 Quote
snickkers wrote:
LOL i doubt it Facepalm

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 20:33 Quote
tyscrap wrote:
snickkers wrote:
LOL i doubt it Facepalm

what about a double premiumBig Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013642
Mobile Version of Website