Upgrade to premium?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Upgrade to premium?
O+
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 8:56 Quote
I have to agree with what everyone is saying about this "Premium Membership". Personally (not to hate the PB team) I think its more of a cash grab than anything else. Yea it will save you a bit of cash at "certain" resorts/ parks but really? Then some of the ideas you guys have had to add features/ perks to it are stupid... Like the idea to prioritize the "Premium" users buy/sell, thats just not right or fair. Plus it will make it harder to find everyones sale items if their not "Premium". I think that everyone hould be equal on the site instead of having a "higher class" and a "lower class", its almost discriminant to a point. Some users will not be able to purchase this membership either because they are too young or their parents wont let them spend money for a "Premium" membership... Its too much of a cash grab and its just UNFAIR and a bad way for PinkBike to improve. I bet that if everyone on PinkBike was to have a vote on this feature, over 60% would vote that its a "no". Maybe we should make some polls and come up with cool ideas together to make PinkBike better!! But if your gonna keep it I just hope it works out because I will not be purchasing this feature

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 9:13 Quote
Thing is websites cost a lot of $$ to run, and nothing is free. Wouldn't everyone like higher quality videos? Faster load times? More content/features? The only way that can happen for "free" is if they choke the site with tons of ads - that would suck. Or instead, we can all pitch in and make this site better? Oh, but since not everyone wants to, why should the people who don't pitch in get the same benefits as the ones who do? Then who would want to pay??

I don't see how it is a cash grab at all when they offer you nice discounts from various stores and resorts. I think its more of a attention-grabber. Trying to promote Pinkbike so more people will know about it and sign on.

Please add a feature to allow premium users to toggle the stupid [PLUS] tag. At the very least make it look less tacky and stupid. Make it a bolded/underlined name or something like in other forums..etc

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 10:48 Quote
there's absolutely no point in anyone in Britain becoming a member, cos no discounts from shops or off of lift passes etc are available near to where we live Frown the plus sign shud be a small red box with a p, which appears next to a persons name ON THEIR PROFILE ONLY because anyone who doesnt have it feels cheap, and it seems like the plus people are showing off. i want a membership to get the extras, but please make it worth my while and get shops and bike centres in Britain to cooperate

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 10:55 Quote
SonOfBel13 wrote:
there's absolutely no point in anyone in Britain becoming a member, cos no discounts from shops or off of lift passes etc are available near to where we live Frown the plus sign shud be a small red box with a p, which appears next to a persons name ON THEIR PROFILE ONLY because anyone who doesnt have it feels cheap, and it seems like the plus people are showing off. i want a membership to get the extras, but please make it worth my while and get shops and bike centres in Britain to cooperate

Agreed and online bike shops like Chain Big Grin

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 10:55 Quote
pinkbike themes would be cool Razz like choose wat the main colour is (instaed of red)

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 10:56 Quote
davvi wrote:
pinkbike themes would be cool Razz like choose wat the main colour is (instaed of red)
that would be awesome tup

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 10:57 Quote
ste3le wrote:
SonOfBel13 wrote:

Agreed and online bike shops like Chain Big Grin
yeh that would be amazing aswell.... - would be a dream in fact Razz

Mod
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 10:58 Quote
SonOfBel13 wrote:

The majority of the people probably won't have it. No need to feel cheap. If the old site is doing it for you, why spend money on something you won't use. That seems like a real waste of money. They are expanding the perks to include things in the UK. It just takes time for shops and resorts to get on board with the program. It is only a matter of time before there are benefits like the ones in Canada and the US in the UK. I haven't come across any posts where Plus members are saying "oh I'm better than you because I have a membership." Even if they did, why would it matter? A membership does not increase one’s depth of knowledge of something bike related. If you like the site benefits as well as the Road Trip benefits, buy it. If you don’t like either, don’t buy it. This is not a mandatory item and not buying it does not deter or inhibit the usability of the website.

O+ FL
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 11:01 Quote
SonOfBel13 wrote:

This is something that will evolve into Europe as well slowly. Also new features will be coming out throughout the year. Again, if you don't get it nothing will change, the site will work the same, no features will be taken away from free accounts.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 11:03 Quote
another nice thing would be customisable layouts and stuff on your profile and the ability to drag where buttons are around the screen, like maybe be able to rearange the Dash Profile Home Photo Video BuySell Product Forum SHOP buttons or put them on a different side of the screen.

also more options for posting like more emoticions, fonts etc.

I think the plus symbol shud be difrent as well. eg your name is written in gold

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 11:04 Quote
karl-burkat wrote:
SonOfBel13 wrote:

This is something that will evolve into Europe as well slowly. Also new features will be coming out throughout the year. Again, if you don't get it nothing will change, the site will work the same, no features will be taken away from free accounts.

Sweet, when there are enough perks for the UK I shall be defiantly upgrading. The cards will be shipped over at no extra cost?

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 11:04 Quote
davvi wrote:
another nice thing would be customisable layouts and stuff on your profile and the ability to drag where buttons are around the screen, like maybe be able to rearange the Dash Profile Home Photo Video BuySell Product Forum SHOP buttons or put them on a different side of the screen.

also more options for posting like more emoticions, fonts etc.

I think the plus symbol shud be difrent as well. eg your name is written in gold

This isnt myspace.

O+ FL
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 11:05 Quote
ste3le wrote:
karl-burkat wrote:
SonOfBel13 wrote:

Sweet, when there are enough perks for the UK I shall be defiantly upgrading. The cards will be shipped over at no extra cost?

Yup the shipping is free.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 11:05 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
SonOfBel13 wrote:

The majority of the people probably won't have it. No need to feel cheap. If the old site is doing it for you, why spend money on something you won't use. That seems like a real waste of money. They are expanding the perks to include things in the UK. It just takes time for shops and resorts to get on board with the program. It is only a matter of time before there are benefits like the ones in Canada and the US in the UK. I haven't come across any posts where Plus members are saying "oh I'm better than you because I have a membership." Even if they did, why would it matter? A membership does not increase one’s depth of knowledge of something bike related. If you like the site benefits as well as the Road Trip benefits, buy it. If you don’t like either, don’t buy it. This is not a mandatory item and not buying it does not deter or inhibit the usability of the website.
As soon as they give me some rewards e.g discounts off of lift passes in the uk, then ill pay the fee straight away. i would like to buy it now, but dont see it as fair for me cos i wont get discounts, whereas the us and canada will Frown i was just ranting about the cheapness, but really want the benefits when they come in a few months after the negotiating. hurry up pinkbike please Salute

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017788
Mobile Version of Website