Lets see some really light bikes! (posted im bmx but dj's welcome to)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Lets see some really light bikes! (posted im bmx but dj's welcome to)
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 14:41 Quote
doberdude wrote:
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
doberdude wrote:

Even though I could argue this. I wont but I will say, im sure if a bike is lighter than the norm (around 27-28 lbs) it is considered light but whatevs.

not shure how that would be the norm for a custom brakeless, rigid and singlespeed mtb when stock complete bmx's weigh 25lbs and i have a 2005 p.3 that weighs 24.5lbs without even trying.
Did I say it was the norm. Im saying the norm for MTBs, specifically DJ/Street bikes is around 27-28 lbs. Anyway, im not arguing it.
lmao i meant to say 1999

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 14:47 Quote
spencermenzies7 wrote:
devulge96 wrote:
spencermenzies7 wrote:

and im getting new grips soon so that should lighten it up a few lbs hopefully, and i also might get a new chain

This is a joke,right?
no?
its spencer of course hes joke he is a jke now spence get off my G.D thread!

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:00 Quote
davidmcadam wrote:
spencermenzies7 wrote:
devulge96 wrote:

This is a joke,right?
no?
wow just cuz u need a fc to fakie...

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:03 Quote
j'aime les chevaux !

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:13 Quote
doberdude wrote:
doberdude wrote:

Even though I could argue this. I wont but I will say, im sure if a bike is lighter than the norm (around 27-28 lbs) it is considered light but whatevs.

not shure how that would be the norm for a custom brakeless, rigid and singlespeed mtb when stock complete bmx's weigh 25lbs and i have a 2005 p.3 that weighs 24.5lbs without even trying.
Did I say it was the norm. Im saying the norm for MTBs, specifically DJ/Street bikes is around 27-28 lbs. Anyway, im not arguing it.

i definitly dont think that would be the norm for a ridig, brakeless and singlespeed mtb, as i said mine is 24.5lbs without even trying...

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:21 Quote
spencermenzies7 wrote:
davidmcadam wrote:
spencermenzies7 wrote:

no?
lmao nawh man i dont have that anymore and its been broken for like a month

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:28 Quote
davidmcadam wrote:
spencermenzies7 wrote:
davidmcadam wrote:
then how it henrys name are u gona fakie

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:41 Quote
spencermenzies7 wrote:
davidmcadam wrote:
spencermenzies7 wrote:

then how it henrys name are u gona fakie
dude i could fakie like 10000 years ago now f*ck off and go get more ass surgery

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:45 Quote
doberdude wrote:

i definitly dont think that would be the norm for a ridig, brakeless and singlespeed mtb, as i said mine is 24.5lbs without even trying...
You don't see my point, do you.

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:47 Quote
doberdude wrote:
doberdude wrote:

i doubt your p3 really weighs that light at all, plus its an ally frame, generally talking dj/ street mtb theyre steel frames like their bmx lil brothers...

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:48 Quote
doberdude wrote:
doberdude wrote:

yeah i do but i disagree.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:49 Quote
ridinfree0freeridin wrote:
doberdude wrote:

i doubt your p3 really weighs that light at all, plus its an ally frame, generally talking dj/ street mtb theyre steel frames like their bmx lil brothers...

well thats the weight of it and you can get equally light chromoly frames anyways...

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:51 Quote
doberdude wrote:

well thats the weight of it and you can get equally light chromoly frames anyways...

spec?

and generally ally frames are lighter, thats the whole point... and i agree with the other guy, if your talking light then your talking sub 25lb for mtb, and sub 22 for bmx

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:51 Quote
doberdude wrote:

yeah i do but i disagree.
Nvr mind Facepalm

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 16:03 Quote

spec?

and generally ally frames are lighter, thats the whole point... and i agree with the other guy, if your talking light then your talking sub 25lb for mtb, and sub 22 for bmx

ugh not in the modd just look through my album, mostly shit/stock which is why i said that it is that weight without even trying. sub 25lbs for a mtb and sub 22lbs for a bmx arenet light that is more just the weight you will get building up a custom bike with after market parts if you dont even pay attention to the weight. sub 20lbs for a bmx and sub 23lbs for a mtb is actually light enough to deserve special recognition and be posted in this thread...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010505
Mobile Version of Website