how close have you been to giving up

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
how close have you been to giving up
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 6:26 Quote
Why not at least take up XC?

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 6:41 Quote
yeah for sum reason i just dont think ill take up xc hmm i dont know why ...oh yea spandex aint cool. but thnx for the input

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 6:54 Quote
idunnoeh wrote:
yeah for sum reason i just dont think ill take up xc hmm i dont know why ...oh yea spandex aint cool. but thnx for the input

you don't have to wear spandex to go trailbiking... i go in jeans and a t-shirt.

and on the contrary, some (or most?) dh racers have to wear spandex...

spandex is mainly for hardcore roadies.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 8:32 Quote
Look at it this way: What are the odds of three riding friends all having spinal injuries? Slim. The odds are on your side. Time to step it up.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 8:59 Quote
ibisrox wrote:
It was the opposite for me.
I started riding because the low impact exercise helped me recover from a car accident that almost killed me. I would not be where I am without riding.

But it's not really low impact unless your doing XC.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 9:05 Quote
ive come close. But my friends have always been there. Its not because of me but of my rigs. I am the guy that always has broken parts. Finaly i just rode them till they wont ride no more. And still to this point i have broken parts but my friends and lbs have helped me.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 9:13 Quote
cant say ive ever wanted to quit. sure you get pissed off when its wet, or crash, or someone else crashes.

but thats life i guess. you gotta keep going at something you love.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 11:30 Quote
I took about 2years off from riding. I was xc racing and lost the fun in it. The reason it lost its fun was that I felt like I had to get better every ride and when that happend it wasn't fun anymore. Then i took my bike out one day and went for a ride and remebered how much fun it was just cruisin aroun and strarted doin drop and jumps and havnt stopped since then.

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 11:35 Quote
giantzack wrote:
ive come close. But my friends have always been there. Its not because of me but of my rigs. I am the guy that always has broken parts. Finaly i just rode them till they wont ride no more. And still to this point i have broken parts but my friends and lbs have helped me.

hahaha, Zack the bike slayer. Stop breaking your bikes you clutz! Razz

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 11:43 Quote
i don't think ill ever give up, never came close, and if i get paralyzed ill make some scientist make me a quad bike that can be controlled by moving my head haha, biking is pretty much all i have in my life everything else just ain't doing it for me... ya know

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 11:47 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
Look at it this way: What are the odds of three riding friends all having spinal injuries? Slim. The odds are on your side. Time to step it up.

Ya, pretty slim odds of the 3-peat. I have a wife and kids too, so it's something I think about. I always just make sure I ride within my abilities, like sessioning smaller jumps over and over until I know I've got the skill to move to the next bigger size. I had a few stupid falls where I've injured shoulders and wrists, but once I've healed up, it's always back to the drawing board, re-focus on the basic skills and build my way back up again. Towards the end of this past summer, I was really pushing myself pretty hard. Had a week long trip (fernie, Pano, KKH) and I was crashing 4 or 5 times more than the guy I was riding with. It was great, I learnt from each one of them, sort of, and got a great deal of confidence since I avoided injury. But even though I was crashing, I wasn't riding "outside" my abilities, I was only testing the limits of what my abilities were. Do that, and the risk of "serious" injury should be pretty slim.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 11:01 Quote
i face planted for the second time this summer while on a trip. (the first time i had a full face on that spared me major injury) the second time i damaged my teeth permanently and left a nice scar on my chin. i told myself that thats as close as i wanted to come to breaking my neck or destroying my face and made the decision to sell my bikes and find a safer past time. i never got around to selling my bikes and now several months later after talking to some people and seeing them sit there, i decided that this is what i love and to just make sure i stay within my ability's. i am selling my bike, but its so i can build an even nicer one.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 11:07 Quote
joey151 wrote:
moleman wrote:
it hasen't happen to me, and i hope it dosen't but my friend has practicaly given up because Xbox live has taken him over, lame.
my friend did the same thing. Its so stupid.
yeah a friend of mine did the same thing also, that little B

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 11:09 Quote
curlxupxandxdle wrote:
i don't think ill ever give up, never came close, and if i get paralyzed ill make some scientist make me a quad bike that can be controlled by moving my head haha, biking is pretty much all i have in my life everything else just ain't doing it for me... ya know
thats awesome, but a good idea. haha, quad bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011177
Mobile Version of Website