how close have you been to giving up

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
how close have you been to giving up
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 3:05 Quote
i broke my femur 2 years ago and almost gave up biking, to this day i still have problems with it, sometimes i cant go to work or even walk but now i ride harder than ever. I would die without biking, going through a rough time or just need to get away, i would be lost without biking. So as long as i can walk and ride a bike i will never give it up, its change my life believe it or not.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 3:10 Quote
i got my pink felt robbed and at the time was my only bike... i was like f*ck it im not spendin 1500 on annother bike to get it robbed by sum lowlife crackheads who probly sold it in the pub for 30 quidReally Mad Really Mad Really Mad Really Mad Really Mad
. but then i bought a new one and fell inlove. just going thru the whole process of pimping itPimp Pimp Pimp Pimp Pimp Pimp

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 6:21 Quote
I got close a while back, when I was still getting into it, I was f*cking everything up, (literally everything) and was getting so pissed off.

Then suddenly it clicked and I've never looked back.

I mean yeah, I've hurt myself biking. I've got a tonne of scars from the pedals/ground impacts. But it's times like those you just laugh about it, and if you can get back on straight away, do it, carry on. You won't regret it. The pain goes away after a while anyway.

I don't think I'll ever stop riding unless something family (future) oriented makes me HAVE to stop. I love riding, but I would never put it before those I love.

Biking is an escape for me, I get stressed, angry, upset about alot of things, when that happens I get my bike out of the shed, pull on my gloves, stick my helmet on and go ride. I don't care where, doesn't even have to be good, just riding is amazing.

It helped me get over the depression I had last year, so y'know, biking's a keeper.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 9:55 Quote
im pretty close right now man, not happy with any of my bikes and i just keep having problems with them and its so frusterating, my rear shock blew up for no reason yesterday and i dont have any money to replace it.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 10:00 Quote
last week me and my friend were urban riding like always since theres no where to ride in florida , and some idiot hit me when i was on the side walk!!!!!!!!!
now i have a broken arm and no bikeEvil

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 6:48 Quote
teamcliffhanger776 wrote:
Biking takes the stress off me and lets me forget about the bad stuff in life and focus on the good stuff... like biking Smile

Amen.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 7:13 Quote
thom wrote:
I can get hit by a car crossing the street. if I am going to be in a wheelchair the rest of my life, it better be from something I love.

You can't be afraid to live life.

Kyle,

omg i know this will sound sad but that really gave me inspiration to do try new things and be more confident in biking. thanks!!

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 7:15 Quote
This one time last year I dislocated my ankle and had surgery on it on a friday. I was back on my bike by the same Sunday with a non walking cast and bunnyhopping 2 feet by wednesday. And that was the closest ive come to quitting riding. I actually progressed my manuals over those 2 months of "recooperation" poor gullible orthopedists.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 7:27 Quote
once as i wasnt really sure what i wanted to do,so i got into rc and bugger its exspensive,and very boring after a while.

now i wont ever give it up again unless im forced to,then if im wheel chair bound i will get into rc again.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 8:05 Quote
Very close... all of the more expensive mtb items I've bought over the last 2 years have been faulty, most recently my £900 Banshee wildcard frame, I got really fed up of the ensuing crap warranty support and will happily name and shame Rockshox and Marzocchi at this point for being the worst of them all in the UK (but mega props to Hayes USA and UK for being the besttup ).

The crazy cost of mtb'ing combined with the constant failure of the products and maintainence required, including the fact there are no riding spots within 1½ hrs drive from where I live, really got me thinking about selling it all and buying a bmx which will probably never go wrong as all the parts seem to have been tried and tested for bmx's, no guinea pig consumers there!

I keep riding simply because the gear has cost me so much and its so fun when my bike works!

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
shorerider16 wrote:
The thought has never crossed my mind. I love riding and when I am with my bike it is one of the few times in life that I feel 100% comfortable and confident.

Even my worst crash, ruptured spleen that put me in the hospital for 2 weeks and out of commision for 6 more, only made me want to ride more. The whole time I was recovering all I could think about was riding, it helped pull me through. It was kind of funny because the first question I asked after becoming semi coherent in the intensive care unit was, "can I still go to Whistler this weekend."Eek Salute

I know what you mean man, i also ruptured my spleen recently and the day i went in to the hopital by ambulance, i asked if i could still go on a kamloops trip in a weekCry

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 9:32 Quote
For the younger people around here.

Once you get a job, and more to the point - get laid - you will see that the world isn't just about Pinkbike; and who's dirt jumping frame is 4g lighter than yours and the complete spec of every one of Steve Peats toenail clippers.

It's about having a good time - all round.

Yeah sure it's great to go riding every hour that god sends, but that makes you look like a loser to the rest of the world. And just to mention - I don't get these guys of normal age for getting wasted and having a good time (along with biking) that just go out biking whenever they can - lone wolf if nobody else will join them. Sure theres being 'into' what you do. Then there's just being a loser.

But! One day they'll get laid and everything will change.

I mean hey!

I used to wear lycra to bed, cellotape sam hill's face over every picture in the house, spend 27378239479329797279 hours a day training for my next race in which I was only 119 places from first and even wear a Sam Hill replica jock strap - all the time.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 9:55 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
Yeah sure it's great to go riding every hour that god sends, but that makes you look like a loser to the rest of the world.

Sure theres being 'into' what you do. Then there's just being a loser.

OH!!! Heres another great idea, suck my penis =]

WHO cares if we look like losers. If riding around is what they love then for the love of God let them ride their little hearts out in peace, and whats wrong with riding around every hour if we enjoy it?

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 9:58 Quote
agreed!

if i had the time and energy i would be out every day.

and huckoveraduck :
if you your not a 'loser', or the other normal person you mention who likes to have a good time, then who are you? and how dull is your life?!

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 9:58 Quote
eddie1170 wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
Yeah sure it's great to go riding every hour that god sends, but that makes you look like a loser to the rest of the world.

Sure theres being 'into' what you do. Then there's just being a loser.

I have an idea, suck my penis =]

WHO cares if we look like losers. If riding around is what you like then for the love of God ride your little heart out, and whats wrong with riding around every hour if we enjoy it?

Don't hate me cause your going to die a virgin! hahaha

Yeah don't over react douchebags, I'm just blabbering.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042698
Mobile Version of Website