Lightweight 6" Travel Trail Bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Lightweight 6" Travel Trail Bike
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 9:33 Quote
I'm looking to buy a do-it-all trail bike with at least 6" of travel, and the lighter the better. Any suggestions? The Scott Genius is one of the considerations

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 11:07 Quote
I got a 2010 Specialized Enduro Pro -- don't have a scale pic, but pretty close to 30lbs out the box. Rear wheel is a bit flexy tho', but light!

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 11:27 Quote
RapidRob wrote:
I'm looking to buy a do-it-all trail bike with at least 6" of travel, and the lighter the better. Any suggestions? The Scott Genius is one of the considerations

Wait for the new genius 20. 29 lbs out of the box with 185mm rear and 180 front. Check out bikeradar.com for pics.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 13:37 Quote
Giant Reign 0

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/reign.0/3899/37071/

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 15:16 Quote
SpeshAllDay wrote:
RapidRob wrote:

Wait for the new genius 20. 29 lbs out of the box with 185mm rear and 180 front. Check out bikeradar.com for pics.

damn, that sounds pretty interesting for a long travel bike

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 at 13:20 Quote
I rock a Devinci Hectik custom build, coming in sub 30lb with no stupid carbon sh*t or proprietary suspension (I'm running Fox 36 Talas front / Fox RP23 XV BV rear) and it rides super sweet

photo

don't think you can get Devinci in the USA because of the Specialized FSR patent, but hey its always a good excuse to take a vacation to Canada (whistler!)

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 at 14:34 Quote
jond63 wrote:
I got a 2010 Specialized Enduro Pro -- don't have a scale pic, but pretty close to 30lbs out the box. Rear wheel is a bit flexy tho', but light!
+1 its an awesome bike and climbs really well for a 6 inch compared to my reign 1, its also pretty light to.

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 at 14:36 Quote
I got an Intense 5.5 @ 26.75 pounds. Its tubeless with QR wheels.

My 575 with 36 talas and bolt on CK hubs is 31.25 pounds.

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 at 14:38 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
don't think you can get Devinci in the USA because of the Specialized FSR patent, but hey its always a good excuse to take a vacation to Canada (whistler!)

Wish Devinci was in the USA, I like them.

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 at 14:40 Quote
pavementEATER wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:

Wish Devinci was in the USA, I like them.

Just buy one of the new Sinister bikes, they are the same frame's as devinci(manufactured by devinci) but with added adjustability via custom shock links.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 at 9:18 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
I rock a Devinci Hectik custom build, coming in sub 30lb with no stupid carbon sh*t or proprietary suspension (I'm running Fox 36 Talas front / Fox RP23 XV BV rear) and it rides super sweet

photo

That looks pretty cool -- I might look at them for my next ride. So far so good on the stupid carbon cr@p -- I think I'll break before it does, but I am pretty old these days...

Posted: Aug 1, 2010 at 21:17 Quote
Ellsworth moment pedals amazing even with no platform on the shock can be built up 27lbs without any sketchy parts

O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 17:28 Quote
I am in the process of building up a Kona Coilair and so far its pretty light. I expect it to come in right about 31 or 32. not bad for 6" of travel and built on a budget.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 12:56 Quote
this is another contender, for sure!

my Buddy John's Ellsworth Moment Mk3 - 29.5lb with Fox RP23 XV BV shock and Rockshox Rev. Team Black Box U-turn 150mm fork, and Stan's ZTR Flow / Hope Pro II tubeless wheelset

photo

If I was not representing Devinci in the UK, this would be my next choice, alongside the Mythic (Banshee UK) Rune

we import Banshee, Devinci and Ellsworth, and sell Specialized, so I am spoilt for choice in the All-Mountain line-up Smile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015581
Mobile Version of Website