How to get more pop/height?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How to get more pop/height?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 at 12:17 Quote
I feel like when I go off of jumps, that I'm jumping them like a racer would, and end up scrubbing speed off the lip instead of getting height.

I'm curious what I should be doing to get more pop/height off of the lip. Should I be going faster? Pulling up harder? Extending with my legs more?

Here is a video of me to demonstrate what's currently happening:

http://www.facebook.com/v/655355046315

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 at 14:10 Quote
To me it kind of looks like you are pulling up enough to just keep your front end up and letting your speed get you across the gap.

One thing that I've noticed for myself, that if you basically bunny hop when you get to the top of the lip (like a skateboard ollie) that you'll boost yourself higher. But mainly, all it takes is just practice. If you just keep practicing at it you'll be able to pop higher and higher. But so far it looks real good, keep it up!

FL
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 at 14:17 Quote
canerica7 wrote:
To me it kind of looks like you are pulling up enough to just keep your front end up and letting your speed get you across the gap.

One thing that I've noticed for myself, that if you basically bunny hop when you get to the top of the lip (like a skateboard ollie) that you'll boost yourself higher. But mainly, all it takes is just practice. If you just keep practicing at it you'll be able to pop higher and higher. But so far it looks real good, keep it up!

Like that guy said, when your front wheel hits the lip bunnyhop.

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 at 15:40 Quote
Don't squash/compress the lip as you go up it, just let the jump do everything for you. When in the air straighten yourself up and then prepare to land. If you wanna get really high, like he said, do a bunnyhop motion as you leave the lip. And if that's not high enough tuck the bike up to you so your sitting above your tire Smile

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 at 15:44 Quote
its called loading and unloading the bike if you keep low going into the jump then as you hit the take off sorta jump up up on the bike forcing ur weight up your bike is subject to less downward force and a little upward thrust thus giving u extra height.
hope this helps Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036048
Mobile Version of Website