The Sexiest Road Bikes Thread (No posting your own bike)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest Road Bikes Thread (No posting your own bike)
Posted: Nov 29, 2023 at 4:48 Quote
100%, but would assume owners preferred groupset.

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 9:04 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Super nice... but it almost feels sacrilegious to see Dura Ace on a Colnago though, I'd have to go Campy on a gorgeous Italian frameset like that.

I was gonna say....

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 9:27 Quote
Fuck the haters, DA is stupidly good.

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 11:44 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Fuck the haters, DA is stupidly good.

It is for sure... but the aesthetic is just wrong. I mean, Garret makes great turbos but I wouldn't put a pair in a 488 GTB.

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 12:09 Quote
Given the wide range of aesthetics we get from Italy, honestly feel it's just gatekeeping and done in pretty poor taste. DA's a great looking and performing groupset, and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Italy is not some unique special nation that is producing frames that are vastly different than the rest of the world.

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 19:00 Quote
Nothing at all to do with "gatekeeping"... which is a weird claim to begin with when we're talking about which exorbitantly priced group to put on an exorbitantly priced frame... the entire bike is gatekept to the extreme. And not sure what the ride range of Italian aesthetics has to do with saying that DA looks out of place on that Colnago and that it's just screaming out for some Campy. The look of the DA cranks alone is immediately jarring compared to that frame with Campy... that may be because that's just what I'm used to seeing, could be that it's because despite riding DA myself I can acknowledge Campy as just a more beautiful bit of kit, can't say for sure beyond it not having a damn thing to do with "gatekeeping."

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 7:54 Quote
not hating on DA at all, and I would not throw that bike out of bed for eating crackers.

But the sandwich is peanut butter and jelly boys and girls, not peanut butter and really fantastic syrup...! Wink

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 8:00 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
The look of the DA cranks alone is immediately jarring compared to that frame with Campy... that may be because that's just what I'm used to seeing, could be that it's because despite riding DA myself I can acknowledge Campy as just a more beautiful bit of kit

photo

Edit, here's a current pro tour Colnago. Guess not even Colnago got the memo on groupsets.

photo

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 9:33 Quote
Lmao... such a weird hill to die on.

Pro Tour or not, and sponsor obligations notwithstanding, that Colnago would also look better with Campy... and I'd be willing to bet that, outside of ear shot to a Shimano rep, most of the folks on that team would say the same.

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 9:37 Quote
From looking up how the shifters work of the big three, I'll be sticking with Shimano.

I like the simplicity of my Sora shifters. Had Tourney on my last bike, but didn't have have paddle to shift, but side buttons like Campagnolo. SRAM and Campag still look decent though.

Looking into 105 for my upgrade for my next groupset for my bike.

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 10:02 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Lmao... such a weird hill to die on.

Pro Tour or not, and sponsor obligations notwithstanding, that Colnago would also look better with Campy... and I'd be willing to bet that, outside of ear shot to a Shimano rep, most of the folks on that team would say the same.

Tis the season. I'm mostly just poking fun, don't take me toooooo seriously here.

Given how rare Campy is at the protour level right now, I'm not sure I agree. They make fantastic parts, absolutely, but it does seem most people, from privateer to pro, seem to want to grab parts from the major two.

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 10:20 Quote
Anyway here's some eyebleach for that horrible Colnago on the last page. Has all the fitting parts!

photo

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 12:07 Quote
aaaaaaand......this is why you're loved sherb Fab

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 12:17 Quote
road-psyclist wrote:
From looking up how the shifters work of the big three, I'll be sticking with Shimano.

I like the simplicity of my Sora shifters. Had Tourney on my last bike, but didn't have have paddle to shift, but side buttons like Campagnolo. SRAM and Campag still look decent though.

Looking into 105 for my upgrade for my next groupset for my bike.

i think full electronic, any of the systems would be phenomenal.

my biggest gripe is having a brake lever pulling double duty as a shift lever. I definitely want the brake lever blade to move in one direction only.

I haven't ridden the latest setups so I'm no authority here. But I have to say I prefer my new-to-me Campagnolo levers over the Shimano ones I was running. There's a trade-off, (like having to come out of the drops to thumb the inboard shift button...) but I do prefer them.

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 12:32 Quote
adm750 wrote:

i think full electronic, any of the systems would be phenomenal.

my biggest gripe is having a brake lever pulling double duty as a shift lever. I definitely want the brake lever blade to move in one direction only.

I haven't ridden the latest setups so I'm no authority here. But I have to say I prefer my new-to-me Campagnolo levers over the Shimano ones I was running. There's a trade-off, (like having to come out of the drops to thumb the inboard shift button...) but I do prefer them.

If I could afford Di2, I'd go for it without hesitation. I played with it on a bike at my LBS and nice gadget/toy to play with.

My mechanical Sora is the most advanced groupset (for me) to use yet, and the paddles are nice to play with. Easy to change gears by pushing the levers.

I guess why it's good to have different shifting mechanisms, as people get to choose one of the big three to their preference.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.066058
Mobile Version of Website