The Sexiest Road Bikes Thread (No posting your own bike)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest Road Bikes Thread (No posting your own bike)
Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 14:02 Quote
I'm with Leroy on this one. I've seen a red Jaguar E-Type and it was gorgeous, and I'm sure a Ferrari 250 in British Racing Green would be stunning too. But I know what colour looks "right" to me.

Totally not just taking this personally because I have an Italian bike with Record and an American bike with Red. Definitely not.

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 14:17 Quote
I've been in a yellow F40 while in Florida, and I promise it didn't take the car down a single notch.

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 14:23 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I've been in a yellow F40 while in Florida, and I promise it didn't take the car down a single notch.

you're dead to me... Razz

Posted: Dec 2, 2023 at 3:06 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Anyway here's some eyebleach for that horrible Colnago on the last page. Has all the fitting parts!

photo

Oh man, not even fair! Showing the 2011/20212 Movistar vs this year’s UAE Colnago.

Posted: Dec 2, 2023 at 3:15 Quote
I’ve always had Campagnolo on my bikes and I simply love the ergonomics, the feedback whilst shifting and braking performance vs any of the other groupsets.

Just my two cents;

Best wheels - Campagnolo
Best mechanical shifting - Campagnolo
Best braking performance (rim and disc) - Campagnolo

Best electronic drivetrain - probably Shimano despite their semi-cabled setup.

SRAM’s front mech and batteries in general lack reliability and today, Campagnolo’s wireless groupset lacks decent availability in the market.

Not talking pricing / values etc but just based on my experience.

Posted: Dec 2, 2023 at 10:23 Quote
They are all so good now! I feel like Campagnolo components always evoke a little more soul, for lack of a better term, than other manufacturers. Not sure if that’s just from history or in the actual design, but there’s something just a touch more special feeling about them.

That said, I think Shimano consistently has the edge on refinement. Never really got along with SRAM as much, though I know they are just as solid of a choice.

It all comes down to personal preference.

Posted: Dec 2, 2023 at 10:26 Quote
Incorrect, my opinion is factually the only good one.

I'm excited for when Shimano releases the Cues road systems, really hoping they made the MTB and road stuff run on the same pull ratios, as it'd be very good to be able to mix in MTB cassettes on dropbar drivetrains for gravel bikes.

Posted: Dec 2, 2023 at 10:42 Quote
All that said, I think Dura-Ace looks fantastic on this bike.

photo

Posted: Dec 2, 2023 at 10:52 Quote
It fits it so well. With how different all the aesthetics coming out of Italy are, it's hard for me to justify the aesthetics of a groupset. A DaRosa does not look like a Pinarello does not look like a Colnago does not look like a Bianchi does not look like a Cinelli etc. So what are "Italian aesthetics" if some of their frames look like Cannondales and some of their frames look like Dogshit? If we flip the record, do Treks, Cannondales and Specialized frames only look good with Sram parts on them as that's what American aesthetics look like? Is it a shame to put Shimano on anything other than a Japanese frame?

Posted: Dec 2, 2023 at 12:24 Quote
As far as I can tell, it’s all about the red stripe.

Posted: Dec 3, 2023 at 9:22 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
As far as I can tell, it’s all about the red stripe.

Always about the Red Stripe...

photo

Posted: Dec 3, 2023 at 14:28 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
I’ve always had Campagnolo on my bikes and I simply love the ergonomics, the feedback whilst shifting and braking performance vs any of the other groupsets.

Just my two cents;

Best wheels - Campagnolo
Best mechanical shifting - Campagnolo
Best braking performance (rim and disc) - Campagnolo

Best electronic drivetrain - probably Shimano despite their semi-cabled setup.

SRAM’s front mech and batteries in general lack reliability and today, Campagnolo’s wireless groupset lacks decent availability in the market.

Not talking pricing / values etc but just based on my experience.

Just my three cents:

Best wheels - anything custom w/DT hubs
Best mechanical shifting - Shimano
Best braking performance (rim and disc) - SRAM (w/HS2 rotors)

Best electronic drivetrain - still SRAM. Shimano is nice but they still suffer from the shortcoming of the internal battery. Also their eTube app is a little overcomplicated.

Posted: Dec 3, 2023 at 16:53 Quote
Love me some China carbon on DT's...

Posted: Dec 9, 2023 at 23:38 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Love me some China carbon on DT's...

My Nexties have been solid. Straight pull 240s with Aerolites and alloy Squorx. They've been awesome for the last few years. Also they only weigh about 1150g.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013383
Mobile Version of Website