PB Forum :: Downhill
SEA OTTER DH 2008
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 13:26 Quote
jake's fast, but i would like to see him beat taylor calvert on syndicate

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 17:46 Quote
naturalhigh wrote:
syndicate is getting smaller this year i hear its only 10 kids... we will see who stays

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 17:48 Quote
jp888p wrote:
naturalhigh wrote:
syndicate is getting smaller this year i hear its only 10 kids... we will see who stays

ooooo. maybe i should try to get on it. I can outride half those kids.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 17:55 Quote
jp888p wrote:

i whould almost call a demo or a sunday to much travel for the bay area. unless you know of some real dh trails...if you do let me in on them!

i know a spot bout 2 1/2 hours from sf. and its not northstar... gonna need all ya travel. and you can ride it in the winter.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 17:58 Quote
downhilldrumma wrote:
jp888p wrote:

i whould almost call a demo or a sunday to much travel for the bay area. unless you know of some real dh trails...if you do let me in on them!

i know a spot bout 2 1/2 hours from sf. and its not northstar... gonna need all ya travel. and you can ride it in the winter.

wheres it at?

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 18:01 Quote
bout 20 min east of ukiah... total of 4.1 miles completely down hill the, from the point of suttle drop off 6.2 miles,. road gap in the middle of the coarse. ruts,, berms, jumps everywhere... rythem sections.. single track.. steeps... awsome damn trail.

i was gonna go to morrow but my buddy is sick as a dog pissin out of both ends of his body

FL
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 18:01 Quote
xtremefreerida wrote:
jp888p wrote:
naturalhigh wrote:

If only spnosorship was just about riding ability. Chances are they aren't into sponsoring the guy spouting off on the net about how good he is.

nate

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 18:13 Quote
-nate- wrote:
xtremefreerida wrote:
jp888p wrote:

If only spnosorship was just about riding ability. Chances are they aren't into sponsoring the guy spouting off on the net about how good he is.

nate

what i heard was that you just have to have placed in the top 10 of a race and the team manager has to ride with you, then you pay $475 and your on the team. Its some skil,l but ive ridden with a few of the kids on the team and they were nothing special.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 18:26 Quote
xtremefreerida wrote:
-nate- wrote:
xtremefreerida wrote:

nate

what i heard was that you just have to have placed in the top 10 of a race and the team manager has to ride with you, then you pay $475 and your on the team. Its some skil,l but ive ridden with a few of the kids on the team and they were nothing special.

yeah well, that's for the normal team. there is an elite team. the elite team is pretty special.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 18:55 Quote
naturalhigh wrote:
xtremefreerida wrote:
-nate- wrote:

nate

yeah well, that's for the normal team. there is an elite team. the elite team is pretty special.
i was told ten kids total. kirt is heading it

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 8:19 Quote
jp888p wrote:
naturalhigh wrote:
xtremefreerida wrote:

oh yeah soory i thought u were talking about the regular team. Yeah for the Junior x team you have to be hand picked and be pretty damn good.

i was told ten kids total. kirt is heading it

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 8:59 Quote
the syndicate is cool in all, but i rather not pay to get on to a team. see i used to roll for the Transition Factory Team, no fee.

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 21:05 Quote
The syndicate junior team is a joke, the kids get their mommies to pay the fee and then they wear the jersey. I past a kid on that team my first race and he was on a transition Gran Mal.

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
skatejunkie wrote:
The syndicate junior team is a joke, the kids get their mommies to pay the fee and then they wear the jersey. I past a kid on that team my first race and he was on a transition Gran Mal.

agree 100%
my friend was on the team then quit cause he thought it was a joke

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 4:42 Quote
you guys need to be watching out for two amazing jr x riders from the PNW.

harry phelps
and
Evan gilsdorf

both are racing age 17, so they still have next year after this, and are placing top semi-pro times/mid range pro times. both are 16/17.

these guys will probly make it to worlds next season when theyve matured a little more.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021930
Mobile Version of Website