Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 22:58 Quote
g-roy33 wrote:
Hardtail. Broke a weld on my vslope
Ah OK, no worries, was after the slope anyways. Was that on the dropout?

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 5:52 Quote
Shock mount. Overcooked a spin on the old first jump at air rec about 30•. Add my snap if u wanna see a photo @ geoffibear

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 9:08 Quote
thoughts on the ns soda slope?

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
DylanHunter wrote:
thoughts on the ns soda slope?

Absolutely loved mine, wish I still had it, although, my Vimana Slope has more of the true to DJ feel to it. However, the SodaS jumped great and was better at manuals, great overall ride and a nice stable feel to it in the air and the ground. Plus the SodaS is also a blast to run down trails.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 7:34 Quote
How does the angle of the chain tensioner look? Wondering if I need to remove 2 more links on the chain

Oh yeah, and this is the new build, trek ticket s Big Grin
photo
photo
photo

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 7:51 Quote
Let the air out of the shock, bottom it out, and then cut the chain as tight as possible with the shock bottomed out. That's how you determine the shortest possible chain length. Your tensioner looks just fine, but if you want to see if you can take a link out just bottom get out and see. It should be fine though.

Bike looks f*cking sick, congrats man!

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 8:01 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
Let the air out of the shock, bottom it out, and then cut the chain as tight as possible with the shock bottomed out. That's how you determine the shortest possible chain length. Your tensioner looks just fine, but if you want to see if you can take a link out just bottom get out and see. It should be fine though.

Bike looks f*cking sick, congrats man!

Thanks for the info bud, will maybe look into that. Yeah looking nice, the red stickers on the forks are annoying me though lol I want the full murdered look but haven't found anywhere that does custom circus decals

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 10:45 Quote
I'd take another full link out of the chain, personally.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 13:45 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
I'd take another full link out of the chain, personally.
Link removed, looks a better angle now
photo

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
Looks tight. Just be sure there's enough chain to grow as suspension compresses. It looks much better now, but looks don't matter, it's about chain growth. If you can fully compress the shock like that then that's awesome!

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 18:40 Quote
Looks good, should be fine, here is what mine is:

photo

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 16:00 Quote
Finally de-stickered my new pslop. The green bits won't stay forever, will likely be replaced with ano red fu40s and contact pedals. I feel like the pslop was built for Valmont.

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 1:41 Quote
So Im wondering why under hard pedals/pressure my chain tensioner snaps/slips. Happens after every full pedal rotation. Am i running it at the wrong angle or could the chain be to loose? I took it off shortened the chain and it went away so its definitely the tensioner. Its the Shimano Alfine cts500 probably shouldn't of cheap'd out but read decent reviews on it. Figured someone here may know!

Also figured I should show my polygon frame up build Wink

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
What rear cog are you using? I've seen people use cassette gears and have this happen.

Also make sure your spacers are oriented correctly to keep proper chainline through the tensioner.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 18:26 Quote
I'm planning to get either a dirt jump hardtail or a slopestyle bike... knees are getting a bit tired of the BMX! Just wondering if anyone has thoughts about the Polygon Trid ZZ vs Haro Thread Slope vs Dartmoor Shine...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025039
Mobile Version of Website