Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 20:49 Quote
AC1987 wrote:
I'm planning to get either a dirt jump hardtail or a slopestyle bike... knees are getting a bit tired of the BMX! Just wondering if anyone has thoughts about the Polygon Trid ZZ vs Haro Thread Slope vs Dartmoor Shine...
Id stay clear of the Haro frame. A couple people I know destroyed them pretty quickly. Polygon is alright, and I've never ridden the shine. I'd probably go Stitched 360, 730, or the p3 slope depending if you want hardtail or slope.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 23:24 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
What rear cog are you using? I've seen people use cassette gears and have this happen.

Also make sure your spacers are oriented correctly to keep proper chainline through the tensioner.

It's the surly one and works just fine, bike rides like it should without the tensioner ha. I think its the spring inside the tensioner that moves on the hard cranks. Would there be another tensioner option with my mounting set up?

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 23:54 Quote
The SB One or Reverse Components tensioners would work. I'm currently just using a Zee mech on my Trid ZZ.

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 5:47 Quote
If it rides fine without the tensioner then when you fit it the the chain skips it means the tensioner is trying to pull the chain off line like a derailleur would when shifting gear. You need to play around with the cassette spacing to get the chain line right.

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
If it rides fine without the tensioner then when you fit it the the chain skips it means the tensioner is trying to pull the chain off line like a derailleur would when shifting gear. You need to play around with the cassette spacing to get the chain line right.

That's what I'm thinking, you need to remanage the spacers on the cassette and maybe flip the cog to better align the cog to the tensioner, so they are in line and not pulling it off.

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 6:58 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
AC1987 wrote:
I'm planning to get either a dirt jump hardtail or a slopestyle bike... knees are getting a bit tired of the BMX! Just wondering if anyone has thoughts about the Polygon Trid ZZ vs Haro Thread Slope vs Dartmoor Shine...
Id stay clear of the Haro frame. A couple people I know destroyed them pretty quickly. Polygon is alright, and I've never ridden the shine. I'd probably go Stitched 360, 730, or the p3 slope depending if you want hardtail or slope.
Thanks. I really like the setup of the Haro Thread Slope, but haven't seen any reviews on them. The Shine is available locally and I can order the Polygon... I wanted a Stitched 720, but can't seem to get one shipped to Canada for some reason. The NS Soda Slope is an option, but I have ridden them and feel like it's a bit too much of an all rounder for my liking.

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
Color scheme is a little aggressive but ill be changing it up
NS Soda Slope with factory 831 36 and deity everything

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 12:42 Quote
DylanHunter wrote:

That's f*cking hawt

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 15:14 Quote
DylanHunter wrote:

How are you liking the ride quality?

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 22:27 Quote
Honestly just need the fork decals matched up, but I think that looks awesome.

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 8:54 Quote
Keep the bright colors, 90's wind breaker style.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
Its awesome! light and flicky and feels like a hardtail

Posted: Jun 9, 2020 at 22:52 Quote
So I'm moving to the east coast in a few weeks and it's got me thinking. I can only take 2 built bikes, I have to box up the rest and they'll arrive a few weeks after I get there, then I'll have to build them etc. One of the bikes will be my bmx, but for the other I was thinking of rebuilding my ticket since some bike parks out on the area are already open, and it has a bike park edge over the p Slope. I built it up with 'spare' parts so I could compare it to my p Slope back to back.

As if it wasn't already bright enough...

photo

photo

Only had one ride on it and there was a pretty nasty head wind so it's hard to say at the moment. The p Slope is definitely a better dirt jumper in my mind, but the ticket does it well and feels more comfortable doing more 'free ride' stuff.

Posted: Jun 9, 2020 at 23:23 Quote
I'd probably agree, rad spare parts build!

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
Does anyone know anywhere that stocks the polygon trid ZZ and will ship to the UK? Im finding its practically impossible to get hold of one in Europe, the only UK distributor of polygon that i know of has dropped them for their own reasons and told me the trid ZZ has been discontinued.

If theres any available in Canada or the States id happily pay to have one shipped over as long as it wasn't an extortionate shipping price.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026765
Mobile Version of Website