2009 p2 cromo single speed?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2009 p2 cromo single speed?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 19:59 Quote
what would be the best way to convert a 2009 p2 cromo to single speed would it be to replace bot the frong cog and rear cassete or just get a rear kit and whats the best ratio for dirt/street jumping?

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 20:15 Quote
Get a kit, and a tensioner if you have vertical dropouts, and good ratios are a little over two to one, ie 28-13 for 26 inch wheels. You don't need to replace the front sprocket unless you want smaller, like micro or nano drive size.

Ratios are also incredibly unimportant unless you go way too tall or short.

Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 20:18 Quote
R-trailking-S wrote:
Get a kit, and a tensioner if you have vertical dropouts, and good ratios are a little over two to one, ie 28-13 for 26 inch wheels. You don't need to replace the front sprocket unless you want smaller, like micro or nano drive size.

Ratios are also incredibly unimportant unless you go way too tall or short.

alright thanks and no i have hrizontal dropouts and would i be able to do it myself or should i get the bike shop to do it?

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 20:23 Quote
Okay I tried to post a youtube video but everything is glitchy right now for me. It is

Cassette removal and installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Oek25xKJ0

You do need a special tool.

and tensioners require quite literally one bolt. If you have aforementioned tool, you can do it yourself. Or you could buy. Or just send it to the shop. I'd recommend buying the tool, it is like 5 bucks according to google.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009223
Mobile Version of Website