Frame To Replace Transition Double!!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Frame To Replace Transition Double!!!
O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 at 8:17 Quote
no body wants a 4" AM bike it seems. i guess everybody is too pussy to try it with less travel, or so hardcore they just use a hardtail. i suppose they need more travel because the geo is not as good for descending so they make up for it with more travel. you should check out the morewood ndiza. it pedals like a hardtail, descends like a champ, builds up pretty damn light, and is a very stiff frame. 4" travel, 67.5* HA, 71* SA, 425mm CS. it corners like no other bike you can probably imagine either.

Posted: Sep 29, 2010 at 9:02 Quote
Looks sweet, however the seat tube angle is even slacker than my Double. Does anyone know where to find the geo for "The King"?

Posted: Sep 29, 2010 at 12:48 Quote
guerilladownhilla wrote:
no body wants a 4" AM bike it seems. i guess everybody is too pussy to try it with less travel, or so hardcore they just use a hardtail. i suppose they need more travel because the geo is not as good for descending so they make up for it with more travel. you should check out the morewood ndiza. it pedals like a hardtail, descends like a champ, builds up pretty damn light, and is a very stiff frame. 4" travel, 67.5* HA, 71* SA, 425mm CS. it corners like no other bike you can probably imagine either.

People over look the levergae ratio and look at the available travel.

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 at 13:20 Quote
So it looks like if I go to a Nomad frame and 08 Manitou Nixon fork My bike will only gain about 1/2-1 pound putting it at around 33. I just wish the Nomad frame was more like 140mm of travel maybe

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 at 16:09 Quote
So I found the 06-07 giant trance frames in XS look perfect, too bad they neutered it. Why are all the ideal frames no longer in production?!

photo

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 at 19:21 Quote
What about the Blur LT check it out on the Santa Cruz website. It has the 140mm travel and is a VPP frame at that. It is claimed to be a trailbike, but from what I have seen Santa Cruz over engeineers everything enough so it can handle the abuse. It is not the Double or the King, but is for sure a happy medium, if not possibly better.

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 at 19:26 Quote
The numbers are about right, I was looking for a 69 HT and 72.5-73 ST, the travel is a little long but I might be able to deal with it. I would have to buy a new fork though which would blow.

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 at 19:28 Quote
I wish I could find a picture of a complete size small

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 at 20:01 Quote
I assume you looked into the Bottle Rocket, what is wrong with that option?

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 6:46 Quote
More travel than I want, heavy, single pivot with a really poor pivot location- my 100mm Double bobs more than my 180mm single pivot fisher did when pedaling. Not sure what the geo is but I assumed it was pretty slack.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 7:28 Quote
Have you looked at the Banshee Spitfire?

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 8:48 Quote
That actually looks pretty sweet, if I cant find a Giant frame I may go with that, if only it were 100mm travel Frown . The only thing that looks funky is the gusset between the down-tube and seat-tube has a gap at the bottom, looks like the perfect place to collect dirt and mud.

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 9:10 Quote
If you like your transition but hate the way it climbs due to pedal bob why not just get a new shock with a lockout. You'll save some money too. But if you want to use it as an excuse to get a new bike go right ahead.

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 9:18 Quote
Icculus19425 wrote:
If you like your transition but hate the way it climbs due to pedal bob why not just get a new shock with a lockout. You'll save some money too. But if you want to use it as an excuse to get a new bike go right ahead.
Then it wouldn't track and it would suck.

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 9:22 Quote
It has lockout, and it no longer sticks to the ground. The seat tube angle is really my biggest complaint though, its very slack and I cant put my seat up to the right spot for climbing. Basically a slopstyle/4x bike is exactly what I want (the rampant with a vpp is great) but with a 73-74 degree seat-post angle.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013781
Mobile Version of Website