Bags and all that practicle-ness

PB Forum :: 29ers
Bags and all that practicle-ness
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 26, 2010 at 22:59 Quote
Thort id start a thread about what you do to be practicle on a bike?

Like what bags you use, whats good about them and so on, or even them belts that hold locks or saddle bags, how do you carry your stuff!

every one travels to places, every one needs locks, no one realy talks about how they do it

talk away please Salute

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 1:19 Quote
I use a simple camelback mule if I am going somewhere where i may need to bring something to / from, but mainly for locks and lights and such.

bigger runs, like food shopping or delivering stuff, i take my schwalbe messenger bag, as it is fully waterproof and is half of an old tyre, which is badass.

and little jaunts into town i use a Fanatic leg bag as it is just big enough to hold my D-lock, keys, wallet and phone.

i am considering panniers though...

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 2:47 Quote
Camelback Havoc, maybe one of the most useful bags to have.

HUGE carrying space, compression mesh large enough for a full face crash hat, waterproof segment for phones/iPods.

Used it for almost 3 years now, both for riding and for college. Still going strong Big Grin

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 5:14 Quote
I have a normal rucksack, good for carrying groceries and my bike locks, a bag is always good to have, or if I go on a long distance ride I can carry food and drink in it.

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 9:39 Quote
i have a nice selection of ermmm 5 ish bags. all backpacks in different shapes and sizes, i have a saddle bag but i never get around to using it, wish i did becouse its quite nice riding with no bag

been thinking about them bum bag/fanny pack things i seen a few riders wearing

p.s, invite yo freinds!

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 9:43 Quote
Camel Back Cloud Walker for just a normal ride, (it's not MTB specific but it has all the right straps and is very roomy for anything really)

I'f i'm trail building i'll take a 35l hiking pack with me to carry tools and whatnot.

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 9:55 Quote
i got a handy camel back style bag(cheeper company) i took the water sack out and use it to just hold what i need, the thing is seriusly tiny so it dosnt get in the way when im in the drops at 30+ Smile

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 10:04 Quote
Yeah I no longer use the hydration pack in mine either.

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 10:30 Quote
why bother when you can just carry a bottle of water!

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 11:05 Quote
True! It makes the pack not sit properly on my back. Plus the bite valve keeps leaking.

What I really don't see the point of on mountain bikes are bottle cages! Drinking out of something that is bound to get covered in shit off the trails does not appeal to me. I find it amusing seeing cage mounts on the underside of full sus frames! (mine included)

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 11:16 Quote
my mates one of them fools, we went on a ride and his bottle got coverd in mud, i had a nice cleen powerade in my bag Smile

my water sack thing leeks to, i went to drink it once and my hole left leg was soked, nice...

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 11:21 Quote
joe-got-the-erge wrote:
my mates one of them fools, we went on a ride and his bottle got coverd in mud, i had a nice cleen powerade in my bag Smile

my water sack thing leeks to, i went to drink it once and my hole left leg was soked, nice...

Sure you didn't piss yourself? lol

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 11:47 Quote
Let me beleive what i want! Cry

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 22:20 Quote
I live on two wheels, so I've a lot of bags.

Touring: Topeak 1.8l BarPack; Voyager 56l panniers; Lezyne saddlebag.

Shopping: Jandd Grocery bag (planning on getting a second); four Voyager 30l panniers (one for each corner); Timbuk2 Messenger bag (ballistic fabric).

Everyday/commute: Camelbak Mayhem (sans bladder); Lezyne trunk bag.

I've tried a great many bags, and these have time and time again been the absolute best I've used (I'm super impressed with the Lezyne trunk bag at the moment). In addition I have to say that water on the bike is far better than on your back. My touring bike has four water bottle mounts, my XC bike has two, my fixie and winter bikes both have just one. Every time these bikes get used those holders get used. Yes, the bottles get dirty, but I'd rather not wear a backpack if possible. You don't get as sweaty, and the weight is lower. Both bonuses in my book.

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 22:25 Quote
I dont usually take a bag, but my multitool lives in my back pocket. If i do take a bag, for a day ride or summat i have the medium sized fox "camelbak" type bag which i like because it has plenty of room and can hold pads or a helmet if it needs to

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010136
Mobile Version of Website