Amazing young rider!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Amazing young rider!
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
SwickedV wrote:
SpikeX wrote:
odin333 wrote:

yeah i agree. and their bragging how he is the best DH rider and he's only 9. well...last time i checked each age devision is either one or two year difference at races. so the best he could be racing against is a 10 year old and the youngest an 8 year old. how many 8-10 year olds want to go full out in a downhill race? maybe if he was like 17 or something like that then yeah because theirs like probably 100x more people compeating then in the 8-10 year old division.

plain out he's not a good rider, he's spoiled, and in all the pictures of him with his "friends" (pro's) they all know and are thinking that this kid is a spoiled rotten bad rider.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

haha same
i agree totaly!!

LOL im not sure you understand the concept of DH, it really doesnt matter what league your racing in, all you have to do is look at other age groups times and you can know what place you would have come in for each league. using the excuse that the people he races against arnt trying hard enough is probably the most ignorant thing i have ever heard from someone in a while.

This kid is pushing himself at the age of 9 more than alot of you groms are at the age of 13,14 and even 15 ( key word alot, not all) This reminds me of Duncan Riffle, alot of racers thought less of him because he didnt race internationally so all of his accomplishments were somewhat thought of more lightly because of it. But i think when this kid gets a little older, and breaks out into the higher class's of racing alot of people will change there point of view.

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 14:31 Quote
kawi wrote:
SwickedV wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

haha same
i agree totaly!!

LOL im not sure you understand the concept of DH, it really doesnt matter what league your racing in, all you have to do is look at other age groups times and you can know what place you would have come in for each league. using the excuse that the people he races against arnt trying hard enough is probably the most ignorant thing i have ever heard from someone in a while.

This kid is pushing himself at the age of 9 more than alot of you groms are at the age of 13,14 and even 15 ( key word alot, not all) This reminds me of Duncan Riffle, alot of racers thought less of him because he didnt race internationally so all of his accomplishments were somewhat thought of more lightly because of it. But i think when this kid gets a little older, and breaks out into the higher class's of racing alot of people will change there point of view.

i think this last guy spends too much time on pinkbike

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 15:16 Quote
[Quote="SpikeX"]
odin333 wrote:
adderhead wrote:
lol, not that impressive. So what, he has a v-10 and a million other bikes. he's spoiled by a cocky daddy who probably thinks he's all that. although I agree with some others, he practically bought his way to happiness. if he's really damned good at 15 then I might be a little more impressed. but still. eh.

yeah i agree. and their bragging how he is the best DH rider and he's only 9. well...last time i checked each age devision is either one or two year difference at races. so the best he could be racing against is a 10 year old and the youngest an 8 year old. how many 8-10 year olds want to go full out in a downhill race? maybe if he was like 17 or something like that then yeah because theirs like probably 100x more people compeating then in the 8-10 year old division.

plain out he's not a good rider, he's spoiled, and in all the pictures of him with his "friends" (pro's) they all know and are thinking that this kid is a spoiled rotten bad rider.
yeah but hes not 17 hes 9

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 15:18 Quote
kawi wrote:
SwickedV wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

haha same
i agree totaly!!

very WELL put !

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
ok im gonna end the thread, it all comes down to opportunity, if any of us had his opportunities we would be in about the same position he is in. he is just damn lucky. your opinion on him maybe that he is a spoiled brat and i agree, another opinion is that this guy is an awesome rider and i agree, style or no style he can clear jumps on aline that i cant clear, but at the same time on the ones i can clear i do a mcuh better job of it.

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
id have to agrea with that post, im not saying he is some magic downhill racer from heaven, i just think he deserves a little more respect than what alot of these people are giving him

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
Can I be the start of the end?
Razz
bigquotesFor Troy's 9th B'Day, he got a new Kawi KLX 110

When I was frigging nine, I was lucky if I got more than a few books and actionmen..
In short..this guys spoilt rotten, but i'm happy for him, becassue if I was nice, and i got that oppertunity, I'd have a V10 too..I'd get my dad to make a website about me..I'd be a cocky wee shite.

But once I got to about 17..I'd be getting beaten by 19yrolds and i would go home and cry for weeks and this would wreck my mental strngth, all because I didn't know how to coe with losing because I was bought the best of the best when i was young because I couldn't win any other way.

If you get me.
2 cents

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
what a joke
i wish i had like 3 bikes for every discipline of riding
and the kid probbaaly doesnt even like it
his parents force him to

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 16:11 Quote
that comment there just show you didnt even take the time to read an article or 2 about the kid

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
-Monty- wrote:
Can I be the start of the end?
Razz
bigquotesFor Troy's 9th B'Day, he got a new Kawi KLX 110

When I was frigging nine, I was lucky if I got more than a few books and actionmen..
In short..this guys spoilt rotten, but i'm happy for him, becassue if I was nice, and i got that oppertunity, I'd have a V10 too..I'd get my dad to make a website about me..I'd be a cocky wee shite.

But once I got to about 17..I'd be getting beaten by 19yrolds and i would go home and cry for weeks and this would wreck my mental strngth, all because I didn't know how to coe with losing because I was bought the best of the best when i was young because I couldn't win any other way.

If you get me.
2 cents

what about the guys that race mx, alot of pros started alot younger than nine on a dirt bike, and i bet when they got good there rents bought them 1 or 2

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 16:30 Quote
hah i cant even get a used pocket bike

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 16:31 Quote
and remember alot of mx racers come from familys who do alot of mx

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
thats true, and this kids dad is into riding, so whats the difference

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
kawi wrote:
thats true, and this kids dad is into riding, so whats the difference
89019019028343217064816784169873465871634578x different

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
really? explain, because this kids dad definitly has alot of connections, and hes probably won some of those bikes. and a half decent mx bike isnt cheap, especially concidering if your racing your gona go threw an engine or 2 at least. so i would say that cost wise there equal

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014052
Mobile Version of Website