'09 jamis komodo......

PB Forum :: Beginners
'09 jamis komodo......
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2010 at 11:50 Quote
i want to get a serious bike on a low budget, any good words for the jamis komodo..................

Posted: Oct 19, 2010 at 18:11 Quote
i have an '08 komodo 2 and love it. i put a 55 on it and use it for free ride and dh. rides great. over at mtbr in the jamis section there are two threads on the komodos those there like them. there really isn't all that much info on them online, it kinda irked me when i went to buy mine this past summer.... http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 4:45 Quote
I have a 08 Komodo 1 and love it as well. Totally rebuilt it and made it a 1X8 with X7 stuff, Juicy 3s and A Marz Drop Off 1. Great bike for freeride and stuff like that. Not a great jumping bike or a bike park rig but an all around great bike. FWIW I got mine for under 400$ new and shipped...the upgrades cost me a little more.

I think the 09 tucked the rear wheel in a little more but thats the only difference.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 5:34 Quote
A buddy of mine has a '07 Komodo 3.0 and that bike is just sick. I prefer the geometry of that frame over the newer frames geometry. Been looking for a '07 Komodo 3.0 frame I can build up, but can't find any one that wants to part with one. Oh well.

Those Komodos are some sweet bikes for FR'ing, DJ's, and all out urban. As per DH, I'll stick to my big FS sled for that.....lol lol lol At 42 years of age, bombing down a gnarly DH section at warp speed on a HT is a not my ticket anymore, though that's how I started out DH racing. Great slalom bike though! tup

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 11:21 Quote
I agree with Chilli. Riding DH you will get worked with the Komodo, I dont care what anyone says.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 11:41 Quote
i ride dh on my komodo, as long as ur not a friggin pro, its alot of fun compared to a full suspension

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 12:23 Quote
frenchkomodo2 wrote:
i ride dh on my komodo, as long as ur not a friggin pro, its alot of fun compared to a full suspension
On gnarly terrain or smooth to fairly smooth DH track? Not knocking it, 'cause I started out DH racing on a HT bike when FS bikes were not around or just being innovated back in the day. Plus when you get my age bro, you want it a bit smoother on the ole bones, though gnarly is the best DH, but on a FS sled for me. lol lol lol

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 13:00 Quote
i here ya. lol. terrain wise id say its pretty rough, if you've ever been to mt. killington in vermont i ride all the trails there, same with mt. snow. that is why i put a bigger fork on my bike though, another summer dh-ing on a dj fork was going to leave me with arthritic hands at 20 haha

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
frenchkomodo2 wrote:
i here ya. lol. terrain wise id say its pretty rough, if you've ever been to mt. killington in vermont i ride all the trails there, same with mt. snow. that is why i put a bigger fork on my bike though, another summer dh-ing on a dj fork was going to leave me with arthritic hands at 20 haha
Too funny bro, just way funny....lol lol lol

I feel ya bro. I used to be hardcore like that when I was your age, and even to this day sometimes i just do not know hen to say no. Me and gnarly have a lot in common...lol Yeah man, I have been to Mt. Killington once when I went up that way to pick up my Sinister R9 a few years back. Awesome track bro! What size fork do you have on your Komodo?

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 16:16 Quote
2010 160mm marz. 55 tst 2

Posted: Dec 26, 2010 at 16:45 Quote
so i got a 2010 giant brass2 its super nice but everything around my house is MUCK!

Posted: Dec 26, 2010 at 17:28 Quote
jughead12 wrote:
so i got a 2010 giant brass2 its super nice but everything around my house is MUCK!
Awesome bro! Have fun ripping up the trails with it.....Beer

O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2010 at 17:46 Quote
Speaking of ripping on trails and Jamis bikes...Chilipepper!! When can we get out to GFT so I can ride some stuff with my new ride? (Reply my PM or add me to your friends please)

Posted: Dec 26, 2010 at 17:49 Quote
yeah i cant wait till summer

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 19:25 Quote
Hey my giant has an rst launch fork, i was wanting to upgrade in the future and was wondering about spinner ammo's, Are they any good?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011464
Mobile Version of Website