Neck Brace

PB Forum :: Downhill
Neck Brace
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 0:37 Quote
sancho-ramerez wrote:
rangemaster wrote:
what's people's opinion on the EVS RC EVO? i can get one for about $100. i downhill and am branching out into freeride a little and more heavily into dirt jumping. anyways i am currently a intermediate level trail rider (can do blue square trails no sweat, not quite black diamond yet) is this neck brace good? or would a 100 be better spent on a pressure suit?

I bought one a while back because they were out of Leatt and Alpinestar braces that fit me. Seems perfectly fine to me. Fits comfortably and has a decent range of movement. As far as I know there are no regulations yet for neck braces. If you buy a cheap helmet it still has to pass all the tests... With neck braces the companies test their own products against their own standards. I would guess that some time in the near future there will be industry wide tests.
this right here is a testament to how well the EVS brace worked for me, I'm close to 240 pounds with gear and I hit this berm face first at over 25 km/h and the brace saved my life, I'm sure of it, and afterward I got up, took the brace off, checked it over and it's about as good as the day I got it
Views: 1,429    Faves: 11    Comments: 18

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 12:19 Quote
yeah I went out and tested both the alpinestars and leatt braces, and the leatt definitely feels nicer. gonna be going with leatt.

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 13:04 Quote
theriotact wrote:
yeah I went out and tested both the alpinestars and leatt braces, and the leatt definitely feels nicer. gonna be going with leatt.
I found that the alpinestars dug in under my collar bone, I've also heard of many crashes where the alpinestars braces have broken peoples' collar bones and doctors have told them the collar bones wouldn't have broken without the brace on

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 14:46 Quote
its all dependent on fitting, if the Leatt isnt fitted right(too tight of too loose) it will break your collar bone as well

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 18:58 Quote
I've heard both of those things but the person at the shop I went to said it's really just a risk with any brace, so honestly which is worse a broken collar bone for a few weeks or a broken neck for life, that's just the way I see it

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 20:00 Quote
well u could get lucky and not have any thing wrong and it heal just fine.,.... but that chance is like 527304895720398475098374509827340895273049857 to 1 lol

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017867
Mobile Version of Website