PB Forum :: USA - West
Oregon / Washington move.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 1, 2010 at 9:37 Quote
Looking at possibly moving.

What I'm looking for:
Easy access to some decent bike trails.
abundance of Motor sports. Rally, SCCA road racing.

What I have:
Family. Schools are a concern, no gangs, low crime.

What are the suggestions for places in the Washington / Oregon area. I am in Florida now, and there is no riding where I'm at. It's all sand, scrub oaks, and swamp.

I'd prefer not to be in the heart of a big city, but don't want to be in the sticks.

What are some suggestions for good areas to look at. Maybe two or three cities or areas, and I'll take a trip to the ones that sound the best.

Thanks.

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 at 21:43 Quote
Not sure about the racing i remember looking for a place to take a supermoto and seeing a track that allows drift cars but thats about all i remember but for ralley racing you could go up the mountains and just have friends at each end of a fire road with radios and race up there. Some cities I would suggest checking out would be mukilteo, issaquah, or Monroe. Not real familiar with oregon. What type of work are you looking for. There is epic mountain biking in both washington and oregon. http://www.supermotousa.net/tracks.asp thats a link to supermoto tracks some should allow cars

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 at 21:53 Quote
Hey, i live in spokane washington, i would suggest there. Its nice, some gangs, but not in the valley. we have 4 ski mountains, and 1 dh park. we have a race track very close, and a great choice school. really, its the best for description. small enough to have alot of fun, but big enough that it isnt country

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 11:41 Quote
Thanks. I'll look into both of them. At the moment, I'm eyeballing the Enumclaw area, just east of Tacoma.

Work wise, I'm a Mechanical Engineer, so something close to a big city is going to be pretty necessary I think.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 11:52 Quote
spokane! really, we have a huge airforce base, a number of engineering things, and TONS of riding. best in the northwest

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 at 21:22 Quote
Eastside area for sure. Issaquah would be a winner. Duthie hill is right there and you're centrally located to most other areas to ride in the eastside. Collonade is just in Seattle 20-30min drive. Bellevue for a work/lifestyle city. I'd have to say Issaquah. There should be some good motorsport areas in Northbend area about 20min drive from Issaquah.

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 21:48 Quote
i gotta suggest portland its a pretty dope city. there are a number of sweet places to ride in oregon mt. hood is just out side portland. there are gangs but an abundance of them and there are a few good schools like PSU.the motor sports that are in oregon are all pretty much in the north.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010581
Mobile Version of Website