Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 22:47 Quote
Ok. Thanks mate Smile

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 12:41 Quote
Finally got a new fork. I think the bike turned out pretty hot, what do you reckon?

photo

photo

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 13:22 Quote
nhp890 wrote:
Finally got a new fork. I think the bike turned out pretty hot, what do you reckon?

photo

photo

Pretty nice black combo, but first thing noticed- seatpost color, replace it with something black and would be completely ready.

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 13:25 Quote
Don't want to downgrade to aluminium. I'd change it if there were light aluminium I-Beam compatible seatposts available, but I haven't heard of any.

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 13:41 Quote
Don't take it harshly, but I think it's got a little too much bling for stealthy looks, renthal bars,maxxis tyres, and chainstay guard need sorting in my opinion

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 13:52 Quote
I'll give you that, the chainstay guard needs to gtfo. Any reliable way to black out the writing on the tyres?

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 13:57 Quote
Black sharpie is what I've used in the past but try to be clean when doing it, aka don't scribble all over it bewcause that looks awefull if you rush it XD

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 13:58 Quote
But I do like Boxxers for a murdered out build, how are they riding from new?

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 14:01 Quote
Yeah that's what I usually use, but it gets sort of blue/purple-ish after a while. I wonder if spray paint would do the trick...

The Boxxer is surprisingly smooth compared to my previous 2010 one. It's just the RC model and it feels heaps smoother than the old one with an Avalanche cart, which says a lot. Feels really good, which is not what I was expecting. Of course, it's going to be fitted with the Avalanche cartridge soon and it's shaping up to be a fantastic fork.

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 14:08 Quote
nhp890 wrote:

photo

photo

Did you go 27.5? or is that the 26 version?

I just went 27.5 with mine. Just need some wheels now! I think I sold my old WC boxxer so that should pay for wheels.

dave

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 14:23 Quote
That's the 26. I didn't want to risk spoiling the geometry by putting bigger wheels than intended by the manufacturer. My next bike is damn sure going to be 650b.

Posted: May 4, 2015 at 0:20 Quote
What lenght of rear brake hose is suitable for Summum 2013 size M ? Mine has 145cm and I will have frame tommorow. I am wondering if it will reach, or should I order a new longer hose ?

Posted: May 4, 2015 at 1:25 Quote
And here it is mine and my buddy weapons after a day ot testing. Pretty happy with them.
P.S Sorry but now i am not able to take a measurement of the rear brake cable, lately i will check and post it.

photo

Posted: May 4, 2015 at 2:25 Quote
Thamo wrote:
What lenght of rear brake cable is suitable for Summum 2013 size M ? Mine has 145cm and I will have frame tommorow. I am wondering if it will reach, or should I order a new longer cable ?
Mine L sized frame is equipped with 150mm brake hose. I think 145mm for your M size is a good way to go

Posted: May 4, 2015 at 8:04 Quote
My M-sized 2012 frame has a 165cm hose. Maybe 1st gen frames needed longer ones...

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012740
Mobile Version of Website