Trek Session and Scratch differences?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Trek Session and Scratch differences?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 18:15 Quote
I live in Florida and in my area, no downhill, a little bit of Freeride but a few hours away from me,

So I am looking at buying a Scratch, because my bike has to be very trail rideable because most of the time I can't make it to the Freeride spot.

So my question is, if hypothetically we took a 2011 Scratch 9 and swapped the components to a 2009 or 2010 Session 8 or 88 frame, what are gonna be the major differences? Will it be almost the same bike? Will the weight be close?
Anything you can think of?

I am a former 05 Session 77 owner and loved that bike so I am hesitant to get the Scratch (although I am getting it) over another Session.

Thanks in advance for the info

Posted: Nov 28, 2010 at 8:50 Quote
The trek session is a full on 8 inch downhill bike and, although one of the lighter DH bikes will be pretty poor for trail riding (will get you fit though!) the scratch, although easily capable of almost any DH bike is a FR/AM bike designed to be able to pedalled up and rip down so imo just buy a stock scratch and you will be happy!

Posted: Nov 28, 2010 at 9:16 Quote
I ride a session 88 fr, and I love it. I wouldn't take it out on a xc ride though. I did ride it on a 4 mile xc loop once, but there weren't any big climbs, and still it wasn't exactly easy. I wouldn't do it again. The session is definitely for bike parks with a chair lift. The 2011 scratch coil, is a full out freeride bike. You'll have trouble pedalling that up as well, since it is 7 inches front and rear, and has only 1 chain ring. The 2010 scratch coil would be more suitable for dh and being able to climb, since the geo is a little different, has a 160 mm fork, and 2 chain rings (36, 24).

This year they made the scratch in 2 versions- The air, which is basically a larger remedy super trail bike. And the coil, a pure freeride machine. I would look for a 2010 coil. Good for park riding, and you can go on trail rides with it.

O+
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 12:44 Quote
Got the Scratch

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q69/traeday3/MTB/IMG_20101215_140247.jpg

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010184
Mobile Version of Website