Life Cycles

• Previous Page
Posted: Nov 28, 2010 at 10:03 Quote
I ordered this many moons ago anyone got any idea when we are likely to get them please ?

Posted: Nov 28, 2010 at 10:25 Quote
benjaminbutton wrote:
I ordered this many moons ago anyone got any idea when we are likely to get them please ?
DVD were shipped recently, Blu-rays will be coming soon, checj their FB page for details

Posted: Nov 28, 2010 at 13:00 Quote
From their Facebook page:
DVD’S ARE SHIPPING!!!
and BluRays are not far behind.

As many of you are aware we have been delayed getting copies of Life Cycles out but we are very
excited to announce that we have thousands of DVD’s on hand and are shipping as we speak.
For those of you that have be “disappointed” to put it nicely, we hope that this news will re-stoke
your fire to see the film we have produced.
We again apologize for the delay, we had issues that truly were out of our hands, but are now
looking forward to sharing it with you!

If you have a BluRay on order, they are due to ship from the factory in the first week of December.
When they are in our hands we’ll announce it and get you your copy a.s.a.p.
Posted:November 24 at 12:40pm

FL
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 9:21 Quote
Some ppl in the US already have theirs. Hope my mates one arrives soon.

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 5:00 Quote
Got my copy today, I must say I'm more than a little disappointed I thought NWD 10 and Follow Me were far better

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2010 at 20:54 Quote
j-maul wrote:
Got my copy today, I must say I'm more than a little disappointed I thought NWD 10 and Follow Me were far better
it depends on what you like. if you are after action then follow me or nwd is better. if you are after an interesting film, then go with life cycles. it is something totally different than other bike movies, and it is amazing. if you go by cinematography it is the best bike movie ever.

Posted: Dec 11, 2010 at 1:34 Quote
wills-name-here wrote:
j-maul wrote:
it depends on what you like. if you are after action then follow me or nwd is better. if you are after an interesting film, then go with life cycles. it is something totally different than other bike movies, and it is amazing. if you go by cinematography it is the best bike movie ever.

Your right, it took me three times watching it to fully apreciate it as more of a movie, rather than a collection of clips

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2010 at 14:37 Quote
Just watched this today and I cannot overstate how terrible it is. They tried WAY TOO HARD! The narration is corny - shut up about your grandfather and the river of life - and seems to have been written by a stoned teenager. Some of the camera work is really well done and some of it is pointless tight shots and excessive cuts. I know the scenery is beautiful and all, but I want to see riding, not mountains. They used way to many "special effects" too - yes, we get it, you know how to use a computer. Good for you!

There's only about 15 minutes of actual riding and it's not up to the level of "Follow Me" or the last NWD. A good bike movie should make we want to ride, not go online and tell people how much it sucked.

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
This movie should not be compared to anything that has gone before it. It is a whole different genre than previous bike movies. I was stunned watching this. I could barely blink in fear of missing even a moment of the breath-taking camera work. I actually had tears in my eyes at one point, that's how moving it was for me.

Posted: Dec 27, 2010 at 5:19 Quote
wibblywobbly wrote:
Just watched this today and I cannot overstate how terrible it is. They tried WAY TOO HARD! The narration is corny - shut up about your grandfather and the river of life - and seems to have been written by a stoned teenager. Some of the camera work is really well done and some of it is pointless tight shots and excessive cuts. I know the scenery is beautiful and all, but I want to see riding, not mountains. They used way to many "special effects" too - yes, we get it, you know how to use a computer. Good for you!

There's only about 15 minutes of actual riding and it's not up to the level of "Follow Me" or the last NWD. A good bike movie should make we want to ride, not go online and tell people how much it sucked.

I couldnt agree more!! this was by far the worst mtb movie i have seen!

on the plus side it cost me just £10 through itunes! I will not be watching again

Posted: Dec 27, 2010 at 5:44 Quote
andrew-ewart wrote:
This movie should not be compared to anything that has gone before it. It is a whole different genre than previous bike movies.

Exactly.

Even watching the trailer, the first thing the narrator says is that "This isn't a bike movie, its a movie about a bike". They're aiming to capture the entire experience, not simply showcase what someone else is capable of doing on their bike. I'd imagine the style does appeal more to the older viewer but before anyone goes and says it outright sucks, try watching it as a movie rather than watching it as a bike movie because that's what its meant to be.

Posted: Dec 27, 2010 at 7:42 Quote
jimmarshall14 wrote:
wibblywobbly wrote:

I couldnt agree more!! this was by far the worst mtb movie i have seen!

on the plus side it cost me just £10 through itunes! I will not be watching again

Muddy Funsters, I paid full pinkbike price. But still I enjoyed the film so I'm not that pissed off, I hope the rampage comes onto itunes

Posted: Dec 29, 2010 at 10:50 Quote
I bought mine off iTunes and I'm so happy. The blueray needed to be mine, but no player. So now I have it high def for $9. Saved me alot of trouble. I will say that the movie was great, but not what I expected. I was expecting more action. The action I did see was nice and very well captured. If anything it just turned me on to buying from iTunes and other MTB movies.

Posted: Dec 29, 2010 at 18:28 Quote
Anyone else still waiting for their Blu-Ray???

Posted: Dec 31, 2010 at 22:04 Quote
After receiving this video for Xmas, I have watched it at least 5 times now. It takes bike videos to a whole new level. From a "show me riding" perspective, it doesnt have anything more to offer then any other video. From a "explain why I devote every breath of life towards riding" perspective... its perfect!

I will agree that the narration is a little long but I wouldnt have it any different. This is a movie about a life of a bike, not people riding them.

the video quality or rather "cinematography" is SO ridiculous that I find myself overwhelmed which requires multiple viewing

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012244
Mobile Version of Website