Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 21:41 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nice spandex geezer

Haha, that was de rigueur back then, along with shell-less polystyrene helmets and fluro all round. Them was the days! lol

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 22:00 Quote
And seat post fully extendedEek

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 22:40 Quote
93 team issue was a hell of a bike! had the 95 indian fire trail with squared stays which looked a bit like the manitou hardtail with white industries cranks and front hub...those where the days! manitou 3 4 and efc Drool rode it the first half year with its original rigid fork and then bought a mag21 and some red ano critical racing brakes. riding in jeans, sweatshirt and half cabs ... no spandex for me

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 23:26 Quote
Wish I felt comfortable with drop bars but I don't. Testrode a so called 'gravel crosser' recently but I guess I'm a flat bar guy. There would be so many nice touring mtb frames out there which are mostly drop bar specific (Sutra Ltd, Beyond etc.). Surly Bridge Club complete bike only. Has to be a steel tourer, got to look further.

Do you guys like the drop bar feel because you rode road bikes before or is it more a functional thing?

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 23:30 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
looking sick. I toss around the drop bar idea often but never want to invest in the brakes.... suppose could get some BB7's or something going eh?

Dude, I've got a pair of trp spyres kicking around...flat mount rear though. You want, I send.

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 23:37 Quote
for normal riding around or commuting to work i like the drop bars on my gravelbike but when i am riding offroad and things get a bit hairy i nearly sh!t my pants because i feel scared with the dropbar. i think i need to adjust to it. a dropper post would help i think as the saddle is very high on steep descends.

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 23:46 Quote
I hate dropbars with a passion. They might be OK on the road, but not in the dirt.
I rode a bunch of different setups, all with fixed seatposts and rim brakes though. They just aren't for me.

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 0:29 Quote
Quite happy about it..

Sick bicycle co. Gnarcissist Bike of the day vitalmtb

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 0:35 Quote
ledude wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
looking sick. I toss around the drop bar idea often but never want to invest in the brakes.... suppose could get some BB7's or something going eh?

Dude, I've got a pair of trp spyres kicking around...flat mount rear though. You want, I send.

Hmmmm I should probably skip it... sounds like another can of worms ... much thanks for the offer though Smile

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 0:55 Quote
dagzin wrote:
Quite happy about it..

Congrats, I know how it is to see iceman's comment on your post! Lol... More seriously, it's a great success, as there are not many hardtails chosen in a year ... no more than 20 per year ...

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 3:07 Quote
Congrats, I know how it is to see iceman's comment on your post! Lol... More seriously, it's a great success, as there are not many hardtails chosen in a year ... no more than 20 per year ...[/Quote]

Thank you.... Wow didn’t know it was that small amount... feel even more blessed lol

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 4:10 Quote
dagzin wrote:
Quite happy about it..

Long overdue.....congrats!!

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 11:34 Quote
Do Sick list their geo anywhere? Can't find it anywhere.

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 11:50 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Do Sick list their geo anywhere? Can't find it anywhere.

They aren’t selling any frame atm.

If you check out my profile there’s the geo to my Gnarcissist.. if that helps

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021637
Mobile Version of Website